Pipo M7T RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7T RileyROM 1.0

This is the first ROM for the Pipo M7T tablet. This will not work on the M7 Pro, so don't try to flash it on an M7 Pro tablet.

This ROM is based on the official Pipo Android 4.2.2 firmware dated 1/7/2014.

I really don't have much to say about this tablet, because I don't know much about it....other that it is just like the M7 Pro, except for some variations in hardware...enough of which required a new model name. I do not have one of these tablets, so early testers, please post your results. I'll be happy to make any necessary adjustments based on testing.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Multiple ko modules for VPN and other networking support added
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Also, this ROM contains the auto install feature, for installing apk files on the first boot. See this Thread for details on auto install. LINK

Download

EDIT:

Here is v1.2 and v1.2a

1.2 is based on new firmware #649

v1.2

1.2a is based on new firmware #645

v1.2a

v1.2.5 is based on firmware #667 dated 4/14/2014, reported to be the most stable Jellybean version. I named this 1.2.5 because 1.3 is a KitKat ROM...so it's in between v1.2 and 1.3.

v1.2.5

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 10-05-2014, 20:34.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

General:
    Flashes well, bootups fast, after tweaking to 1.6GHz it almost flies (almost - vsync ON would be nice, experience would be much better...)

BIG BUG: 3G - I'm on data 900MHz network it it takes ages (5-10 minutes) to connect, then another 5 minutes to get internet connection and after all is connected you actually don't get any data flowing ;/ APN stuff done properly.
    I've got comparison with Nexus 4 - works without hitch.

issues: Multiwindow stuff is missing but I guess PiPO haven't provided it yet

benchmark: AnTuTu inter18902 / perf19181

Comment

Here's a link to v1.1.

I made it with a newer firmware dated 1/20/14.

v1.1
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

It was the network carrier's fault it seems.
        Now my only bug is poor GPS performance, gotta check solderings.
        Ps thanks for further debloat and improved boot animation.
        EDIT: Okay after swapping antennae for one from some android-based navi tab it started to fix sometimes, still it isn't too reliable (SNR 20-30) Is there a possibility that KitKat firmware will sport somewhat different GPS driver and it will improve?

EDIT2: ROM is as good as rooted JB ROM can be, I can think of no issues, just not that smooth sometimes.
        Waiting for the KK release from PiPO.
        Last edited by panaut0lordv; 02-28-2014, 12:28.

Comment

PIPO M7T won’t power on

I have an issue with my M7T and I was wondering if anyone has faced the same problem. I have the M7T for 10 days now and since yesterday the tablet refuses to power on. I was charging the tablet overnight and checked my emails in the morning. When I got back in the afternoon it was dead. I tried to hold the power button 3, 5, 10 30 sec but nothing. Pressing the reset button has no effect and I have checked the charger and is fine. I left the tablet charging for a couple of hours and tried again but again nothing. I still have the original ROM that came with it. Did not installed anything the last few days. I would say that the tablet went automatic into sleep mode due to inactivity and after that it is just refusing to power on again. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Try pressing the reset button and see if you get anything.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by j0nygr View Post
              I have an issue with my M7T and I was wondering if anyone has faced the same problem. I have the M7T for 10 days now and since yesterday the tablet refuses to power on. I was charging the tablet overnight and checked my emails in the morning. When I got back in the afternoon it was dead. I tried to hold the power button 3, 5, 10 30 sec but nothing. Pressing the reset button has no effect and I have checked the charger and is fine. I left the tablet charging for a couple of hours and tried again but again nothing. I still have the original ROM that came with it. Did not installed anything the last few days. I would say that the tablet went automatic into sleep mode due to inactivity and after that it is just refusing to power on again. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
              I've got the same problem, looks totally dead. Had no time lately, but now I think I will send it back to PiPO for repair!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                Try pressing the reset button and see if you get anything.

Randy
                It does not respond to the reset button either. I tried pressing once, keeping pressed for 5, 10, 30 sec but again nothing. And by no respond I mean you do not see anything, no backlight to the screen, no sound, nothing at all. I also tried to flash the firmware, but did not manage to get my pc to connect with the tablet (since it is dead). And after panaut0lordv’s comment I am starting to think that there must be something seriously wrong with this PIPO model .

Comment

power buttom not working

Here's a link to v1.1.

I made it with a newer firmware dated 1/20/14.

v1.1
                  I have flashed the M7T Rileyrom 1.1. But the power button is invalid after a while. I noticed that the official website has published new firmware for later model to fixed the power button issue.

Comment

Originally posted by panweihwa View Post
                    I have flashed the M7T Rileyrom 1.1. But the power button is invalid after a while. I noticed that the official website has published new firmware for later model to fixed the power button issue.
                    Where, on official website? I can't find it.
                    Thank you.

Comment

OK, let me download that new firmware and make a new ROM.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Reviews OF RILEYROM in Chinese

The above link is the Chinese review I wrote for my friend's blog on pipo U8 on rileyrom. The review is published on Taiwan and have more than 10000 hits. In fact, I purchase Pipos because of Rileyrom. particularly the kitkat 4.4 version on Pipo U8 is excellent.

I am hoping that M7T can have a kitkat soon! as I have a M7T NOW!
                        Last edited by panweihwa; 04-21-2014, 18:07. Reason: CLEARER

Comment

M7T中文版升级固件#645
                          本版本固件为2月26号之后出厂的M7T平板用
                          如果软件用错了的话 就会出现屏亮着的时候按电源键进不了屏保 也就是电源键没有作用

Translation:

M7T new upgraded Rom # 645
                          This Rom is designated for M7T model after 2/26
                          If you flashed the wrong rom, it will lead to unfunctional power button and can not enter screen-lock mode.

Comment

Have you tried #649 from this page? Is that the one with the power button problem?

I'm uploading a new ROM with #649 as the base. Should I use #645 instead?
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Here is v1.2 based on the #649 firmware dated 3/1/14. If I need to do a ROM with the #645 firmware, let me know.

v1.2
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X