MK918 2G/8G TVBOX RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK918 - Wifi Strength is unbelievable

I tried streaming a 1080p video, American Hustle from Mashup. And I couldn't believe that there is no slowdown, stuttering or lag. Finished the whole movie without any incident. I was really surprised that this box can stream 1080p videos with wifi connection. Most boxes can't do this.

Comment

New stock rom...

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

for download use Google Crome...

Comment

Another FW Update

Originally posted by gor View Post
        New update already ?! I haven't tried this update yet
        update_mk918_204j2104_overseas.rar released 2014-2-26.
        Anybody tried this one yet ?!

Comment

Upgrate help

Hello!Can anybody please help how can i upgrate firmware and what programs to use?for the moment i have android 4.2.2 kelner version 3.0.36+zgq_V104j2#36 .Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by arjani10 View Post
            Hello!Can anybody please help how can i upgrate firmware and what programs to use?for the moment i have android 4.2.2 kelner version 3.0.36+zgq_V104j2#36 .Thank you in advance.
            Use google ...how to update k-r42, t-r42, cs918...

Comment

Originally posted by chaozmatic View Post

If you're not good ...'ll dump another link ...

Bad joke ..
              Last edited by gor; 03-11-2014, 18:53.

Comment

Nope, i am still on 203j version! It seems to be working ok with "beyond xbmc" so I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of re-flashing it. I think I can see occasional dropped frames, so its only 99.9% there for video, but good enough at present.

I really didnt like using external video player with xbmc XAF on the stock rom - the remote cant control it, so no ff/rew, only hit back button to stop.

Comment

I tried streaming a 1080p video, American Hustle from Mashup. And I couldn't believe that there is no slowdown, stuttering or lag. Finished the whole movie without any incident. I was really surprised that this box can stream 1080p videos with wifi connection. Most boxes can't do this.
                  Are you running a 1080p kernel on MK918 to get true 1080p playback?

Comment

1080p playback

Originally posted by ollie26 View Post
                    Are you running a 1080p kernel on MK918 to get true 1080p playback?
                    I still have the stock rom 203j2 with 3.0.36+ kernel version and I'm using Beyond XBMC 3.3. I just watched another 1080p video from Yify Movies HD, Anchorman 2 with the same results.

I guess I'm still sticking with the stock rom. There's 2 new FW updates (check gor's posts) that's out there for MK918. The only problem I have is youtube videos are jittery besides that everything is satisfactory.

Comment

Still sticking with the stock rom

Originally posted by chrisontab View Post
                      Nope, i am still on 203j version! It seems to be working ok with "beyond xbmc" so I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of re-flashing it. I think I can see occasional dropped frames, so its only 99.9% there for video, but good enough at present.

I really didnt like using external video player with xbmc XAF on the stock rom - the remote cant control it, so no ff/rew, only hit back button to stop.
                      I agree with you. "If ain't broke don't fix it". I took your advice not reflashing. Unless the 2 latest roms that are out for the MK918 are better and stable. The only gripe I have is youtube. Videos are jittery.

I'm loving Beyond XBMC and I think it's perfect for our box.

Comment

...on this link can be checked what is new in fw update ...

Comment

I still have the stock rom 203j2 with 3.0.36+ kernel version and I'm using Beyond XBMC 3.3. I just watched another 1080p video from Yify Movies HD, Anchorman 2 with the same results.

I guess I'm still sticking with the stock rom. There's 2 new FW updates (check gor's posts) that's out there for MK918. The only problem I have is youtube videos are ujittery besides that everything is satisfactory.
                          In stock ROM and kernel those 1080p videos in Mashup will still be 720p that's why you're getting good performance you need a 1080p kernel for Full HD playback witch that box won't do in xbmc on stock.

Comment

I flashed Last FW... rom already includes Beyond XBMC ...and some new app...
                            I refined it with 4.2.2 theme ...
                            here's the link ... http://www.mediafire.com/download/zd....2.2+Theme.rar
                            now looks fantastic ...
                            Last edited by gor; 03-14-2014, 16:12.

Comment

RE: 1080p playback

Originally posted by ollie26 View Post
                              In stock ROM and kernel those 1080p videos in Mashup will still be 720p that's why you're getting good performance you need a 1080p kernel for Full HD playback witch that box won't do in xbmc on stock.
                              I don't know if it's true 1080p or not. But I streamed 1080p movies from Mashup, Yify HD, Icefilms,and MuchMovies HD. The info on the stock player on Beyond XBMC is saying the video is 1080p. So you're saying the movie is 1080p but it's playing in 720p resolution ?! I don't know if the player is reading it right or wrong if it's 720p or 1080p. I will try other players like the XAF XBMC /w MX player to compare the performance.

But anyway, 1080p kernel or not I still like the performance on my stock FW and kernel on Beyond XBMC. "Nuff said.
                              Last edited by chaozmatic; 03-13-2014, 21:08.

Comment

Beyond XBMC 3.3 - Zebra Test

Originally posted by Tech1

The "Beyond XBMC" has passed the "Zebra Test" with flying colors with 4K like video playback ... All of the Zebras crossed the river smooth as silk ... No other XBMC, including the Gotham nightly XBMC builds can match the video resolution quality and video playback smoothness of the "Beyond XBMC" ... Again awesome work, well done Flumpster ...!
                                I will try this "zebra test" for 1080p playback using my stock FW and kernel on MK918. A lot of people on Freaktab threads are saying that is the best XBMC for 720p and 1080p playback streaming or non streaming. Found out myself that it was true. (Check my other posts).

Comment

Working...
                                X