• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoodafukisalice View Post

+1
    Hi ,

looks like User cubelibre , does not answer the Question ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

hey is it true? there is an android box rk3368 with android 9.1. if it is true, mo123 pls make a new costum firmare for us(rk3368 family)

Comment

Originally posted by dinorfin View Post
        hey is it true? there is an android box rk3368 with android 9.1. if it is true, mo123 pls make a new costum firmare for us(rk3368 family)
        https://www.chinaecarts.com/z4-andro...di-p-8834.html
        Hi ,

dont trust this , maybe 5.1 or 7.1 , but really 9.1 , this would be a wonder ???!!! ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

dont trust this , maybe 5.1 or 7.1 , but really 9.1 , this would be a wonder ???!!! ,

greetings / gefattern
          It is definitely fake.
          The same device a few months ago showed Lollipop then Nougat now Pie.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Thanks for explaining.
            Because filename had name of V99 device dump, I also understood it to be firmware dump of such device because no manufacturer released firmware link for RK3368 Nougat yet and it would be impossible for someone to make RK3368 Nougat on their own.

I really want to fix the bugs, but there are so many and it's almost impossible to fix some things, then the firmware is also based on 2 year old code(very first RK3368 Nougat beta v1.0 SDK released in beginning of 2017) with old drivers, bugs. Even Rockchip is a bit shocked some company like Scishion use such old code to make firmware in June 2018 I think.

But for RK3368, Geekbox(that released LP, Marshmallow SDK) or other companies, they only released Marshmallow and also told me they have no interest to support RK3368 anymore.
            So without support of different companies to release RK3368 Nougat code, some bugs can't be fixed.

I hope to test some more and try to fix a few bugs then release a new ROM, but time is very limited.

I use RK3328 as main device now since it's so much better than RK3368, RK3229, RK3288 now and also supports LibreELEC for 4K video with 23.976fps support, RK3328 will also get Android Pie 9.0 AndroidTV firmware around January 2019 with Amazon Prime Video HD, so it stays updated.
            I don't have Android development experience, but have experience in C and firmware programming. Do let me know if you need help in porting Nougat (given that cubelibre posted a video of a personal build).

We could at least prolong 3368 boxes like the Zidoo X6 Pro for some more time. Also, calling for more developers with Android experience; if anyone is out there in this thread, please holler, so we can get this ball rolling.

Comment

I don't have Android development experience, but have experience in C and firmware programming. Do let me know if you need help in porting Nougat (given that cubelibre posted a video of a personal build).

We could at least prolong 3368 boxes like the Zidoo X6 Pro for some more time. Also, calling for more developers with Android experience; if anyone is out there in this thread, please holler, so we can get this ball rolling.
              4PDA community would be very grateful to you and Mo123 for Nougat RK3368

Comment

It is definitely fake.
                The same device a few months ago showed Lollipop then Nougat now Pie.
                Hi Mo 123 has any news updates RK3368/

Comment

Originally posted by BEN001 View Post

Hi Mo 123 has any news updates RK3368/
                  If you can make a list of fixes needed, I can look again, not sure what to fix.

I tried bottom navigation bar, change from box to tablet but then get a bootloop, don't think it works. It will cause lots of other problems if you change it to tablet.
                  Youtube only showed a black screen.
                  Firmware doesn't use mpp codecs so video playback is bad.
                  Can't fix Kodi playback or HD Audio support

Comment

If you can make a list of fixes needed, I can look again, not sure what to fix.

I tried bottom navigation bar, change from box to tablet but then get a bootloop, don't think it works. It will cause lots of other problems if you change it to tablet.
                    Youtube only showed a black screen.
                    Firmware doesn't use mpp codecs so video playback is bad.
                    Can't fix Kodi playback or HD Audio support
                    These are at least three issues on the Zidoo X6 Pro (RK3368):
                    1. Powering off the box doesn't actually power off, but reboots.
                    2. A couple of sub-menu items in Settings crash
                    3. The IR remote control working on stock, doesn't work with this ROM. I'm using a Mele F1 2.4GHz Wi-Fi based remote, but it intereferes with the router.

Comment

These are at least three issues on the Zidoo X6 Pro (RK3368):
                      1. Powering off the box doesn't actually power off, but reboots.
                      2. A couple of sub-menu items in Settings crash
                      3. The IR remote control working on stock, doesn't work with this ROM. I'm using a Mele F1 2.4GHz Wi-Fi based remote, but it intereferes with the router.
                      Can't fix any of those as there is no Nougat stock firmware for the Zidoo X6 to compare with.

Comment

Hi ,

i flashed the 7.1 dump of V99 to my UT4 , it booted & worked , but i had no Wifi

and the Rom was for sure full of Bugs , but not really tested ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                          Hi ,

i flashed the 7.1 dump of V99 to my UT4 , it booted & worked , but i had no Wifi

and the Rom was for sure full of Bugs , but not really tested ,

greetings / gefattern
                          There were too many bugs for me like apps running upside down, bad Kodi playback, Youtube showing a black screen etc.
                          If the firmware was in a better shape I might have been able to improve it a bit, but most of the fixes need to be done in the source code which I don't have.
                          Maybe if I have time, I can test it again a bit.

I'm now experimenting with Oreo on RK3328 that already boots.

Comment

Can't fix any of those as there is no Nougat stock firmware for the Zidoo X6 to compare with.
                            I had reported those for Marshmallow. Would it at least be possible to fix them on MM?

Comment

I had reported those for Marshmallow. Would it at least be possible to fix them on MM?
                              Unless Zidoo can provide me with their ir remote source code or a Marshmallow kernel source code with how they added the ir remote and power drivers, I can't do anything.
                              I'm only aware of Zidoo X6 Lollipop firmware which won't help me at all.
                              Best would be to just use an airmouse.

Comment

Unless Zidoo can provide me with their ir remote source code or a Marshmallow kernel source code with how they added the ir remote and power drivers, I can't do anything.
                                I'm only aware of Zidoo X6 Lollipop firmware which won't help me at all.
                                Best would be to just use an airmouse.
                                hello!

I hope this would be helpfully for you ... zidoo x6 MM
                                MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X