Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPH 4Gb / 32Gb New Firmware Versions from Nagrace

Hi,

I've agreed with Tina from Nagrace to open this new thread to address new firmware versions and also any issues that need to be solved by them that were found during the tests of those firmware releases from Nagrace.

A new firmware version 1.3.9 is available from Nagrace for the HPH 4Gb / 32Gb with the following enhancements:

BETA_TRN6A_HPH-FO-N6_RK3288_4.4.2_EN_US_FT0_V1.3.9_140930.rar

Problems solved and new features:

* added Dolby, AC3/DTS
    cancelled the safety reminding of APK installation
    added the wake up of standby time for HDMI Switch IC
    Solved the HDMI flash screen issue of switch
    added Settings.Global.SOUND_EFFECT_VOLUME_DB : Setting default volume (volume range of -6~0)
    added the Touch sounds on Settings (Settings->Sound->Touch sounds)

* volume to adjust the key volume (Progress and List are two ways to adjust, but only to enable progress mode)
    added Firmware Version at About Device, By default is not displayed. Display when developer mode activated by quick click at About -> Android Version
    addition of external HFS+ format disk, support multi partition
    infrared emission head shielding box itself
    more stable for SD Card supply power
    * u
    pdate openmax multimedia library, Netflix cannot be used to repair
    * p
    rogrammer tools to add different user space partition table, according to the demand of the user writing different sizes of user space
    * r
    epair of partial AV receiver no sound
    weather information from Yahoo! With longitude and latitude, to solve the weather problem in the initial window of the launcher (below the clock)

Here is the link of new firmware:

Link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mg4yNX2
    Password:nzc8

Tina and Nagrace will appreciate if everybody interested could test and report any issues.

Thanks.

Great to see a change log.
    Been using this firmware for over 5 days.

Maybe you can also post the Lubuntu/Android Dual boot firmware(9-24, still in beta)
    It looks like 3D acceleration and video playback still need to be solved.
    Wifi working, video playback in chrome browser works, but slow in full screen.

Just want to find out from other users if they also have the same wifi issues.
    On my setup the wifi stops responding/freezes after 5-10 minutes and any internet app shows no connection or tries to load new content but get nothing.
    Sometimes after 5 minutes content automatically starts loading again or when I manually disconnect wifi and connect again, then content loads immediately.
    Wifi still shows connected and 5 bar signal, 150mbps.
    I use a b/g 150mbps single channel router and device is about 2 rooms away from the router.
    Strange thing is if I use my RK3188/RK3066 or phone from the same location I have no wifi issues.
    Is there a particular wifi channel on any router that is better to use(no other wifi in my area) or a certain way to point the Android box wifi antennae?

Comment

Is there a new XBMC version in this firmware ?
      If yes can someone post it so i can install it on my Ugoos UT3.
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
        Thank you.
        As I posted in the other threads, Rockchip is still working on the new RK3288 XBMC, only started 7/10/14 and they need to make changes to openmax and test it.
        It would probably require a new firmware update with updated libstagefright to work with their new XBMC as I understand. That should be included in their SDK and rolled out by the manufacturers.

Comment

Thank you.
          The kodi version that came on Tronsmart Orion work very good on my HPH. I just installed the new firmware and it's streaming now. If you want it , send me you e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
            The kodi version that came on Tronsmart Orion work very good on my HPH. I just installed the new firmware and it's streaming now. If you want it , send me you e-mail address and I will send it to you.
            PM sent thanks.
            I have a Ugoos UT3 and it came with a modded version of XBMC ... 13.0 ALPHA 4 not sure if its the version you have.

Comment

PM sent thanks.
              I have a Ugoos UT3 and it came with a modded version of XBMC ... 13.0 ALPHA 4 not sure if its the version you have.
              I's different version

Comment

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
                I's different version
                But not with H265 support, since Rockchip is still working on a Kodi version with H265.
                Everyone can just as well try this version, compiled by XBMC themselves - http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Comment

Ok thanks guys.
                  Will try both the above and also wait for the new 3288.

Comment

A new firmware is being developed by Nagrace and so if you have any requests please post them here so they can try to address them.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fmoreira66 View Post
                      A new firmware is being developed by Nagrace and so if you have any requests please post them here so they can try to address them.
                      Thanks.
                      Issue
                      AP6335 wifi freezing after 10 minutes, stability issue.
                      I already told Nagrace, so hopefully it's included, already fixed by Rockchip yesterday.

Suggestions
                      MXPlayer, ES File Manager included and other apps like Google apps already updated to the latest version on release.

CPU burstable to 1.8 Ghz when needed and slowing down again when there is low activity to help with heat generated.

New XBMC
                      Rockchip is still testing it, hopefully they can still improve it this week, otherwise it should be possible to install it separately if firmware changes aren't needed.

Only a dream for now
                      3D acceleration and VPU video playback on Lubuntu on HPH RK3288 with ARM Linux XBMC support.

Comment

Here are a few issues that I have had with this beta firmware.... so far.

1) Issues with Wifi dropping out after about 10min.

2) 5ghz wifi not recognized but 2.4 is strong. My 5ghz is not as strong as 2.4 but it is recognized by other devices.

3) In Playstore a number of my apps are noted to not be compatible with this device. The fix maybe as simple as changing the device name to a more popular device in the build.ini file. Sony's Crackle app is one of the programs.

4) I switch to ART from Dalvik . Every time I boot the device the "optimizing files" message appears and I have to wait for this to finish before I am able to see the desktop. This defeats the feature of quick booting.

5) Netflix is working.

I prefer not to have any preloaded software such as Skype, ES File Explorer or MxPlayer, etc. These can be added easily by the owner if they so choose or not.

Thanks,

D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                          Here are a few issues that I have had with this beta firmware.... so far.

1) Issues with Wifi dropping out after about 10min.

2) 5ghz wifi not recognized but 2.4 is strong. My 5ghz is not as strong as 2.4 but it is recognized by other devices.

3) In Playstore a number of my apps are noted to not be compatible with this device. The fix maybe as simple as changing the device name to a more popular device in the build.ini file. Sony's Crackle app is one of the programs.

4) I switch to ART from Dalvik . Every time I boot the device the "optimizing files" message appears and I have to wait for this to finish before I am able to see the desktop. This defeats the feature of quick booting.

5) Netflix is working.

I prefer not to have any preloaded software such as Skype, ES File Explorer or MxPlayer, etc. These can be added easily by the owner if they so choose or not.

Thanks,

D
                          Hi Dasher,
                          Many thanks for your feedback and suggestions
                          1) i have passed the question to our engineer based on MO's latest information
                          i need to confirm with you the second question:

2)5ghz wifi not recognized but 2.4 is strong. My 5ghz is not as strong as 2.4 but it is recognized by other devices.
                          Could you please kindly tell me how far the distance between device and the Router?is there any walls ?
                          as far as i know,The difference is that
                          the 2.4GHz band gives you longer range, whereas the 5GHz band offers more channels that are less likely to be polluted with interference.

Thanks for your response in advance!
                          Tina

Comment

I have some problems getting the box in flash mode. My computer doesn't recognize the box. Could somebody tell me how to get the box in flash mode.

Thanks,

Ben
                            HTC Wildfire, Samsung s3, Ulefone U7, Doogee DG550
                            HPH Nagrace 4GB, 32G ROM, CX W8 Wintel Intel Atom Z3735F
                            Chuwi V88 RK3188, FNF ifive x2, advent vega pov
                            Creative zen x-fi2

Comment

Originally posted by benniebob View Post
                              I have some problems getting the box in flash mode. My computer doesn't recognize the box. Could somebody tell me how to get the box in flash mode.

Thanks,

Ben
                              Connect the OTG cable to the OTG USB port and hold in the reset button while connecting it to the PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X