No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does passthrough only effect HDMI or will it still passthrough DTS on SPDIF/TOSLINK/optical?

My reciever is a older only has optical.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
      Well,maybe Javimetal can run a new antutu test on his M8(guess he sleeps now)
      I never sleep my friend (4:35 AM here now...), I felt hungry at night and never can live without check my email

I ran Antutu maybe 5-6 hours after connect the box, I'm sure if I run the benchmark just after start the Beelink the result will be better. In fact, the M8 is still running after I connected first time. I was focused on those "reboots" reported, so the box is playing video again and again at night and I download some apps and run them sometimes on day, after around 32hrs this Beelink did not reboot because hot or another reason.

You don't need to compare the Tronsmart with the Beelink, both are EXACTLY SAME BOARD (and also the new Measy). Just different name on the case. If one day one of you come to China I take you to see this in deep.
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
        Ah, how do you like the NUC thought about getting one for my son to tinker with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
        Love it, its so much better than any Android TV stick I've had. Its more expensive though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
          Love it, its so much better than any Android TV stick I've had. Its more expensive though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Was it hard to put Android on it? Working without hiccups? Time to do a review?

Ps. Sry for off topic
          Beelink R89
          Pioneer SC-2022
          Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
          Minix X8-H
          Minix X5
          Logitech Revue

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
            I never sleep my friend (4:35 AM here now...), I felt hungry at night and never can live without check my email

I ran Antutu maybe 5-6 hours after connect the box, I'm sure if I run the benchmark just after start the Beelink the result will be better. In fact, the M8 is still running after I connected first time. I was focused on those "reboots" reported, so the box is playing video again and again at night and I download some apps and run them sometimes on day, after around 32hrs this Beelink did not reboot because hot or another reason.

You don't need to compare the Tronsmart with the Beelink, both are EXACTLY SAME BOARD (and also the new Measy). Just different name on the case. If one day one of you come to China I take you to see this in deep.
            Thank you for your information and your great testing of Belink

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by sweup View Post
              Was it hard to put Android on it? Working without hiccups? Time to do a review?

Ps. Sry for off topic
              Intel released an X86 version for it last week which installs with a Gummiboot bootloader so it dualboots Windows and Android. Very easy to install and super smooth and fast but still a bit buggy. There was only sound out over the 3.5mm jack and the YouTube app and certain video sites didnt work. I think it has codec issues because its X86.

Intel said its only a developer release so if some of the devs can tweak it, it would be really great. As i said, got 25000 (Celeron 2.14Ghz dual core/8gb RAM) on Antutu and was the smoothest Android experience I've seen from a TVbox/Nuc. Back to Windows now until its fully optimized though.

As an HTPC the NUC I have with Windows 8.1 is great, don't think it has passthrough? but I don't need it.

PS This is offtopic, is there a NUC forum in here?

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk

Comment

Beelink M8

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
                Thank you for your information and your great testing of Belink
                After 2 days working non-stop, without any reboot, I finally powered off...

After around 2 hours I connected again, just waited 2-3 minutes and ran Antutu again:

I can run more times and results will be different any time...

No other difference than brand name and color.

Comment

Does this device get heated up?

How is wifi reception on this device as there is no external antenna?
                  ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                    After 2 days working non-stop, without any reboot, I finally powered off...

After around 2 hours I connected again, just waited 2-3 minutes and ran Antutu again:

I can run more times and results will be different any time...

No other difference than brand name and color.
                    Nice!I just ordered a Belink 16gb from you.

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                      Does this device get heated up?

How is wifi reception on this device as there is no external antenna?
                      At begining I read the S802 board overheats and auto-reboot... but I did not see this, even this device was working for 48 hrs.

I'll try to check the wifi.

It's holidays in China, so maybe next tuesday we will test some videos more.

If someone has a video sample and want we try, let me know a download link before tuesday.

Comment

What holiday, new years over?

Comment

this vs fire TV

So I looked up the LG Optimus G on Antutu and this is what the official benchmarks are...

enchmarks on AnTuTu Benchmark 3.x versions

SCORE CPU-I CPU-F MEM 2D 3D DB SD-READ SD_WRITE
                          19078 4499 3517 3149 1306 5697 545 216 149

So this is hitting 30K

Can you post up all the scores like above so we can compare everything. If the S802 is doing better than the S4Pro then I'll move back to this now that you say HDMI/SPDIF is working fine with AC3/DTS

Thanks

Comment

What holiday, new years over?

Maybe I don't explain well, in China these days is a holiday like the "All Saints Day" or in spanish "Día de todos los santos"

Comment

Maybe that's why my tronsmart vega s89 hasn't shipped yet

Comment

Maybe that's why my tronsmart vega s89 hasn't shipped yet

I think most of the orders will be sent along next week. Factory just making first production.

Comment

Working...
                                X