Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1 - 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruslan Thanks for the info. Its very strange place to keep the reset button. Yeah nothing working for me too. Hope GearBest will solve my issue too.

Comment

If they share the full firmware with anyone for resolving bootloop issue, do share it here.

Comment

I got a good response from GearBest support team and they provided the necessary firmware and the flash tools. I was tricky but I managed to flash the firmware (updated version) and my Alfaswise A8 TVBox back to working condition now. I will write the steps on how to flash the firmware on to tvbox and also I will share the firmware link in my next message.

Comment

Here is the new firmware link for Alfaswise A8 (8.1 Android)

Comment

Flash Tool : http://support.appinthestore.com/upl...596f7f5b6e.zip

Document : http://support.appinthestore.com/upl...23049ee204.xls

Comment

Alfawise A8 TVBox (flash firmware to recover from bad OTA update).
              --------------------------
              Part-1 : Putting tvbox into flash mode
              1) There is reset button behind the AV jack.So we need to take a toothpick or any non metalic will do
              2) A USB male-male cable is needed for flashing
              3) Disconnected everything from tvbox and using toothpick press on hold reset button which is behind the AV jack.
              4) Without leaving reset button, connect the one end of the usb cable to PC usb port and another end to USB-4 port
              5) Now leave the reset pin, and you see "red" light infront of tvbox (it stays constants means its in flash mode)
              6) Connect the power adapter to tvbox

Part-2 : Flash the firmware
              a) Download the firmware here : http://chiptrip.webok.net:5050/fbsharing/7LYVQffY
              b) Flash tool (attached to this message)
              3) USB driver

Note : Don't connect TVBox to PC yet.

1) Install "DriverAssitant_v4.5" driver on windows 10/7. Wait until the install says "install ok"
              2) Open "Factory Tool" software. Copy the content of this folder into some other folder name like "flashtool", else the tool won't work (chinese character issue)
              3) Note down the USBhub already listed in the "Factory tool" software".
              4) Now connect the TV Box (follow part-1 steps)
              5) Once the tvbox is connected, we can see a new usbhub, select that one and click "Firmware" button of top-left corner.
              6) Select the firmware (img filetype). keep the radio button on "Upgrade" itself and click "run" button.
              7) Wait for tool to flash the firmware to tvbox. It will take upto 6 to 8 min (including verification)
              8) Once the new firmware is flashed successfully, you will green color on button (top-right). If it red, then something went wrong
              9) Now click "stop" button disconnect the tvbox from usb and power.

Part-3 : Connect to tv
              1) Connect TVBox to tv's hdmi and power-on
              2) Initially there will be a new android logo for minute or so and tvbox reboots itself
              3) Now again you will see android logo and it takes while to start. wait for 10minutes of so, don't restart/reboot tvbox.
              4) Now you will see the tvbox with newly updated fimrware.

Phew... TVBox back to life.

Comment

itsjustvenky Thanks for sharing the files and steps on how to do it. I'll have to find a usb male to usb male cable. Will give it a shot once I get this and post the results.

Comment

itsjustvenky Thank you! I acted according to your instructions and everything turned out.

Comment

The firmware worked

Comment

My device has been left half in the update and now does not enter flash mode.
                      the pc does not recognize it

Comment

itsjustvenky Thanks a lot for your detailed Guide. I successfully installed the new firmware.

Anybody has any idea how to root this device?

Comment

Hello,

there is a method for normally shutdown this device?

I had a strange problem with WiFi.
                          The box did not see my WiFi network while he found other WiFi networks even though it was near my router.
                          I made the connection via the wps and it worked, but in the list of networks it kept saying "out of range", but when I selected it, it connected (lol?)

I used macrodroid to make the connection automatic when i turn on the box and now in the list of wifi networks there is my network with 100% of the signal.

Comment

Hello people!!

I am new here and i need help!!
                            Folowing this thread i´ve been doing all you guys said to resolve my alfawise a8 problem(forcing kodi instalion and it crashed right away, tried firmware update and now only shows red light).
                            Because i am a chinese xit lover assole i have been trying everything to resolve and here is what i have done:

1. tried with diferent two lap tops(one with xp and other with windows 10).
                            2. the firmware restore always stoped in download idl failed, so i had to do the 5 and 6 pin contact.
                            3. doing the pin contact the firmware go´s further and it finaly stoped giving error saying loader failed
                            4. i am using this mxq img that you have been put in this thread.

Could the problem be from this img, since there are diferent versions of alfawise a8, with diferente cod numbers in the box. Gearbest didn´t provide any firmware to mine, just sent me another one! I have been using android boxes for many years and this box is from far, the worst i ever tried, since it gived problems right away!
                            Can i recover this garbage any way?

thank you
                            Last edited by Bnt007; 09-16-2018, 17:10.

Comment

I bought the "Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1" and I have a problem:
                              Ι press the red button to shut it down the TVbox goes into standby, when I reopen it after some time does not have a wifi connection or does the on-off wifi button work in the settings so I'm forced I reboot to get back into the internet connection. I tried connecting it to a different modem with wifi or I turned it back to factory settings but the problem remains, i'm waiting for your help.
                              Thanks.

Comment

dimkonst,

We really dont know what to do, we did send a lot of emails to alfawise and they do not answer to our questions or provide any kind of help! Just go for the warranty!!! Ask for help!! That may be a hardware problem!!!

thank you,

Comment

Working...
                                X