Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try other pc too, if not, I don't know how bring to life again.
    And try to flash with other program too.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Unbrick or fix NAND on the MK808

I think mine is bricked.. When I connect the mk808b via the otg port to the computer, finless flashing tool detects as mask rom mode. I get the download idb failure when I flash with that. The rkbatchtool doesn't seem to detect anything on 1 computer but shows up on another.. But it's in mask rom mode and i cant reboot to flash mode with that. Sigh anyone has any ideas what else I can try?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to un-brick MK802IIIS by shorting pin 5 & 6 like in picture (credits to Arnova.forum). Maybe it will be useful to someone ...
        Attached Files

Comment

As long as the power light is on you should have a chance to bring it to life.

I did struggled with it for many hours. I tried Windows 8, Windows XP and many other PCs that I have. Eventually it did talk to one of them. If you really follow carefully with the instructions and with patience you will bring it back to life.

Comment

Hi, My mk808b from Geekbuying seems to be on it's way out. I was browsing away and then the screen just froze, I reset it but the blue light wouldn't come on. I left it off for awhile, tested again, this time it booted but the screen went blank once I clicked on the browser. Multiple restarts have given different results, sometimes no blue light, other times stuck at finless boot screen or blank screen. So far I've tried a different power source but it had no effect. Managed, after multiple attemps, to restore a backup via CWM but no joy. What's my next step? Reflash via pc? Thanks

Comment

bizar

I have bizarre situation ,on screen of my laptop ( Dell inspiron 630m ) is no possible to see all window of rk flash tool . Only way to see command on the bottom ,is to rotate screen. Is it someone know what is the problem.
              OK i am lamer but ....

Comment

Finless, many thanks for your contributions to support our RK3066 devices. I got into a pickle by flashing a Finless ROM for the original MK808B on my V1 clone. It looked and ran OK, but I didn't have wi-fi, and after reflashing the wrong ROM, I got a defective memory message and had no NAND memory available.

I realized then I had a clone (doh!), and flashed the correct ROM, but my NAND was still defective. So I found this thread. It was harder than I thought it would be to short NAND pins 8&9 on my MK808B V1 clone. I succeeded after half a dozen tries, but got the "No Found 1th chip" and "Download IDB Failed" messages repeatedly when trying to flash your Finless 1.7 Rom for the V1 clone. I found an earlier message that said I should short the pins every time I go into Mask ROM to completely erase/format the NAND, and that fixed my problem.

So, thanks again. I'd have a $40 loss, if not for you selflessly sharing your knowledge.
                MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

TF-BOOT Pins

Originally posted by mrigi View Post
                  I took away the heatsink and here is the chip info:
                  Line 1: SanDisk
                  Line 2: P224071991
                  Line 3: SDTNQGAMA-008G
                  Line 4: WAC5140066
                  Line 5: TAIWAN
                  For SDTNQGAMA-008G 5&6 pin on right side of chip are TF-BOOT Pins. I have it in my Nextbook NEXT7D12R with Amlogic AML 8726-mx.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfboot-SDTNQGAMA-008G.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	430652

Comment

I cannot for the life of me get the heatsink off. it's glue so hard and if i try to pry it off it feels like the board is going to snap. i tried to short the namd without taking off the heatsink and it just doesnt work.

edit: ya something gave up and i pulled the cpu out...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130919_012630[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	430777
                    Last edited by bakahero; 09-19-2013, 06:41.

Comment

Hello, I have MK808B original in which I tried to flash Finless ROM but it gave the Error: Download failed + ERROR: Run failed symptoms, after which I was unable to flash anything. So I entered the MaskRom mode and tried to flash the stock firmware with Rockchip Batch Tool, but it fails at the Prepare IDB phase. If I try with the Finless flash tool, the NAND erase is successful but flashing results in Error: Download IDB failed.
                      Does this mean that the NAND is fried and nothing can be done?

Comment

Will an old PC work?

Dear all,

Thank u for your support,
                        I started before bricking it to put picuntu (it worked minus screen over scale and wifi didn't worked).
                        So i wanted to go back but flash mode didn't work (failed to read descriptor)
                        I tried to short pin, worked but after restart in flash mode the PC (laptop acer 5542 running windows 8.1) didn't recognize the MK808 (failed to read descriptor).

After that the device got sticked in flash mode every time, so no blue led, no linux / android.

I switched to me extra old PC (Dell optiplex GX 100 running win xp-> 400 mhz CPU and USB 1.1 (soooooo slow)).
                        After connecting the device and install the driver the device was recognized.
                        it is going to take me over 30 min to flash.

PS seems to be working... i will came back with the result.
                        PS It worked, well after writing the rom (usb1.1) got stuck at verifying it, but after disconnecting and letting the recovery reset works fine.

in conclusion start dusting off your old PCs
                        Last edited by vasiboss; 11-02-2013, 12:18. Reason: update

Comment

NEO X5 bricked

Hi finless,

seems I bricked my NEO X5. I tried ALL. If I pay shipment (send / return) can you have a look?

Many thx!
                          alterfritz

Comment

Originally posted by tony763 View Post
                            For SDTNQGAMA-008G 5&6 pin on right side of chip are TF-BOOT Pins. I have it in my Nextbook NEXT7D12R with Amlogic AML 8726-mx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3068[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the big image.
                            But I have a different Nand Chip 29f32g08cbaca and I don't found the TF BOOT pin. Can I have a HELP?

Comment

This post saved my life. Thanks to all the smart guys that know enough about this product.

Comment

IDB Erase not counting anything

Hello,

I've successfully gotten my MK802IV into MaskROM mode and have hit "erase IDB". The log reports that it starts, and then that if finishes. Usually when I go through this process there is counting involved and Bob has before said that if it doesn't count all the way up to 4096 then it didn't erase properly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?

Thank you for your help,

Jboo

UPDATE: Counting didn't matter, I flashed it anyway and it's working.

All the best!

Jboo
                                Last edited by jboo; 01-16-2014, 06:56. Reason: FIXED IT !

Comment

Working...
                                X