Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batfink32
    replied
    Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by ColdSpirit View Post
    The problems people are having could be because the version of xbmc no??

If thats the case, uninstalling the version that comes with Vega S89 and installing the lastest beta could resolve most problems??

If so it could be a fix... i wonder.

P.S... Waiting for mine ti arrive which could be in 15 working days to a month :| but following the thread and news closely.
    I think it is the Gotham beta that comes installed on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ColdSpirit
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    12 will not have hardware encoding. 13 (Gotham) is in beta right now and should work great. 14 is non-existent they just renamed it from 13-betaX to 14

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    The problems people are having could be because the version of xbmc no??

If thats the case, uninstalling the version that comes with Vega S89 and installing the lastest beta could resolve most problems??

If so it could be a fix... i wonder.

P.S... Waiting for mine ti arrive which could be in 15 working days to a month :| but following the thread and news closely.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    12 will not have hardware decoding. 13 (Gotham) is in beta right now and should work great. 14 is non-existent they just renamed it from 13-betaX to 14

Last edited by noderat; 04-14-2014, 22:18.

Leave a comment:

• ColdSpirit
    replied
    Hello all! The version of XBMC wich comes with the Tronsmart vega S89 doesnt come with the XBMC 14 alpha? If so it could be because of the alpha version! If i am right does it has better performance with the XBMC 12?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by jimac View Post
    For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.
    Looking forward to your review.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon72
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    The tronsmart vega S89 is not used the S802-H, it is S802, but it use XBMC to do the software decoding. so you still can get DTS and dolby via XBMC. and about passthrough test, check here
    HI Guys: We get the first bulk of Tronsmart vega s89 in stock,and finish this passthrough review. Here is my test device: 1 Tronsmart vega s89 quad core tv box; 2 Yamaha RX-375 5.1 Receiver 3 Yamaha NS-P40 Speaker I test different 1080p mkv, ts format local video file, and use built-in XBMC to play […]

i have heared tronsmart will release a new model of S89 which use the S802-H.

the only difference should be s802-h chip will support hardware decoding dolby/dts video. while S802 just can do via software decoding.

Eric
    This^^^^

Oh and it seems that different XBMC releases cause the sound issue on HDMI so it might be an XBMC issue.... might be...

Leave a comment:

• jimac
    replied
    FWIW

For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.

Leave a comment:

• skelton
    replied
    Javimetal, any chance Beelink release kernel source code with proper customer files? They should be GPL complaint I guess.... And usually, the generic amlogic kernel source is not enough

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Beelink M8 is a S802 SoC based. Neutral version is same.

When specifications change it will be informed.

Leave a comment:

• paradoxman
    replied
    I am curious how it will improve this amlogic chip's performance once some devs put some work into the existing kernel making it better, however we are still limited to some hardware limitations that are not very future proof especially regarding the H265 format that will take over soon;
    meanwhile RK3288 devices were shown on the HKTDC in hong kong playing back H265 4K at full 60fps 9not 30 fps like the hdmi1.4 in the amlogic chip) using the new HDMI 2.0 standard at 10bit, using extremely fast Mali-T764 GPU

8 sec. cold booting time on tablets, some dev board running chromium OS - you can watch the presentation video here

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    The tronsmart vega S89 is not used the S802-H, it is S802, but it use XBMC to do the software decoding. so you still can get DTS and dolby via XBMC. and about passthrough test, check here
    HI Guys: We get the first bulk of Tronsmart vega s89 in stock,and finish this passthrough review. Here is my test device: 1 Tronsmart vega s89 quad core tv box; 2 Yamaha RX-375 5.1 Receiver 3 Yamaha NS-P40 Speaker I test different 1080p mkv, ts format local video file, and use built-in XBMC to play […]

the only difference should be s802-h chip will support hardware decoding dolby/dts video. while S802 just can do via software decoding.

Eric
    Thanks for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
    According to what has been posted here (Tronsmart Vega S89 with S802H), it is not!

We need to confirm if Vega S89 and Beelink are equiped with S802H!

Eric

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    Originally posted by HelpMePlz View Post
    Is this more powerful than the Tronsmart Vega S89?
    According to what has been posted here (Tronsmart Vega S89 with S802H), it is not!

We need to confirm if Vega S89 and Beelink are equiped with S802H!

Leave a comment:

• HelpMePlz
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
    Thanks.
    Just can't wait for it...

About Minix posted before:

MINIX unveils NEO X8 and X8s, delivering 4K UHD capability.

MINIX today announced the latest additions to their product line – NEO X8 and X8s. The NEO X8 and X8s will both be powered by the latest generation of Amlogic chipsets; the NEO X8 will use the standard Amlogic S802, whilst the NEO X8s will adopt the Amlogic S802-H – offering full Dolby Digital and DTS support.

Both devices will offer:

- 4K2K UHD Video Decoding and Output
    - 1080p FHD Video Encoding
    - Quad Core Cortex A9r4 Processor
    - Octo Core Mali-450 GPU
    - Android KitKat 4.4 OS
    - TrustZone & Trusted Video Path for Security & DRM
    - Support HDMI-CEC
    - Bluetooth 4.0 and Ethernet
    - Audio and Headphone Jacks, 3 USB Ports + 1 OTG Port.

However, there are noticeable differences between the two models:

- NEO X8 will offer only 8GB EMMC internal storage, whilst the NEO X8s offers 16GB EMMC.
    - NEO X8 delivers single-band Wi-Fi, whilst the NEO X8s includes dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - The NEO X8s offers full Dolby Digital and DTS Support, which is not available on the NEO X8.

The NEO X8 and X8s will be priced according to their different specifications, with exact retail prices to follow shortly, and are expected to be available to buy from late May onwards.

MINIX also announced a new addition to its range of air-mouses, the NEO M1, delivering six-axis gyroscope support and built-in anti-shake technology for superior accuracy and control.

The form factor of the NEO M1 is much smaller than that of previous models, being just 146mm x 39mm x 12.6mm, and also includes a built-in rechargeable lithium battery. Pricing information for the NEO M1 will also follow shortly.Ver tradução

Is this more powerful than the Tronsmart Vega S89?

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Well I'll rip mine apart when I get it and see what she has under the hood.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X