Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically it means you need to use CWM Recovery to install the zip.

So, you need to flash CWM Recovery with the SP Flash Tool. You don't need to be rooted to do that.

Then install the zip file from CWM Recovery.

The stock recovery will block the installation of the zip file.

You can get CWM by downloading my 1.3 ROM. It's in the RileyROM folder. Just use the tool from the ROM kit, uncheck everything except recovery...browse to select the CWM Recovery and flash as "Download Only".
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by jackgar View Post
      I have found this in the 5fans site where we download the 1.1.2 upgrade, someone says this:

"...But this election only new recovery file, Brush steps unchanged third-party recovery img file and MT6592_Android_scatter file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWNmjzY successfully brushing third-party recovery,...

Sorry for the poor translation, it was chinese.
      Thank you, but the file is deleted

@rrileypm
      Is it the same zip file as for the previous version, but just installed through CWM ?

Comment

Yes. Its the same file as before.

I haven't tried it, though...because my tablet is already rooted with my ROM.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          ...Just use the tool from the ROM kit, uncheck everything except recovery...browse to select the CWM Recovery and flash as "Download Only".
          Done.
          Now I am stuck on the blue FNF5 starting screen
          I can reboot with the same result or boot into CMW.

Comment

[QUOTE=corfou;214956]Thank you, but the file is deleted

The author posted a new link...

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

[QUOTE=jackgar;215236]
              Originally posted by corfou View Post
              Thank you, but the file is deleted

The author posted a new link...

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3eLlJ3
              Thank you.

Problem solved.
              I have flashed the 1.1.2 again but with the CWM from the Riley rom
              Then a recovery install from the update.zip on the sd.
              Root checker confirm it : rooted.
              Thanks again to all of you.

Comment

Other small problem

Till now, all my androids items shared the internet bookmarks.
                But this is not true with the 4.4.2 version of the 3GS.
                It seems to me that a 4.4.2 version of "ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter"
                is missing. I cant find one.
                Any solution ?

Comment

New firmware update 2.0.0

I received a firmware update 2.0.0. I was on 1.1.2 with not rooted tablet. Do you see any improvement after this update or changing Dalvik to ART?

Comment

I have mine unbricked!!!!!!!

I tried running that rooting update multiple times, but I still don't have root.

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk

Hi Randy,

I got mine bricked too. I was stupid to pull out the USB cable when busy flashing with Flash tool.
                    My computer makes a ping when connecting the tablet but nothing happens.

How did you unbrick?

Comment

The way I did it was to hold down the volume - button (the one on the left) while pressing power.

This gets you to the super-duper-secret factory recovery screen. It's all in Chinese, so I just went through the menus trying ANYTHING. After a few minutes of fussing with it, it did a factory reset of the device and I was able to boot to the system.

Now, based on where you were when you pulled the plug in the flashing process...you may not achieve the results I did, but it's worth a try.

If you at least flashed the recovery partition successfully, you might also be able to boot to recovery and do a wipe/factory reset.

Otherwise, I haven't discovered how to get the tablet into Mask Mode...or if there even is such a thing with MTK devices.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

The way I did it was to hold down the volume - button (the one on the left) while pressing power.

This gets you to the super-duper-secret factory recovery screen. It's all in Chinese, so I just went through the menus trying ANYTHING. After a few minutes of fussing with it, it did a factory reset of the device and I was able to boot to the system.

Now, based on where you were when you pulled the plug in the flashing process...you may not achieve the results I did, but it's worth a try.

If you at least flashed the recovery partition successfully, you might also be able to boot to recovery and do a wipe/factory reset.

Otherwise, I haven't discovered how to get the tablet into Mask Mode...or if there even is such a thing with MTK devices.

Damn, that doesn't work.
                        Anyone have any other idea? Using a flash tool or something?

Comment

In the flash tool, did you select "download only"? You might try a different setting that will erase your device and start over from scratch.

That's if you can get the flash tool to recognize the tablet again.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

In the flash tool, did you select "download only"? You might try a different setting that will erase your device and start over from scratch.

That's if you can get the flash tool to recognize the tablet again.
                            Yep,

I selected download only. Will try different settings, but so far the tablet isn't recognized.

Comment

To bad, still not detected. Even after reinstalling the drivers.
                              When i connect the tablet i hear the "ding" when looking in device manager I see that my tablet is recognized. "MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (com10)"

But the flashtool doesn't reconigze. Anyone has any idea? Maybe another tool or something?

Comment

This is very strange. In this thread I earlier talked about a bricked tablet.
                                Well after contacting the seller, tehy asked for a video. So i was busy making one and when plugging it into the power it suddenly turned on and booted.
                                (I had the tablet on the power for a couple of hours before, but nothing happend).

WHoehoe!

Comment

Working...
                                X