X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mheel
    replied
    Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
    More than likely these are shipping with the S802h. The thing was the original first shipment that Eric from geekbuying had shown did not output DD or DTS and that was because it was the original chip. He went back to the manufacturer and ask them to switch to the newer chip so I do believe they have done that. You have to open up the box and remove the heatsink the check the chip.
    The first of http://www.geekbuying.com and http://www.asiapads.com that can confirm that it is S802-H chip in their will I direct order of.

//Mheel

Leave a comment:

• reddragon72
    replied
    Originally posted by Joffa View Post
    Can someone please clarify what this means exactly?

The Tronsmart with S802 is outputting DD sound via hdmi and spdif optical on xbmc, so then what exactly can the S802-H do that the S802 cannot?
    More than likely these are shipping with the S802h. The thing was the original first shipment that Eric from geekbuying had shown did not output DD or DTS and that was because it was the original chip. He went back to the manufacturer and ask them to switch to the newer chip so I do believe they have done that. You have to open up the box and remove the heatsink the check the chip.

Leave a comment:

• Joffa
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
    Thanks.
    Amlogic chipsets; the NEO X8 will use the standard Amlogic S802, whilst the NEO X8s will adopt the Amlogic S802-H – offering full Dolby Digital and DTS support.

Can someone please clarify what this means exactly?

The Tronsmart with S802 is outputting DD sound via hdmi and spdif optical on xbmc, so then what exactly can the S802-H do that the S802 cannot?
    Last edited by Joffa; 04-13-2014, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Have you tried the jellyfish with HW+ decoder?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    Does jellyfish have sound at all? It wasn't coming through on XBMC or anything. I can try later again. Very surprised though it played the max bit rate smoothly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Hmm, interesting. Have you tried the jellyfish with HW+ decoder?

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    MX player was likely not having sound as it was using hardware decoding. I'd switch to software audio decoding.

You're right, it was on H/W, can't remember but I think even stock player wasn't playing sound.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    MX player was likely not having sound as it was using hardware decoding. I'd switch to software audio decoding.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Videos of tested videos..., sorry for the poor quality

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Ok,

Ive been testing some of the video Alwaysbless asked for...,

Here goes..

For the Jellyfish test video, it seems fine right up to 120mbps in XBMC. Note, I had no sound with it but I dont know if the video has sound.

Jurassic Park seems to play fine although in MX Player and stock player there is no sound. XBMC does give the video with sound. I should say its a short clip so I'm not sure if its playing smoothly or not.

Monsters Inc played smoothly but again I could only get sound through XBMC, MX Player gave me no sound. The audio and video sync ended up way off though XBMC, I don't know if an advanced settings file is needed for an audio delay.

The Sintel Blu-ray seems to play fine in XBMC, again audio / video seems out of sync.

Overall it seems to handle video excellently.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Just got home! Got my S89 and will be playing with it today!

Anyone hate the launcher? I will be putting in stock AOSP launcher in my ROM for sure.

Bob
    Yay! Check the stock kernel settings, I've never seen such a bad stock kernel :-)

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post

Anyone hate the launcher? I will be putting in stock AOSP launcher in my ROM for sure.

Bob
    Thanks.
    Just can't wait for it...

About Minix posted before:

MINIX unveils NEO X8 and X8s, delivering 4K UHD capability.

MINIX today announced the latest additions to their product line – NEO X8 and X8s. The NEO X8 and X8s will both be powered by the latest generation of Amlogic chipsets; the NEO X8 will use the standard Amlogic S802, whilst the NEO X8s will adopt the Amlogic S802-H – offering full Dolby Digital and DTS support.

Both devices will offer:

- 4K2K UHD Video Decoding and Output
    - 1080p FHD Video Encoding
    - Quad Core Cortex A9r4 Processor
    - Octo Core Mali-450 GPU
    - Android KitKat 4.4 OS
    - TrustZone & Trusted Video Path for Security & DRM
    - Support HDMI-CEC
    - Bluetooth 4.0 and Ethernet
    - Audio and Headphone Jacks, 3 USB Ports + 1 OTG Port.

However, there are noticeable differences between the two models:

- NEO X8 will offer only 8GB EMMC internal storage, whilst the NEO X8s offers 16GB EMMC.
    - NEO X8 delivers single-band Wi-Fi, whilst the NEO X8s includes dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - The NEO X8s offers full Dolby Digital and DTS Support, which is not available on the NEO X8.

The NEO X8 and X8s will be priced according to their different specifications, with exact retail prices to follow shortly, and are expected to be available to buy from late May onwards.

MINIX also announced a new addition to its range of air-mouses, the NEO M1, delivering six-axis gyroscope support and built-in anti-shake technology for superior accuracy and control.

The form factor of the NEO M1 is much smaller than that of previous models, being just 146mm x 39mm x 12.6mm, and also includes a built-in rechargeable lithium battery. Pricing information for the NEO M1 will also follow shortly.Ver tradução

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied

Bob

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Ride on! Thx i appreciate it.
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    I try some out later tonight when I get home.

On a side note I found a guy whos selling Armada Mach 8s on **** who lives out here in San Diego w/ me. He said he is receiving his first shipment on the 16th so I should be able to post a review that day (hopefully he isnt lying) as Ive already arranged to meet up.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
    Anyone wanna test these out? Lets not be shy here
    I try some out later tonight when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• alwaysbless
    replied
    Anyone wanna test these out? Lets not be shy here

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post

Lets see how those things handle the jelly fish test

Plz report the max MBPS before playback performance noticeably decreases

Also, blueray ISO - http://download.blender.org/durian/m...tel-Bluray.iso

&

MPEG-2 Blueray remux - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji0d8q4h32...281%29-001.mkv

&

Monster inc XBMC test vid H264 1080p

Results of these videos should provide a real world comparison of vegas vs. fire tv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X