No announcement yet.

MK918 2G/8G TVBOX RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look in my signature (mk918 Rom collection) - there are all available Roms enlisted.
    AS i know there are Wright now just 2 kitkat Roms - nepumuks and the one by geekbuying. Nepumuks comes with OC and 1080p.

This post was created with Tapatalk. Plesse excuse any spelling errors. I'll do my very best.
    Kind regards Snuffy

Comment

Doesn't work !

Originally posted by eve_Snuffy View Post
      NEW VERSION 207j

http://ul.to/2argroan
      Hi !
      The precedent rom (version 206j) works very fine on my CS918 tv box but this one (207j) no, the wifi and the bluetooth don't work, need help ?

There is another link faster for this rom http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=125...745679&third=0 but this rom don't work on my tv box and i don't understand why ?
      Last edited by MOMOWEB; 07-28-2014, 23:59.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMOWEB View Post
        Hi !
        The precedent rom (version 206j) works very fine on my CS918 tv box but this one (207j) no, the wifi and the bluetooth don't work, need help ?

There is another link faster for this rom http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=125...745679&third=0 but this rom don't work on my tv box and i don't understand why ?

I think i've find, because this rom is for 8723bs and not for mk918 cs918 my box is this one (http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/androi...ndroid-42.html) and i'm always looking for a kitkat rom (with wifi and bluetooth in order...). Thanks..

Comment

... i'm always looking for a kitkat rom (with wifi and bluetooth in order...). Thanks..
          You want this, works very very well.

Comment

Merci !

Originally posted by philerup View Post
            You want this, works very very well.
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tKat-Customrom
            Thank you !☺

Comment

wifi

Thank you !☺
              But the wifi is instable...:-(

Comment

How so?
                My wifi is rock solid. I did have the box once boot without wifi, and I had to reboot, and it worked.
                The box is on most days and the kids stream videos over wifi and youtube all the time, they never complain.
                Did you flash the overclock version? Can you try the normal version?

Comment

How so?My wifi is rock solid. I did have the box once boot without wifi, and I had to reboot, and it worked.The box is on most days and the kids stream videos over wifi and youtube all the time, they never complain.Did you flash the overclock version? Can you try the normal version?
                  Hi ! I notice that the wifi disconnect often but i configured it correctly, i've installed the kitkat version above..

Comment

How to Downgrade BL?

Hi!

I use nepumuk v0.2 KitKat Custom ROM, but the IR remote control still not working.
                    How can I downgrade the KitKat bootloader to Jelly Bean's one? The 4.2 ROM's are not included the BL...
                    OR anybody knows which 4.4 ROM handle the compact/standard (not the 31 keys!) IR remote control?
                    No IR - no Harmony...

THX!

Comment

Originally posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
                      Hi!

I use nepumuk v0.2 KitKat Custom ROM, but the IR remote control still not working.
                      How can I downgrade the KitKat bootloader to Jelly Bean's one? The 4.2 ROM's are not included the BL...
                      OR anybody knows which 4.4 ROM handle the compact/standard (not the 31 keys!) IR remote control?
                      No IR - no Harmony...

THX!
                      The harmony remote should be able to work, you just need to substitute the device for something else with the 31 key remote.

I've got one, I might try it out.

Edit... I added a Tronsmart s89 as a device on my harmony 300 and it works with my mk918 with nepumuk v0.2 kitkat rom.
                      Last edited by philerup; 08-21-2014, 10:19.

Comment

Thanks for your idea, I'll try it! I hope, the Nepumuk v0.2 can handle other remote control than standard with 10 buttons.

The harmony remote should be able to work, you just need to substitute the device for something else with the 31 key remote.

I've got one, I might try it out.

Edit... I added a Tronsmart s89 as a device on my harmony 300 and it works with my mk918 with nepumuk v0.2 kitkat rom.

Comment

Noob can't flash mk918

HI

Hope I'm in the right place.

Managed to root my mk918 but no matter what rom I download, the flash tool doesn't see the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using windows 8.1 but I tried another pc with windows 7 and same problems.

The device and board are identical to the one in the first post.

Thanks

P.

Comment

I had the same problem, windows 8.1 would not see my mk918 no matter what I did.

Apparently the device does not report itself correctly and Windows 8.1 is stricter than anything else.

People have said the problem no longer exists, but it still does for me.

Have you installed the rockchip USB driver?

You may need to disable the driver signature enforcement, and install the driver and then connect the device.

There is a fix that makes it work, but I'd try this last as it requires replacing windows system files. I had to do this the first time, nothing else worked.
                            As you all may now, Microsoft pushed the new driver stack in Windows 8.1 so ALL (not only USB 3.0) devices must provide a BOS descriptor. Sony ADB and Fastboot doesn't, so Windows fails to enumerate the device which is reported in Device Manager...

Comment

Thanks for help

I had the same problem, windows 8.1 would not see my mk918 no matter what I did.

Apparently the device does not report itself correctly and Windows 8.1 is stricter than anything else.

People have said the problem no longer exists, but it still does for me.

Have you installed the rockchip USB driver?

You may need to disable the driver signature enforcement, and install the driver and then connect the device.

There is a fix that makes it work, but I'd try this last as it requires replacing windows system files. I had to do this the first time, nothing else worked.
                              http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598155
                              Thanks for the reply.

I also tried using a windows 7 home premium laptop and had identical problems...

I used motorobo to get a driver and tpsparky to root without any problems.

I tried on windows 8.1 rkbatchtool, and the flash tool in nepumuk's zip both neither could see the device or else reported a device mismatch.

I tried the same on windows 7 with identical results.

Am I doomed to 720p, all I want is xbmc with 1080p boo hoo.

Paul.

Comment

Did you install the driver in nepumuk_mk918_kitkat_4_4_2-v0_2\drivers\x64\win8 ? Right-clink on .inf file and install.

Do you get an errors in device manager in windows 8.1?
                                Does it show up?
                                Do you get the 'device descriptor request failed' error?

It would be worth trying that USB.zip method from xda forums. It does work. It replaces the Windows 8.1 versions with the fully functional Windows 8 version of the USB system files. Everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X