Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    What you need to do to "fool" google into thinking your something else is to edit build.prop.

I have a GREAT build.prop that works well on my 2.0 ROM. You can try it if you like but realize the SDK= in build.prop must be changed to your SDK level (not the one from mine) or you will have serious issues. So do this and let me know.

Below is my build.prop. You will need a root file explorer to go to /system and see the build.prop file. Rename it to build.old. But before you do that, make a copy and edit it. Put in everything you see in this build.prop bu change the SDK= to your current build.prop. If this doesnt work, you can always delete the build.prop and rename your old one back.

NOW IMPORTANT!!! WHen you change build.prop to get it to work properly, you have to go into settings>privacy and do a factory data reset! If you do not do this, not everything needed will change.
    WARNING, a factory data reset erases all your APPS you installed, accounts, etc. So basically it is back to a fresh ROM when this is complete! Only thing that wont change is ANYTHING that went into /system like your edited build.prop
    Done. Well, this didnt quite work. I had a new top task bar, while the bottom one was missing. The screen resolution was kinda muffed up too. But without the bottom taskbar, I was unable to back out of any apps, or get to the apps menu. Also, some apps ran upside down. Very weird indeed.

Anyway, I managed to get my old build.prop put back, and all is well (as good as it was, anyway). I am not going to bother installing anything on this besides root explorer until I can get to the bottom of these problems, and figure out why I cannot adb into this unit. Besides, I still have my Roid 701i that I can use.

Thanks for your help, Finless, and keep up the good work. Cannot wait to see CWM on these units.
    Jim
    ---
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

In my posted build.prop did you change the sdk= to YOUR sdk= level from your original build.prop?

Also.... sorry..... I should have told you you only need this section. KEEP the lower section that is yours but again edit SDK= from my 9 to your SDK lvel which I bet is 14?

DONT GIVE UP! Trust me this below can make a big difference to what google see's you as!

Bob

# begin build properties
      # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
      ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
      ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.eng.hwg.20110913.1 92033
      ro.build.version.incremental=eng.hwg.20110913.1920 33
      ro.build.version.sdk=9
      ro.build.version.codename=REL
      ro.build.version.release=2.3.1
      ro.build.date=Tue Sep 13 19:20:56 CST 2011
      ro.build.date.utc=1315912856
      ro.build.type=user
      ro.build.user=hwg
      ro.build.host=rk29
      ro.build.tags=test-keys
      ro.product.model=AN10G2
      ro.product.brand=rockchip
      ro.product.name=rk29sdk
      ro.product.device=rk29sdk
      ro.product.board=rk29sdk
      ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
      ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
      ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
      ro.product.locale.language=en
      ro.product.locale.region=US
      ro.wifi.channels=
      ro.board.platform=rk29
      # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
      ro.build.product=rk29sdk
      # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
      ro.build.description=rk29sdk-user 2.3.1 GINGERBREAD eng.hwg.20110913.192033 test-keys
      ro.build.fingerprint=rockchip/rk29sdk/rk29sdk:2.3.1/GINGERBREAD/eng.hwg.20110913.192033:user/test-keys
      # end build properties
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Also see this thread for more build.prop examples from other tabs!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...uild-prop-file

Bob

Comment

In my posted build.prop did you change the sdk= to YOUR sdk= level from your original build.prop?

Also.... sorry..... I should have told you you only need this section. KEEP the lower section that is yours but again edit SDK= from my 9 to your SDK lvel which I bet is 14?

DONT GIVE UP! Trust me this below can make a big difference to what google see's you as!

Bob
          Yes, I changed the sdk to 14 from 9. I also used your lower half as well. I will try again while keeping my lower half. I will let you know.

thanks
          Jim
          ---

Comment

The FUN of being rooted

Also remember YOU MUST do a data factory reset after changing build.prop.

Bob

Comment

Also to let you know here is the deal about /system and being rooted.

A data factory reset wipes EVERYTHING except /system. So, anything you do to a file or APK (APP) etc... persists even if you do a factory reset! Factory reset never expects you to be rooted so it NEVER tries to replace /system with the factory /system.

So you can never screw up your ROM unless you mess with anything in /system. THATS when you can hose the ROM and have to reflash.

Hope this makes sense.

Bob

Comment

The FUN of being rooted

Also remember YOU MUST do a data factory reset after changing build.prop.

Bob
                I remembered.

Well, that didnt work either. Still no ICS task bar, so no way to back out of anything. Except now, the G-Sensor seems to be also disable, and the display is stuck upside down. Also, most apps are not even showing up. Fortunately Astro was still there, so I was able to install Root Explorer.
                Jim
                ---

Comment

Also to let you know here is the deal about /system and being rooted.

A data factory reset wipes EVERYTHING except /system. So, anything you do to a file or APK (APP) etc... persists even if you do a factory reset! Factory reset never expects you to be rooted so it NEVER tries to replace /system with the factory /system.

So you can never screw up your ROM unless you mess with anything in /system. THATS when you can hose the ROM and have to reflash.

Hope this makes sense.

Bob
                  Yes, makes perfect sense. I have been messing with embedded devices for quite some time. Especially embedded Linux. I used to build my own DD-WRT router firmware.
                  Jim
                  ---

Comment

Lexbridge, again don't give up! You will help many others by finding a build.prop that works well. I cannot test as I do not have this tablet!

So let me tell you that the FIRST thing of importance to google are these paremeters:

ro.build.description
                    ro.build.fingerprint

Try this first to your stock prop file. It should NOT change how your Tab work. So use these new ones below:

ro.build.description=GT-P7510-user 3.2 HTJ85B UEKMP release-keys
                    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P7510/GT-P7510:3.2/HTJ85B/UEKMP:user/release-keys

Try that first and then we can work on up the chain

Bob

Comment

Lexbridge, again don't give up! You will help many others by finding a build.prop that works well. I cannot test as I do not have this tablet!

So let me tell you that the FIRST thing of importance to google are these paremeters:

ro.build.description
                      ro.build.fingerprint

Try this first to your stock prop file. It should NOT change how your Tab work. So use these new ones below:

ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P7510/GT-P7510:3.2/HTJ85B/UEKMP:user/release-keys

Bob
                      Oh, I have not given up. I dont give up that easily. I was hoping you would come up with something else to try. I will reflash back to your rooted ROM, and start completely fresh.
                      Jim
                      ---

Comment

ro.build.description
                        ro.build.fingerprint

Bob
                        LATEST EDIT: Okay, finally!! Whew. Adding those two lines appeared to not affect anything. Swiftkey X Tablet still complains that I am trying to install it on a phone.

It would also appear, when turning off the usb storage, the SDCard does NOT get re-read and updated, and I was simply copying the old cached version of the build.prop. I found I have to reboot the unit after writing to the SDCard. This is a serious factory bug IMO!

EDIT: DISREGARD Everything below!! My build.prop file is now failing to be overwritten. It was still using the bad file, and not the original I had modified. Trying to get it rewritten now. Also, I had to reflash because it somehow killed the USB sharing.

As a side note, I noted that the charge indicator also doubles as an HDD access light, but only when charging. Cool!

Okay, these two changes alone cause my ICS task bar to disappear, and also only 16 apps per page (the second page actually has 15, but lots of wasted screen real estate). There should be room for 28 total per page, I would think.

So correction, my apps were NOT disappearing, I just never looked for a second page since the first one was not entirely full.

EDIT. I am actually wondering if the task bar is actually there, but off the screen. Is this a process I can look for? It is also odd that I have the upper GB taskbar now.
                        Last edited by Lexridge; 05-30-2012, 20:00.
                        Jim
                        ---

Comment

You guys are cool.

I like many others picked this tablet up at the big lots sale. I was jealous of my buddy who had a Poloroid pmid701 (the new ICS version) that he got from big lots for $100 and was able to hack it and get Google apps on it.

I picked this tablet up and tried for about a week to get adb to talk to the thing. I all but gave up until I found this place. I watched you guys figure out the usb drivers for this thing and within a matter of days you had a rom.

Thanks to you all. Especially Finless and N4RPS.
                          Keep up the good work. I will continue to watch the progress and will help out in any way if I can.

Have you ever thought of putting this on XDA? I could post it there for you. You deserve the fame.

Comment

Screen Density

Finless,
                            Its looks like the entire problem was the LCD Density, or lack thereof. I added this line to build.prop under the bottom section, which did not previously exist.

ro.sf.lcd_density=120

Now SwiftKey X Tablet is happy!! Apex Launcher is happy!

120 MAY be a bit much however, as the small text is somewhat hard to see. I dont know if I can just change this to an arbitrary number, or if it has to be dividable by some number. I will try working up a bit until the small text is readable, and SwiftKey X doesnt complain. Try to find a happy medium. I will post my results.

This may also fix other peoples problems with installing certain apps.

Thank you for enlightening me on the build.prop file.
                            Jim
                            ---

Comment

Bric-a-Brac

Hi all.

Luddite here. Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

Successfully updated drivers, but attempt to run RK29update.exe results in "Getting Misc Offset Failed", thereby resulting in one bricked tablet. Serial Number begins YF0312.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Not bricked, but still not right

To state the obvious, the Nextbook 7 this versus Nextbook 7 that is a wee bit frustrating. In another topic a user with the same serial number date code cited success with the nextbook7p12se_root_gplay.zip, so I gave it a go. Flashed the rom like a champ, tablet rebooted and all looked great until I discovered that my resistive screen isn't. Went through hell, but finally got it back to the "RK29" device state.

This is the Big Lots. hardware volume control. resistive screen model. I think this (nextbook7psr_root_gplay.zip) is the correct flash, but I must be missing something. There is only an offset for Parameter in the RK29update program, thus, I believe, the problem I'm having.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X