Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1 - 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the version of this new firmware? I bought the box at Dresslily and it arrived with build "rk322x_box-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM5.171019.019 eng.qiahoy.20181105.194655 release--keys".

Does HDMI-CEC work for you? It seems that it doesn't work with my Samsung TV

Comment

How to flash firmware to a rockchip TV box Alfawise A8 using the FactoryTool
      (to fix the problem with the loss of wifi when we press the power button on the remote)

Download Firmware link from Gearbest: https://www.gearbest.com/blog/downlo...ware-pack-2965

1.Unzip 2713799 Alfawise A8 TV box upgrade firmware ROM pack.rar

2.Unzip them all their folders and files

3.Move the original folder and subfolders under C: \ or D:\

4.Rename folders and files that have Chinese characters in English characters (with a name you like)

5.Install "DriverAssitant_v4.5" driver on windows 10-8-7. Wait until the install says "install ok"

6.Open "Factory Tool" software
      click the Firmware button find and upload the image file
      click the Restore button and after the Run button (the button image on the right turns green)

7.Disconnect everything from the TV box (even the power transformer electric current)

8.Behind the TV box is one reset button, this is inside the AV jack, You need to take a toothpick or any non metalic will to press and at the same time conect the usb 4 (near the AV jack) with usb to your pc (A USB male-male cable is needed for this)
      then left the reset button free.

The Factory Tool recognizes the TV box downloads the firmware and then checks it (if the drivers are installed correctly)

If everything goes well the Factory Tool writes to us right (under word "success") the result and the time it passed with green letters.

(Τhank you friends from the forum that helped me solve my problem)

Comment

Hey Dimkonst, thanks for the instructions.

However, I am having the following issue...

When loading the firmeware into the factory tool v1.52, The program crashes and closes. I used another version 1.39 and i was able to load the firmware onto the TVbox... However, When I power on the box, I am stuck on the boot up screen that says "Android"

Can anyone help?

Comment

Hey daniels21, I have no idea to help you because I followed the friends' guides of the forum and described the instructions exactly what I did.

Comment

Hey dimkonst, I used another laptop with win 10 to do this and the factory tool v1.52 worked. The firmware loaded with no problems. Thank you!

now if only there was a way to power off the box... the power button on the remote only puts it to sleep. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by daniels21 View Post
              Hey dimkonst, I used another laptop with win 10 to do this and the factory tool v1.52 worked. The firmware loaded with no problems. Thank you!

now if only there was a way to power off the box... the power button on the remote only puts it to sleep. any ideas?
              I have been searching for it too long, there are apps in the store but I need root and I have not done it, I also expect ideas from the forum

Comment

Originally posted by daniels21 View Post

I have been searching for it too long, there are apps in the store but I need root and I have not done it, I also expect ideas from the forum

Comment

Originally posted by mrlaugh01 View Post
                  Root access could be achieved by: [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 500"]

Done! You'll only need to disable-verity once.
                  Could you write to us in more detail how to make the root?
                  Thanks

Comment

Are you having an issue with the instructions I posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you having an issue with the instructions I posted?

I do not know how to run a shell in android.

Comment

You adb those commands from a computer.

Comment

You adb those commands from a computer.
                          Thakns !!!

Comment

No problem... even though this box is almost unbrickable, use caution after rooting!

Comment

What is the version of the latest firmware? I bought the box at Dresslily and it arrived with build "rk322x_box-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM5.171019.019 eng.qiahoy.20181105.194655 release--keys".

Does HDMI-CEC work for you? It seems that it doesn't work with my Samsung TV..

Comment

Originally posted by Lapis View Post
                                What is the version of the latest firmware? I bought the box at Dresslily and it arrived with build "rk322x_box-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM5.171019.019 eng.qiahoy.20181105.194655 release--keys".

Does HDMI-CEC work for you? It seems that it doesn't work with my Samsung TV..
                                last week I put it on "rk322x_box-userdebug 8.1.0 OPM5.171019.019eng.qiahoy.20181013.120005 release--keys"

with this firmware the problem with the wifi was solved but I have other problems like losing the wifi keyboard when it's closed the TV box for a few hours,
                                HDMI-CEC does not work on my Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
                                X