Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No...I managed to unbrick it. But I'm hesitant to try again until I know which flash tool to use.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

with what did you brick your tablet ?

To make custom ROM with all forum i have read yet, i have 2 idea :

1°) make a rom with dsixda kitchen which seems to need an alternative recovery.

2°) prepare a tablet and make a backup with MTK droid tool and convert for SP Flash tool which need so to make 3GS compatible with SP flash tool.

I think that the better idea is the first don't you think ?

Comment

That's my holdup in releasing a RileyROM at the moment. No successful update.zip for stock recovery...and failure to flash with SP Flash Tool.

The brick happened when I tried flashing CWM with SPFT.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

OK so at the moment you don't have any solution to get alive your tab because you can't flash it with SP Fash tool ?

I think the only reason we can't use SP flash tool is the not removal battery because SP Flashtool procedure for MTK need to remove battery and you need a full ROM ?

If you want i can make a full backup with MTK droid tool and migrate for SP flash tool but i think you need to open the tab to flash it ?

Comment

On my cube 9x its enough to connect with power off, no need to remove battery.

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

I've already made a full backup of this firmware...I plan on some more experimentation this weekend after I get back home from vacation.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                No...I managed to unbrick it. But I'm hesitant to try again until I know which flash tool to use.
                Originally posted by mad86 View Post
                with what did you brick your tablet ?
                I'd add one more question : how did you unbrick it ?? :-)

Comment

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android

I received a message from Geekbuying support suggesting I try holding the volume- button while pressing power for 10 seconds. A different recovery interface came up in Chinese. Since I couldn't read the menu...I just tried different options until my tablet magically booted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using FreakTab v0.1.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I received a message from Geekbuying support suggesting I try holding the volume- button while pressing power for 10 seconds. A different recovery interface came up in Chinese. Since I couldn't read the menu...I just tried different options until my tablet magically booted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using FreakTab v0.1.
                    thank you! Your experience was very useful for me, because i also brick my i5mini3GS .The same reason - I try to root from SD card with update.zip. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl58 View Post
                      thank you! Your experience was very useful for me, because i also brick my i5mini3GS .The same reason - I try to root from SD card with update.zip. Thank you very much!
                      I'm not 100% sure, but maybe you are the first one in this thread who bricked the tablet with this root method. Which is your software version (1.0.7, 1.0.9, 1.1.0)?

Comment

version 1.1.0 bricked

Originally posted by ivivdim View Post
                        I'm not 100% sure, but maybe you are the first one in this thread who bricked the tablet with this root method. Which is your software version (1.0.7, 1.0.9, 1.1.0)?
                        Виждам че си българин. Таблета не се брикна веднага.Самата инсталация на update.zip завърши,той се рестартира,проверката с Root checker показа че НЯМА руут. След минута цъфна Super User, поиска някакво разрешение, дадох му го. Проверката показа,че вече има руут. Google play i Clean master увиснаха и не искаха да се терминират. Нов рестарт и тогава умря. Добре, че прочетох поста на Ренди Райли, събудих го. Смених SD картата с друга,пак загина. Пак го събудих и оттогава вече си работи, явно пише нещо на картата. Не съм първия, в руския форум 4PDA един скимтеше, че го е брикнал ей така, без нищо да прави.

Comment

That's my holdup in releasing a RileyROM at the moment. No successful update.zip for stock recovery...and failure to flash with SP Flash Tool.

The brick happened when I tried flashing CWM with SPFT.
                          Just a quick note to tell you that I have successfully used SPFT v5.1352.01 with the iFive Mini 3GS. Both readback and download (= flashing) works fine.

The readback or download should be started in SPFT before connecting the (switched-off) tablet via USB. MediaTek VCOM drivers need to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl58 View Post
                            Виждам че си българин. Таблета не се брикна веднага.Самата инсталация на update.zip завърши,той се рестартира,проверката с Root checker показа че НЯМА руут. След минута цъфна Super User, поиска някакво разрешение, дадох му го. Проверката показа,че вече има руут. Google play i Clean master увиснаха и не искаха да се терминират. Нов рестарт и тогава умря. Добре, че прочетох поста на Ренди Райли, събудих го. Смених SD картата с друга,пак загина. Пак го събудих и оттогава вече си работи, явно пише нещо на картата. Не съм първия, в руския форум 4PDA един скимтеше, че го е брикнал ей така, без нищо да прави.
                            Hahaha!!!!!! Do you think I can read Bulgarian??????

No, you aren't the first to brick this tablet. I unbricked it by holding down volume- and power. The screen that came up was in Chinese, so I had to use trial and error to go through the menus and finally get it to do something. (No Google Translate for Chinese recovery screens, I'm afraid). So, don't ask me exactly which menu item I found to do the work...I couldn't begin to tell you.

While I have made some good MTK ROM's thus far, this one is way different than the others...the files are in different configurations...but I'm getting the nerve to attempt a flash of my test ROM to see if it works with the newest version of the SP Flash Tool. Unless this test flash goes horribly wrong, be looking for a custom ROM for this tablet in the next couple of days. I just want to devote the required time to getting it right.

Thanks for all of the info...your posts are very helpful.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

No, you aren't the first to brick this tablet. I unbricked it by holding down volume- and power. The screen that came up was in Chinese, so I had to use trial and error to go through the menus and finally get it to do something. (No Google Translate for Chinese recovery screens, I'm afraid). So, don't ask me exactly which menu item I found to do the work...I couldn't begin to tell you.

While I have made some good MTK ROM's thus far, this one is way different than the others...the files are in different configurations...but I'm getting the nerve to attempt a flash of my test ROM to see if it works with the newest version of the SP Flash Tool. Unless this test flash goes horribly wrong, be looking for a custom ROM for this tablet in the next couple of days. I just want to devote the required time to getting it right.

Will this ROM also solve the SD card issue I have been reading about?

Comment

Perhaps this could be helpful for next time?

Comment

Working...
                                X