MK918 2G/8G TVBOX RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MK918 is dead !

After a month (and a few days) my box is dead ! . I don't know what happened. I've stop using it for a week and when I tried to turn it on, nothing happens. The led on the power button was not flashing anymore. I tried every tv and power outlet in my condo, same result. Unfortunately, my 30 day warranty ended last week which sucks. Well, it was a fun month. I've grown to love the box. I don't know if I'm going to buy one again. But I have found a seller who sells the CS918 with a 1 yr. warranty on the devices he sells. He also sells the S802 Quadcore 2ghz Amlogic Android 4.4 Kitkat which I'm eyeing too.

Which one should I get ?

Comment

Originally posted by chaozmatic View Post
      After a month (and a few days) my box is dead ! .
      sorry to hear about that. no heatsink, maybe it got fried?? mk918 is running well for me, but i am not sure i would buy another. maybe its better to pay more money and get something like a Minix X7?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisontab View Post
        sorry to hear about that. no heatsink, maybe it got fried?? mk918 is running well for me, but i am not sure i would buy another. maybe its better to pay more money and get something like a Minix X7?

I checked MINIX X7 out but it's way too expensive for me. I guess I'll wait for quadcore boxes that are stable, rockchip or amlogic. I have the mygica atv520e in our bedroom and took it to the living room. It's not like the MK918 which is faster but my mygica is stable and almost plays everything, even youtube videos are without issues. I'm using the Gotham beta xbmc.

I have no idea if it was an overheating issue. Because I laid off for a week not using it. It's on sleep mode the whole week not really powered off. But I usually touch the case once in awhile and it's not producing heat. It only heats up when it's used but I noticed when I changed my wallpaper into a live one, it heats up even when it is in sleep mode, so I changed the wallpaper into a normal one and it stopped. I guess I made a mistake of not totally turning it off.

And I don't know if there is no heatsink on the chip. I guess I'm going to try to open the box. And why would they not install a heatsink on the chip ?! Do they make these boxes without heatsinks ?!?!

I will let you know if the chip on the box got fried when I open it this week....

Comment

Originally posted by gor View Post
          Another link ...
          FW update dated 03/17/2014...
          terrible speed...

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=125...664654&third=0

i flash this update but "download firmware fail" at the 92% to complete
          why? is my first flash

Comment

Originally posted by chaozmatic View Post
            why would they not install a heatsink on the chip ?! Do they make these boxes without heatsinks ?!?!

I will let you know if the chip on the box got fried when I open it this week....
            my bad, i think its the cs918 which doesnt come with one (although it might vary with them all). here is a comparison between the three models which have the same case (out MK918, CS918 and the T-R42)
            Hi Guys: The reason i write this post is we are seeing so much questions, and problems which customer are faced for the following device: Well, this photo is coming from T-R42 model, but now, you can see in market a lot of other model use the same casing. you can’t tell the difference just […]

Comment

Originally posted by slash46 View Post
              i flash this update but "download firmware fail" at the 92% to complete
              why? is my first flash
              What is your device, with mk918 you should not have eny problem...I flash it myself...and works...

Comment

What is your device, with mk918 you should not have eny problem...I flash it myself...and works...

i install this update: new version
                http://www.bee-link.com/en/data/article/1388485395640616952.0%20中文.pdf

更新日期:2014.02.12
                update_mk918_204j2104_overseas
                客户:中性海外版
                base:update_cs918_203j2104_overseas
                链接:pan.baidu.com/s/1mg3CaCw
                修改:
                1. 支持新BL-S4

and works

Comment

i install this update: new version
                  http://www.bee-link.com/en/data/article/1388485395640616952.0%20中文.pdf

更新日期:2014.02.12
                  update_mk918_204j2104_overseas
                  客户:中性海外版
                  base:update_cs918_203j2104_overseas
                  链接:pan.baidu.com/s/1mg3CaCw
                  修改:
                  1. 支持新BL-S4

and works

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

it is update_mk918_205j2104_overseas.img fom 11.03.2014 and works good too...

Comment

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=125...210087&third=0

it is update_mk918_205j2104_overseas.img fom 11.03.2014 and works good too...

ok thanks.
                    but i have another problem with the measy rc 12, the mouse pointer stutters and it does not respond well to commands, why?
                    sorry for my bad english

Comment

ok thanks.
                      but i have another problem with the measy rc 12, the mouse pointer stutters and it does not respond well to commands, why?
                      sorry for my bad english
                      dont use usb port on side of the device...use port on the back...second that airmouse is very buggy, pull out the battery and try again ...third...Google Translate whenever you can ...is easier...

Comment

dont use usb port on side of the device...use port on the back...second that airmouse is very buggy, pull out the battery and try again ...third...Google Translate whenever you can ...is easier...
                        ok, thanks

Comment

just curious,

what is the point of flashing the Finless rom for these boxes? Do we get better playback? Faster speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by lock1nout View Post
                            just curious,

what is the point of flashing the Finless rom for these boxes? Do we get better playback? Faster speeds?
                            good question .... usually custom rom brings speed ... better coverage drivers, smaller size and more space apk, visually more beautiful appearance ... accelerate SOC, memory ... different boot ... better performance of CWM ricovery...
                            Custom roms usually improve the stock rom, that is my experience with other devices that are custom ROMs ...

Comment

good question .... usually custom rom brings speed ... better coverage drivers, smaller size and more space apk, visually more beautiful appearance ... accelerate SOC, memory ... different boot ... better performance of CWM ricovery...
                              Custom roms usually improve the stock rom, that is my experience with other devices that are custom ROMs ...
                              thanks gor,

is there some sort of step by step guide available to install this rom and kernal on our box?

Comment

Originally posted by lock1nout View Post
                                thanks gor,

is there some sort of step by step guide available to install this rom and kernal on our box?
                                gonna have a little dig at the forum ... everything is explained ... but you have to look more posts ... almost all the devices work the same way ...

Comment

Working...
                                X