Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooty, no you are incorrect! I setup my flash kits to be ready to go. The parameter offset WILL ALWAYS BE 000000

The parameter file is in fact what tells the flash tool what all the other IMG offsets are!

Loader WILL NEVER HAVE AN OFFSET!

You have somehow not unzipped the package correctly or the download you have did not finish correctly! When you unzip DO NOT TRY to unzip it any other way than the package I made!

TRUST ME ON THIS.... do exactly what I say in the readme! Many people have never had an issue so it's something your doing.

Sorry to be harsh but for sure thats the facts.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Like I said, I'm a newbie...

EDIT: Please ignore what follows. I've looked at the Parameters image and see that the offsets are in there. For some reason RK29update is not populating the fields. Wonder why...

Sorry to rankle you Bob. Didn't mean to. As I mentioned I'm new at this, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Here's the content of the "setting" file:

VID=0x05E3
      PID=0x0726

[SYSTEM]
      LANGUAGE=English
      SUPPORTUSB11=1
      PHONEFLAG=0
      LOG=ENABLE

[FLASH]
      Loader_Path=image\RK29xxLoader(L)_V2.14.bin
      Parameter_Path=image\parameter
      Misc_Path=image\misc.img
      Kernel_Path=image\kernel.img
      Boot_Path=image\boot.img
      Recovery_Path=image\recovery.img
      System_Path=image\system.img
      Backup_Path=image\update.img

Parameter_Offset=0x00000000
      Misc_Offset=
      Kernel_Offset=
      Boot_Offset=
      Recovery_Offset=
      System_Offset=
      Backup_Offset=

[NFS]
      Loader_Path=
      Parameter_Path=
      Kernel_Path=

Parameter_Offset=
      Kernel_Offset=

[RAM]
      Loader_Path=
      Parameter_Path=
      Kernel_Path=
      RootFS_Path=

Parameter_Offset=
      Kernel_Offset=
      RootFS_Offset=

When I run RK29update, nothing is checked and the only offset is for Parameter. I noted that in the flash that was successful, albeit incorrect for my tablet, when RK29update came up all but the Loader were checked, and everything had an offset.

I unzipped everything to the Desktop; likewise with the other flash. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Success!

I entered the offsets manually, flashed the tablet and all is well!

Thanks, Bob, for a great update!

Comment

ro.sf.lcd_density=140 causes stock launcher to fail

First thanks Finless Bob for cooking this great ROM Second thanks to Lexbridge for his tweaking efforts. Now to the point of this post - DO NOT USE ro.sf.lcd_density=140 if you are using stock launcher. I have successfully tried 120 (to small) and 160 (to big). I am a noob when it comes to launcher capablities / diffrences so if anyone has any inforamtion on lcd_density supported by stock launcher please let me know. Thanks...

Big Lots Next7s

Comment

Originally posted by MoonPie View Post
            First thanks Finless Bob for cooking this great ROM Second thanks to Lexbridge for his tweaking efforts. Now to the point of this post - DO NOT USE ro.sf.lcd_density=140 if you are using stock launcher. I have successfully tried 120 (to small) and 160 (to big). I am a noob when it comes to launcher capablities / diffrences so if anyone has any inforamtion on lcd_density supported by stock launcher please let me know. Thanks...

Big Lots Next7s
            I actually found 126 to work the best, but I was using the Apex launcher, not the stock one.
            Jim
            ---
            Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
            Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
            Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Gave up. Took it back to BL

Well, I threw in the towel on this unit and returned it this morning to Big Lots. Here are the reasons:

1. Since I already had the Polaroid PMID701i, this unit was inferior IMO.
              2. Battery Life was terrible!
              3. Could never get the screen to look good resolution wise. Aspect ratio was always just slightly off.
              4. Hated the tacky/sticky feel of the glass.
              5. Hated that I had to press so hard on the glass to get it to respond. Lots of false positives too.
              6. The contrast of the built in camera was AWFUL

I took it back and picked up a GTX 7" TB782B Tablet (EDIT: It is actually a ZEKI branded tablet) from Sears for $120. I guess I will have to start a new thread on this after I get a chance to mess with it some.

Cheers
              Last edited by Lexridge; 06-02-2012, 01:54.
              Jim
              ---
              Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
              Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
              Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Snootyparrot, I am not sure why your PC is not reading the parameter file. You did not pull all the files out of the image folder and put them at the ROM kit folder level did you?

When you unzip my kit it should all be in a folder called Nextbook 7P etc etc... In that folder should be the RKflash tool and some other folders (drivers, etc) along with dll's and the settings.ini. The image folder being one of them in the main folder. In the image folder the rk flash tool looks for the parameter file and uses that to pre-populate the offsets in the tool. It seems the rk flash tool has either been removed from the rom kit directory and thus cannot see the image folder, or the image folder got renamed or something along those lines? You ARE unzipping the kit right? Your not opening the zip and trying to run the flash tool from within the zip? Remember Windows will open a zip file just like a folder!

Anyway, no one else has had this issue so I am not sure what the problem is.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Kudos!

While it took me a while to find Freaktabs, it was worth it! And thank you Finless, for the rooting process. it worked perfectly on my Nextbook 7P S(resistive).

I am a former Pandigital player, and hacked 2 of those within an inch of their lives. My only regret was that Slatedroid had nothing usable for Nextbooks IMO. Shouldn't we tell the readers at Saltedroid?

It's all good though. There seems to be enough to keep me interested at Freaktab.

BTW, I haven't noticed any degradtion of speed or responsiveness on the Nextab after installing your ROM.

Comment

Thank you Moonpie for referring me here.
                    This worked great with no errors...wishing some apps were compatible but I'll live

Comment

Google Calendar not working

Seems to be a problem with Google Calendar. Open calendar, it sees my Google account, but says there is no calendar. "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Have uninstalled and reinstalled both Market and Gmail, in that order, per another thread. I checked the current status of Calendar with Google, there are no reported issues. I also forced a sync of Google Calendar on my Symbian phone. There is no problem reaching the Google server.

Prior to flashing this ROM, Google Calendar was working on the Nextbook.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by momcat1 View Post
                        Seems to be a problem with Google Calendar. Open calendar, it sees my Google account, but says there is no calendar. "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Have uninstalled and reinstalled both Market and Gmail, in that order, per another thread. I checked the current status of Calendar with Google, there are no reported issues. I also forced a sync of Google Calendar on my Symbian phone. There is no problem reaching the Google server.

Prior to flashing this ROM, Google Calendar was working on the Nextbook.

Any suggestions?
                        Hello!

Did you flash back to the stock ROM? If so, did the calendar work again?

Also, what are the first six characters of the serial # on the back of your tablet?

73 DE N4RPS
                        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by N4RPS View Post
                          Hello!

Did you flash back to the stock ROM? If so, did the calendar work again?

Also, what are the first six characters of the serial # on the back of your tablet?

73 DE N4RPS
                          Rob

How would I do that?

Serial is YF0312

thanks

Comment

strange behavior at boot

I forgot to mention this startup idiosyncracy after flashing this ROM. Not a showstopper just a pain. At every boot, the screen calibration runs again. Touchscreen does not work until you complete it. If any messages pop up while you're doing the calibration, the whole thing hangs, forcing you to reboot again. I could not locate a setting to turn this off.

It was definitely not doing this prior to flashing the custom ROM.

Comment

screen calibration

I actually had this happen while on stock ROM. I dont think it is directly a cause of finless ROM or rooting. What I do suspect is that it has something to do with Gapps stuff. The reason I say this is because as I stated I was using stock virgin tab when I ran across gunnerbarn article. This of course did not work -no driver- for next7s so I tried to execute .apks without using adb some of the .apks worked some did not however after I did I started getting calibration screen on each boot. This along with your other issues might indicate a bad flash or ROM package download. Just my 2¢ worth of observation.

Comment

Originally posted by momcat1 View Post
                                How would I do that?

Serial is YF0312

thanks
                                Hello!

You would do it using the same method you used to flash the Finless ROM, but would flash the stock ROM image I submitted for Finless to use to root and add Gapps to, instead. Make sure you follow his instructions EXACTLY, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the 'Erase IDB' part.

As a convenience, here is the URL for the stock ROM:

To reflash with Finless' rooted ROM, use the link at the beginning of this thread.

I hope you can make this work for you.

73 DE N4RPS
                                Rob
                                Last edited by N4RPS; 06-03-2012, 16:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X