Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1 - 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JG420 View Post
    tried updating using firmware tool while shorting the pins, it still fails on Download Boot Fail. I give up. the box is going to the bin lol

That happen exatly to my first one! I think that i am going to open this second one and take photos to show were did they put the glue in the soldering points(2 or 3 points), that proves this android box was with some kind of hardware problem. I think it is anti-static eletrical conductive glue. Try contact alfawise, ask for warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by Bnt007 View Post

That happen exatly to my first one! I think that i am going to open this second one and take photos to show were did they put the glue in the soldering points(2 or 3 points), that proves this android box was with some kind of hardware problem. I think it is anti-static eletrical conductive glue. Try contact alfawise, ask for warranty!
      Would contacting Alfawise be worth the hassle when I bought the box for $39 on ****?
      I ordered a different box (Amlogic) hopefully it produces better results. I do appreciate your help though Bnt007!
      ill hold onto the box and see what Alfawise says about a warranty

Comment

Originally posted by JG420 View Post
        I ordered a different box (Amlogic) hopefully it produces better results... ll hold onto the box and see what Alfawise says about a warranty
        Don't expect too much from the Alfawise-support. In my case it was just wasted time, but I guess I was lucky because I got at least two (useless) answers to my emails from them before they ignored me ;-) If possible I'd say contact the seller and hopefully he is more interested than Alfawise to keep his customers happy...

I did the same, gave up on the Alfawise A8 TV Box, too much hassle and ordered a box with an Amlogic 905W. It is indeed a much better choice imho and now I'm fully aware of how "underpowered" RK3229 devices are. Everything feels snappier, apps like youtube start a lot faster and the soc produces less heat. No compatibility issues so far as with the RK3229. Amlogic powered devices run a lot cooler - in every sense ;-)

Hope you are happy with your new box, although it seems to me every box has issues, especially in this price range...
        Last edited by Vienna; 10-30-2018, 11:32. Reason: correction

Comment

Yes , I orders 3 Alfawise A8 (RK3229) and 3 Mecool (S905W) , 2/16GB both.
          Mecool working fine
          Alfawise really s**k )(&(*&%$&^%$%^&^

Comment

Hello everybody,

new firmware with hopefully some bugfixes for the Alfawise A8 from the Gearbest-support:

Comment

Used this ROM to flash Scishion Model S. No problem here. Shame that this firmware is without traditional Android settings and navigation bar (got this one via play store app).

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                Hello everybody,

new firmware with hopefully some bugfixes for the Alfawise A8 from the Gearbest-support:
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ZxNYsqvjdiZR7-
                thanks for this!

If anyone finds a ROM or a way to install the 'TVStock' flavor of OpenGapps, please , please post here!! Thank you

Comment

Hello everybody,

Nice to see people trying to get this box to work. Thanks Vienna. Do you know if this firmware fixes the WiFi disabling every time the box sleeps with the power button?

Comment

Yes, the annoying wifi-issue should be fixed with this firmware. Nonetheless if you have the possibility to connect the box via LAN, it is the much better option. The wifi-performance of the A8 is pretty poor and somehow slows down the box. Meanwhile there's also a new A8 Pro 5G available. It offers additional 5Ghz-wlan but otherwise it seems to be pretty much the same box with mostly the same hardware.

PS: One more difference: The A8 Pro 5G comes with 2 USB-ports and not with 4 as the A8

Comment

I?ve tried many times to side load all Android TVStock apps, libs, and permissions and have got very close. Google Play Store leanback I?ve got working, it?s just the TV Launcher and/or Leanback launcher I can?t get to load. When opening, It crashes or display black screen. Anyone know any tricks to manually install the Leanback launcher?... Or have an updated FW Modding tool for Oreo roms? I can?t seem to locate the file_context to rebuild image.

Comment

Yes, the annoying wifi-issue should be fixed with this firmware. Nonetheless if you have the possibility to connect the box via LAN, it is the much better option. The wifi-performance of the A8 is pretty poor and somehow slows down the box. Meanwhile there's also a new A8 Pro 5G available. It offers additional 5Ghz-wlan but otherwise it seems to be pretty much the same box with mostly the same hardware.

PS: One more difference: The A8 Pro 5G comes with 2 USB-ports and not with 4 as the A8
                        Wow Thanks Vienna! now all thats left to figure out is how to shut down this box... because when i hit the red power button on the remote, it goes to sleep instead. does the new firmware fix that as well?

Comment

No changes there, as before the box only goes in sleep-mode when you press the power-button on the remote. There are still no options (as with lots of other boxes) in the menu to configure a real shutdown via power-button.

Comment

No changes there, as before the box only goes in sleep-mode when you press the power-button on the remote. There are still no options (as with lots of other boxes) in the menu to configure a real shutdown via power-button.
                            What do you think about downloading a sort of power button app? would that do the trick?

Comment

I don't know, but I guess probably not. All the powerbutton-apps I have seen so far require root access (which we don't have on the Alfawise A8).

Comment

Root access could be achieved by:
                                shell commands
                                adb connect IP
                                adb root
                                adb connect IP
                                adb disable-verity
                                adb reboot
                                then reconnect once booted:
                                shell commands
                                adb connect IP
                                adb root
                                adb connect IP
                                adb remount
                                # same as mount -o remount,rw /system

Done! You'll only need to disable-verity once.
                                Last edited by mrlaugh01; 01-07-2019, 18:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X