This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unbrick or fix NAND on the MK808

Then or hdmi cable or hdmi plug I think, no errors when flased=nand ok, but anyway try to flash and wait some minutes to unplug the otg port, and try again, is plugged the hdmi while is flashed?, after flash the device must reboot automatically, and some times unplugg the device fast cause bootloop, but I think then you must see the bootlogo, but anyway is something more to test, sorry no more ideas for now.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Then or hdmi cable or hdmi plug I think, no errors when flased=nand ok, but anyway try to flash and wait some minutes to unplug the otg port, and try again, is plugged the hdmi while is flashed?, after flash the device must reboot automatically, and some times unplugg the device fast cause bootloop, but I think then you must see the bootlogo, but anyway is something more to test, sorry no more ideas for now.
      Ok I ordered a new HDMI cable. Hopefully I can test tomorrow. Tnx.

Comment

Originally posted by .ed View Post
        Ok I ordered a new HDMI cable. Hopefully I can test tomorrow. Tnx.
        Tell us if it works or not please.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Tell us if it works or not please.
          Got my new cable, tried it, and it works!!!
          Thanks so much for your fast help!

Comment

Originally posted by .ed View Post
            Got my new cable, tried it, and it works!!!
            Thanks so much for your fast help!
            good.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Win7 dont detect MK808

I have problem with my MK808, NAND chip is Sandisk.My win7 dont recognize MK808 , blue LED is not on.USB cable is ok, because works with other MK808B! I tried with pin 7+8, but no succes. with pressed button + OTG port, nothing happened. Is my MK808 completely dead? Item worked nice, just one day but when i uplogged it from power, no more. What can i try?

Comment

Originally posted by palicaj View Post
                I have problem with my MK808, NAND chip is Sandisk.My win7 dont recognize MK808 , blue LED is not on.USB cable is ok, because works with other MK808B! I tried with pin 7+8, but no succes. with pressed button + OTG port, nothing happened. Is my MK808 completely dead? Item worked nice, just one day but when i uplogged it from power, no more. What can i try?
                I suggest you to try different usb wire and usb ports, and if you can a different computer. Try to use 2.0 isb port, no 3.0. And use the stick connected directly to the mainboard port, no usb hub.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Another one is bricked...

Dear friends,

I saw this forum is full of very nice and helpful people, and Bob especially..
                  Maybe you will be able to help me.

I recently bought this MK808:
                  http://www.****.com/itm/181092266975...84.m1497.l2649
                  The seller even shows PCB pictures which exactly correspond to my deivce (I checked, but my PCB is green, not blue).
                  Inside my device: RK901 (I see it myself) + Rockchip 3066 (under the sink that I did not remove), two antennas (on one side of PCB I see two pins touching a small antenna surface, on another side - a cable soldered to a big antenna plate).
                  All seems to be correct for "proper" MK808, right?
                  The device came with firmware stating: model - MK808, Kernel: 3.0.8+, lfwang_V_300j1 #10, build: mk808_300j1_27_10_2012

The device was working fine, but after I flashed Finless 1.7c, the device got bricked.
                  Whenever I power it, the blue LED is lighting, but no signal on HDMI... nothing.
                  I tried to flash (using "ROM Flash Tool.exe") 1.7c, 2.0 BETA - nothing helps.
                  I even tried to flash (using "RKBatchTool.exe") what seems to be its original firmware (update_mk808_box_301j1.img), still the same trouble.

Each flashing process I did went without any errors. All was "OK".
                  I tried different PCs, different HDMI cables, 2.0A power supply - still no luck.

Do you have any idea what can be the issue?

Thank you,
                  Alex.

Comment

I suggest you to try different usb wire and usb ports, and if you can a different computer. Try to use 2.0 isb port, no 3.0. And use the stick connected directly to the mainboard port, no usb hub.
                    I tried , more computers, more usb cables...Stick becoming only warm, but no response.

Comment

Help Brick

Good morning,
                      This morning, as already done so many times, I wanted to reflash the new ROM Finless 1.7 in my MK808B (Original), but after an erase NAND (with success) I can no longer effettare the Flashrom. Place the contents of the Log.

10:15:34 727 INFO: Start to erase NAND
                      10:15:34 977 INFOownload USBData OK
                      10:15:35 789 INFOownload USBBoot OK
                      10:15:38 Flash 476 (0) - Erasing: 00000000 ~ 00000049 ...
                      10:15:38 Good 523 block
                      10:15:38 538 INFO: Erasing IDB OK
                      10:20:57 415 INFO: Start to run
                      10:20:57 415 MaskRom Device Path (\ \? \ USB # VID_2207 & PID_300A # 5 & 32ACCCF3 & 0 & 3 # {A5D cbf10-6530-11d2-901F-00c04fb951ed}), threadID = 1376
                      10:20:57 431 INFO: Start to download boot
                      10:20:57 899 INFOownload USBData OK
                      10:20:59 055 INFOownload USBBoot OK
                      10:20:59 055 INFOownload boot OK
                      10:21:01 071 INFO: Start to test device
                      10:21:01 071 INFO: Test device OK
                      10:21:01 086 INFO: Start to download IDB
                      10:21:01 086 Flash Chip Information:
                      10:21:01 102 NO SIZE (MB) Manufacturer
                      10:21:01 133 ---------- ---------------------------------- -
                      10:21:01 149 ---------- ---------------------------------- -
                      10:21:01 ERROR 149: No Found 1th chip
                      10:21:01 164 Errorownload IDB failed
                      10:21:01 ERROR 180: Run failed
                      10:21:01 195 ERROR: failed MaskRomThread

What strange and x fayto that the software Flash the ROM recognizes the MK, without crushing the little button, soon as I plug the cable into the OTG port.
                      Someone could recommend something?
                      thanks

Comment

Open up the LOG folder and delete everything in there.

Also try this change:
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...some-USB-ports!

See what you get then.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Dear friends,

all though I didn't get replies about my situation (see 4 posts above), I want to let you know that my problem was completely solved by re-flashing on another laptop.
                          This is extremely weird, but that's true.
                          I tried on several computers (with USB 2.0) and the flashing process went smoothly on any of them - I got "OK" at every step (erasing NAND, flashing new firmware, etc.). So there were no any signs of errors, but the device did not boot.
                          However, when I tried flashing on a 3rd computer, the devices booted fine!
                          It seems that the flashing process is NOT stable (EVEN when no errors appear!) and depends on USB.

I hope this information will help those who find themselves in similar situation.

All the best.

Comment

My Mk808B works again!

Yesterday I bricked my mk808b. I thought there was no hope.
                            After a lot of trying finally I made it work again.
                            First of all, I changed the usb cable. I didn't think it was important at first. Maybe I was wrong.
                            Then I flash the stock Rom with RKBatch Tool. And my Mk808b lived again.
                            After all, I flash Finless Rom 1.7. Done! Never try Finless 2.1 again because I've got a Sunvel model.
                            And If u got someting like "Found RKAndroid...MaskRom rock usb" there is hope for u!
                            Sorry for my eng.

Comment

Brick solved

My MK808 was bricked during the flash process on a W8 computer. I have had all kinds of messsages, but have eventually solved it by using the pin option to get into the MaskRom.

I needed several attempts to get through the whole process even in MaskRom, though. And it only worked on my W7 computer, where I already had installed drivers several months ago.

If it does not work, try it on a W7 machine. And do not stop trying to easily .

Comment

no signal

hi all

i bought from dx.com a ug802 and it worked for ... 4 hours. i didn't install enything on it. just simply wouldn't start. i get "no signal" on hdmi input. i tried on 2 tv's, same result. i did not flash it or anything, just watched youtube.

i searched a little and i found the trick with the shorting of pins, i installed the drivers. in rkbatch i get the following error:
                                13:33:02 881 Rockchip Batch Tool v1.5.3.0 start run
                                13:33:21 322 **********Restore Start Total<1>**********
                                13:33:21 323 <Layer 7-2> Download Boot Start
                                13:33:31 589 <LAYER 7-2> ERROR:Boot_VendorRequest-->DeviceIoControl failed,Total(56454),Sended(0),bRet(1),err(0)
                                13:33:31 589 <LAYER 7-2> ERRORownloadBoot-->Boot_VendorRequest472 failed,index(0)
                                13:33:31 593 <Layer 7-2> Download Boot Fail
                                13:33:31 595 **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<10281>ms**********

from finless rom's i get:

13:36:35 423 Load Setting ok
                                13:36:35 560 Finless ROM Flash Tool - RKAndroidTool v1.3.5.0 Start Run
                                13:36:35 560 Scan thread:6576
                                13:36:35 570 Infothread=5676)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl In
                                13:36:35 571 Infothread=5676)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl Out,ret=1,err=183
                                13:36:35 590 ProcessID:5288,ThreadID:7564,RefCount:0
                                13:36:35 591 ProcessID:5288,ThreadID:6576,RefCount:0
                                13:36:35 598 Infothread=7036)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl In
                                13:36:35 693 Infothread=7036)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl Out,ret=1,err=183
                                13:36:35 694 Infothread=7704)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl In
                                13:36:35 694 Infothread=7704)IoControlProc-->DeviceIoControl Out,ret=1,err=183
                                13:36:47 936 INFO:Start to erase NAND
                                13:36:52 991 ERROR: DeviceIoControl failed. bRet=1,err=0,dwReturnByte=4096,nSendBytes=0,dwTota lSended=1635076
                                13:36:52 992 ERRORownload USBData failed
                                13:36:52 992 ERRORownload boot failed

i tried with 6 different cables, on 3 computers (win7 win8 winxp).

i do not know what to do. i saw that someone sugested to heat the device so that maybe bad solder will be repaired.

Comment

Working...
                                X