Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I'll try to find out.
    But I think only new RK3328, RK3399(both already run Nougat) &, RK3229, RK3288 will get Nougat.
    Hi mo123
    Did you ever get to see if we can get nougat for this box?

kind regards
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post

Hi mo123

kind regards
      Android 8.1 for RK3368 will be released around end of Jan 2018 if RK keep to their schedule.
      Then I will have to make lots of changes to try to get it to boot on this specific device, every RK3368 box uses different internal components and drivers.
      Every OS update also brings new problems that didn't exist before.
      I will only know when RK finishes Oreo and I start to build new ROM's for RK3368, RK3328 if it can work.

Comment

Android 8.1 for RK3368 will be released around end of Jan 2018 if RK keep to their schedule.
        Then I will have to make lots of changes to try to get it to boot on this specific device, every RK3368 box uses different internal components and drivers.
        I will only know when RK finishes Oreo and I start to build new ROM's for RK3368, RK3328 if it can work.
        WOW mo123
        You and your ROMs are very special! I hope nothing happens to you and you are prosperous for many years to come!
        kind regards

Comment

HI ,

WoW if this really will happen and not ends like the promised A7 for RK3288 from Ugoos ,

like Ugoos says RK did not finished the SDK for them , or similar . This would be great for

our RK3368 Boxes .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Would love to see Oreo on my Alfawise. But won't cry if I won't.

Still this statement by Ugoos is only to distract attention from them. RK3288 started with 4.4, so 6.0 was goo accomplishment for nonQualcomm or Exynos chip.
            And it was probably coz of Google's choice to not allow update to 7.0+ for devices with GPU without support for Vulkan API (they broke that rule with update for first gen Android One). So it would make RK3288 on the same level as Qualcomm 800/801.
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
              Would love to see Oreo on my Alfawise. But won't cry if I won't.

Still this statement by Ugoos is only to distract attention from them. RK3288 started with 4.4, so 6.0 was goo accomplishment for nonQualcomm or Exynos chip.
              And it was probably coz of Google's choice to not allow update to 7.0+ for devices with GPU without support for Vulkan API (they broke that rule with update for first gen Android One). So it would make RK3288 on the same level as Qualcomm 800/801.
              Hi ,

i did not even know about these things , Vulkan API ..... , thought Android is open source ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i did not even know about these things , Vulkan API ..... , thought Android is open source ???

greetings / gefattern
                It is. But Google still controls their apps (Play Store etc) and they are important for the end user, so Google may (may and does) control manufacturers that way. I know that there are a lot manufacturers who don't add GApps to their devices (mostly meant for market in China), but market is more global now and global users needs GApps. So manufacturers need permission from Google to include them.
                And as global manufacturers (global meaning more important) of the devices won't update them (coz of no possibility to include GApps), than there is no need for components' (mostly SoC) manufacturers to support newer Android versions, as they won't be sure if it make any profit (they won't get paid for unofficial Roms).

That way, of course indirectly, Google can control Android, even as it's "open source". However being open source, it's possible for devs to create unofficial updates. However if You look into most know Roms (Resurrection Remix, Carbon, LineageOS) You will se that they don't include GApps (they have to be flashed separately). That way there is no problem with missing Vulkan API and need for permission from Google.
                ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post

Hi mo123

kind regards
                  Teclast P10 Android 7.1.2 Nougat RK3368, PowerVR G6110- already exists.

firmware here:
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqI...ew?usp=sharing
                  file system firmware tablet P10 here- lib GPU support Vulkan API
                  https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ce?usp=sharing
                  Last edited by BEN001; 01-10-2018, 17:46.

Comment

What will happen if I try to install this teclast p10 firmware on my TV box? Are there chances that it will just die forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Andro_James View Post
                      What will happen if I try to install this teclast p10 firmware on my TV box? Are there chances that it will just die forever?
                      firmware only the tablet P10 and this information for developers ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEN001 View Post

firmware only the tablet P10 and this information for developers ROM.
                        Yes, I understand this. I thought that just because this fw is for rk3368 device, it could still be installed on TV box just for testing

Comment

Originally posted by Andro_James View Post

Yes, I understand this. I thought that just because this fw is for rk3368 device, it could still be installed on TV box just for testing
                          The firmware is install and flashed without problems, but there is no output image HDMI, no possibility to change ROM due to the bootloader.

Comment

I see. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Hi Mo123 ,

the Problems i had with my UT4 where made by RKMC , after uninstalling it the Box worked much better .

You know i always change the System Launcher to Apex Launcher , but if i boot up the System Launcher

always first must start , can this be changed ??? , and i found two more spelling Errors , report later what

i mean , first have to look once more .

What about the RK News about Oreo for RK3368H , will this be possible for our Boxes too ???

Have a nice Day / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Good morning mo123 - Any news on this yet?

kind regards
                                Aubrey
                                kind regards

Comment

Working...
                                X