Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright. Starting backup procedures.

Should give me enough time to download your other rom.

Comment

Update: Bob, it seems to work.
      Let me know if I should test any particular functions on it.

Edit: Calibration not correct. Mirror effect as described in past posts. Volume Up/Down, and Power buttons working properly with it though.

Soft keys on bottom only responsive if you touch the top part of the screen. (Mirror Effect)

Another Edit: A lot of the functions having to with mounting, are throwing up errors.

Comment

Worked

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK so lets try a test first before I work on this.

Download my Gingercomb ROM here:

Unzip it and take the recovery.img from it and put it into this ICS ROM kit. Reflash recovery.img ONLY (uncheck everything else).

See if it works.

Bob
        I did what you said and it loads up fine.
        what works
        - vol +, vol - work to move up and down.
        - Power button to select.
        Not working
        - touch controls is off.
        - options are not all working right.

"Agree with Plasmastar, same here"

Comment

Originally posted by Josmar1993 View Post
          I did what you said and it loads up fine.
          what works
          - vol +, vol - work to move up and down.
          - Power button to select.
          Not working
          - touch controls is off.
          - options are not all working right.
          Agreed, same situation here.

Comment

Ah crap

Well so much for a simple way.... Looks like I have to cook up a custom one for this model. It's going to be a while though sorry. As you probably can see I am very tied up on other ROMs... It's a first come first serve request basis.

I sure could use another Dev on the team to handle the nextbook stuff. As you can see I have been kind of neglecting you nextbook folks. Not because I want to... but because of time.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

What is Step 1?

Ok, so i have the Nextbook Next7S Android 4.0 ICS, from biglots, and I am just trying to figure out how i go about doing a ROM switch??? What should the next step be? Download rockchip drivers? or download the ROM provided by finless at the beginning of this thread? Sorry for the newb questions, i'm just eager to make my tablet better before I just decide to say screw it and return it

Comment

See the README in my ROM download. All tools, instrutions, and drivers are in my ROM kit.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  See the README in my ROM download. All tools, instrutions, and drivers are in my ROM kit.

Bob

TY for the quick reply Finless, so I would just download the file, that is in your first post of this thread, to my computer and when i open that up I just go through the readme file and follow step by step? Also, i believe I read on another post that the Nextbook 7P ROM is also good for my tablet even tho it is the 7S, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless View Post
                    TY for the quick reply Finless, so I would just download the file, that is in your first post of this thread, to my computer and when i open that up I just go through the readme file and follow step by step? Also, i believe I read on another post that the Nextbook 7P ROM is also good for my tablet even tho it is the 7S, is that correct?
                    Yes for the download and instructions.

I cannot help on the models. I do not know. If you read a bunch here you will see some people that say they have this or that model, the ROMs do not work for them. Others it does. Nextbook model numbers and what they really is a mess. So your on your own with this for the most part. I cannot help you there.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless View Post
                      If this rom works for you, avoid all others. Especially Gingerbread builds. I've found none that work. They either sit at "formatting data" or are built for other touch screens (not calibrated properly or something), so they're just as useless.

Comment

Netflix update fix

Hey Finless,

After talking to NextBook tech support for over an hour I was formally told that the download here http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.phpnamed NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update under firmware downloads is also made for the Next7S Resistive screen. However after spending over an hour with a technician trying to get the update to work it just wouldn't budge. Apparently to install this update all I need to do is download the update.img, transfer it over to internal storage root directory and when I disconnect the USB cable it should kick in and install the update. However this does not happen at all. The only excuse they gave me why it wouldn't work is because Windows 7 apparently downloads the file incorrectly changing the file type to a CDImage or a WinImage thus crippling the file making it unrecognizable to the tablet(I call BS on this). And they said using XP would fix this problem. I of course questioned their logic behind this but unfortunately did not at the time have an XP machine operational. I did however download the update.img file via the tablets browser and it STILL did nothing which makes me think something else is going on and going the XP route would do nothing. It could be that I have flashed your Finless ROM however I tried it both with the Finless ROM and flashed the stock ROM you have on here (which flashed beautifully might I add) and still wouldn't work.

So my question is this. Can you add the NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update to the stock ROM, upload it for experimental purposes to see if it will work? You could call it "Next7S Resistive Screen Netflix Update EXPERIMENTAL." I'll then flash it and see if it works. If it does then you can add it to your Finless ROM and then we can all enjoy NETFLIX! But I am getting ahead of myself. What say you mighty Finless?

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here as well as any real modding, so please treat me like a noob when it comes to explaining so I can make sure not to mess anything up. I got a Nextbook 7" Android Tablet with ICS with serial # starting with YF0312 and I would really like to get off the default GetJar and use the Google Play app that won't install, do I want the download from the begining of this thread or if not could I be directed to the right spot? Thanks for any help and advice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherguy View Post
                            Hello everyone, I'm new here as well as any real modding, so please treat me like a noob when it comes to explaining so I can make sure not to mess anything up. I got a Nextbook 7" Android Tablet with ICS with serial # starting with YF0312 and I would really like to get off the default GetJar and use the Google Play app that won't install, do I want the download from the begining of this thread or if not could I be directed to the right spot? Thanks for any help and advice guys.
                            Yup, from the beginning of the thread. Also, I agree, GetJar is pretty darn limited.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakAZoid View Post
                              Hey Finless,

After talking to NextBook tech support for over an hour I was formally told that the download here http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.phpnamed NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update under firmware downloads is also made for the Next7S Resistive screen. However after spending over an hour with a technician trying to get the update to work it just wouldn't budge. Apparently to install this update all I need to do is download the update.img, transfer it over to internal storage root directory and when I disconnect the USB cable it should kick in and install the update. However this does not happen at all. The only excuse they gave me why it wouldn't work is because Windows 7 apparently downloads the file incorrectly changing the file type to a CDImage or a WinImage thus crippling the file making it unrecognizable to the tablet(I call BS on this). And they said using XP would fix this problem. I of course questioned their logic behind this but unfortunately did not at the time have an XP machine operational. I did however download the update.img file via the tablets browser and it STILL did nothing which makes me think something else is going on and going the XP route would do nothing. It could be that I have flashed your Finless ROM however I tried it both with the Finless ROM and flashed the stock ROM you have on here (which flashed beautifully might I add) and still wouldn't work.

So my question is this. Can you add the NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update to the stock ROM, upload it for experimental purposes to see if it will work? You could call it "Next7S Resistive Screen Netflix Update EXPERIMENTAL." I'll then flash it and see if it works. If it does then you can add it to your Finless ROM and then we can all enjoy NETFLIX! But I am getting ahead of myself. What say you mighty Finless?
                              Just bumping this to see if I can get an answer. I am willing to test it.

Comment

I downloaded the Rom a few days ago but just installed it today (had a really bad headcold, & something told me maybe now a good time to try to do this). Just wanted to give my thanks as so many here already has to Finless and everyone else involved with this, just to be able to use Gplay now deserves .
                                Thanks again and needless to say this site will be one of the first stops for anything else I may need to know/learn in the future

Comment

Working...
                                X