Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trouble is...you can't copy and paste text from a tablet that's in super secret recovery mode to a PC.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      The trouble is...you can't copy and paste text from a tablet that's in super secret recovery mode to a PC.
      Check the link, it's possible to do OCR from the camera image of another Android device, using the Google Translate App - I tried and it works!

Comment

While I have made some good MTK ROM's thus far, this one is way different than the others...the files are in different configurations...but I'm getting the nerve to attempt a flash of my test ROM to see if it works with the newest version of the SP Flash Tool. Unless this test flash goes horribly wrong, be looking for a custom ROM for this tablet in the next couple of days. I just want to devote the required time to getting it right.
        Hi,

I have deleted the chinese apks and other bloat/malwares from the rom zips (1.0.9 and 1.1.0), updated the gapps, then flashed with the stock recovery. No problems at all. You can delete the 1st line of the update script, which checks against the product name etc, handy if you have messed with the default.prop. I actually deleted the stock kernel from the zip and flashed it separately with MTKDroidTools. Feel a bit safer this way, but not sure.

Looking forward to your properly sanitised and optimised rom.

Comment

Did you have to re-sign the zip file?
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Did you have to re-sign the zip file?
            no. Never did in my previous fiddling with cm roms. My ignorance I guess, but seems to work.

Comment

Here's a link to my first RileyROM for this tablet:

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

hi rrileypm

i have a big problem, found out that i have cwr on it and not the default recovery, so i can´t update the rom from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 or higher

my tab shows me this when i want to update via sd-card

Finding update package...
                Opening update package...
                Installing update...
                Warning:no file_contextsThis package is for "gp920_a1_ifive" devices; this is a "MTK"
                e: error in /sdcard/F401_ifive_mini_3GS_442_V1.1.0_2140611.zip
                (status 7)
                installation aborted

how can i remove this recovery? do i need the stock firmware? and how to do this? hope you can help me.
                can i do it with flash tool and stock firmware (but where can i get this)?

Comment

My ROM contains both the stock recovery and the CWM version.

Just run the flash tool, as stated in the instructions...and check only the recovery.img. You can then flash back to the stock recovery...and then update your firmware.

A warning about firmware v1.1.0. I tried installing it last night to see if I could dump the installed version to make a new ROM. From an powered off stated, every time you plug in the USB, it shows the battery charging screen, and you can't get into flash mode...so, until we figure out another way around it, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to v1.1.0 just yet. My ROM is based on 1.0.9.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

thank you so much

i will try it after the soccer match

when everything is fine and running, i will also take a look at your rom the next days

Comment

Your team did very well!!!!!!!!!

The USA was good, but Germany was better. I hope they do well in the rest of the tournament.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

thankss, i hope so too, your team did a good job

ok now i tested it, but nothing happened...

my tablet is connected and windows finds it when it is on, but now i´m confused

you write in the instruction: Note: On tablets, just turn the tablet off after you pressthe download button, and connect the USB.

ok, do i have to turn off the tablet without usb connection, start the flash tool, click download and then connect to usb? but when my tablet is off, nothing happens...
                        i have the feeling, i do something wrong

Comment

Try the following

Power off the tablet
                          Start spflashtool and then press download
                          Connect the tab via USB

If you have the drivers properly installed spflash tool should find it and begin the flash process.
                          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Yes, that sounds like a driver problem. Follow the steps outlined in the First Time User's Guide.

If you are running the 4pda app, you might need to quit the app if it's running in Windows.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

thx guys i will take a look

i think it´s my mistake, because working on windows is not really what i like

i check the drivers and will test it again

Comment

just a little update

i hate working with windows the last hours windows installed one update after another, with reboot after reboot
                                adb driver is installed but there are some problems (code 10 bla bla bla) and i have to find a solution... thats why my daily working machine is a mac

i think i reinstall a clean windows and try it again. i will be back when it´s done

Comment

Working...
                                X