Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is installed now in my 3GS. I dont know the Log changes. One thing i notice is less chinese apps.

Comment

They've fixed the ability to write to SD card...

No need to flash a different EBR file set to get more user app space.

Titanium Backup works.

I have a rooted ROM almost ready to go, but I'm turning in for the night. Stay tuned for RileyROM v1.3 sometime in the morning (US time).
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

답장: FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        They've fixed the ability to write to SD card...

No need to flash a different EBR file set to get more user app space.

Titanium Backup works.

I have a rooted ROM almost ready to go, but I'm turning in for the night. Stay tuned for RileyROM v1.3 sometime in the morning (US time).
        Could you check the fps? Now its 37fps on 1.1.0 version. I will update it if it has been changed more than 37fps. Thanks~ benchmark program is nenamark2.

Comment

I got 37.7
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

답장: FNF iFive Mini 3GS MTK6592 Octa Core Android 4.4 Kitkat Retina Touch Panel Phablet Launched

I got 37.7
            Unfortunately, nothing difference. I will keep this version. Thanks rrileypm!

Comment

I'm uploading v1.3 right now. Give it about 30 minutes and you can download it. I will make a proper thread for it in the morning. This one is rooted, with the above improvements that I've discovered.

Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

About the new firmware from 25-Jul 2014
                This is translated from: http://www.5fans.com.cn/forum.php?mo...26typeid%3D123

You've upgraded to the latest firmware version of the user, if you find the firmware exists BUG during use, please post in the feedback.

2 Brush Note: Must See
                1, the new firmware changes the storage mode, or the card does not support OTA upgrade new firmware brush, wire brush only
                2, wire brush tutorial download below Brush tool, tutorials, which have been packaged into tools, users will be able to see after decompression

3 Brush tool: [Download] Please click

Fix:

1 star search optimized GPS positioning capability.
                2. Cancel USB mass storage mode, MTP connection mode by default, the entire Flash as the internal storage.
                3 brightness adjustment system default is 69%.

Comment

Hahaha!!!! I figured most of that out on my own...which caused me some headaches initially. It took me a while through testing to determine that I was trying to fix a perceived problem that didn't need fixed.

So here's what you need to do:

1. Run the flash tool and verify that I got all of the file paths correct. Choose which recovery you want to flash (stock or cwm).
                  2. In the flash tool, change the mode from "download only" to "Format All + Download"...otherwise you will get an error.
                  3. Make sure you have a backup of your IMEI number because this flash will totally erase everything except your external SD.
                  4. With the tablet turned off, click "download" on the flash tool...then connect the tablet via USB and the flash process will start.
                  5. Once the flash is finished, unplug the USB and turn on the tablet in recovery mode by holding down the vol+ button and power. When you boot to recovery, do a wipe/factory reset. Then reboot the system.

The first boot will take a long time, so be patient.

If you go to settings/storage you will find that the storage structure has changed. Apps will be installed to your internal storage (I haven't found exactly where, yet...but I haven't spent a lot of time looking).

If you have an external SD, you can change the default write setting to the external SD.

I'm going to start a new thread for the RileyROM and copy this info to it.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

GPS doesn't work with 1.1.2 Firmware

Originally posted by mml78 View Post
                    About the new firmware from 25-Jul 2014
                    This is translated from: http://www.5fans.com.cn/forum.php?mo...26typeid%3D123

You've upgraded to the latest firmware version of the user, if you find the firmware exists BUG during use, please post in the feedback.

2 Brush Note: Must See
                    1, the new firmware changes the storage mode, or the card does not support OTA upgrade new firmware brush, wire brush only
                    2, wire brush tutorial download below Brush tool, tutorials, which have been packaged into tools, users will be able to see after decompression

3 Brush tool: [Download] Please click

Fix:

1 star search optimized GPS positioning capability.
                    2. Cancel USB mass storage mode, MTP connection mode by default, the entire Flash as the internal storage.
                    3 brightness adjustment system default is 69%.
                    My GPS stops after flashing the new firmware 1.1.2. Before that it was amazing - very fast and accurate. I can see sats but never lock. I think I will downgrade to 1.1.0

Comment

2. In the flash tool, change the mode from "download only" to "Format All + Download"...otherwise you will get an error..
                      But, what if I uncheck EBR1? Maybe the error is becase it changes the internal user app storage which is different in 1.1.0...what do you think?
                      Oh, and the 1.3 link doesn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by duscott View Post
                        My GPS stops after flashing the new firmware 1.1.2. Before that it was amazing - very fast and accurate. I can see sats but never lock. I think I will downgrade to 1.1.0
                        Is everyone which has upgraded to this new version having the same issue?
                        Did you manage to fix it, or finally downgraded?

Comment

My GPS is OK now

Originally posted by jackgar View Post
                          Is everyone which has upgraded to this new version having the same issue?
                          Did you manage to fix it, or finally downgraded?
                          Finally I decided to remain on 1.1.2. After a while GPS did fix, but it is about 5 times slower (to first fix). Also my tablet is not rooted and there is no way to hard reset so I don't want to risk to brick it by downgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by duscott View Post
                            Also my tablet is not rooted and there is no way to hard reset so I don't want to risk to brick it by downgrading.
                            So the root method by the stock recovery flashing a zip doesn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by jackgar View Post
                              So the root method by the stock recovery flashing a zip doesn't work?
                              Ni, this method doesn't work anymore.
                              I'm looking for a working one on 1.1.2

Comment

Originally posted by corfou View Post
                                Ni, this method doesn't work anymore.
                                I'm looking for a working one on 1.1.2
                                I have found this in the 5fans site where we download the 1.1.2 upgrade, someone says this:

"To root 3gs (firmware version 112), the first third-party recovery system in order to brush into the file before root.zip use wire brush into a third-party recovery, as I before "Memory modify" a text used in wire brush tool, But this election only new recovery file, Brush steps unchanged third-party recovery img file and MT6592_Android_scatter file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWNmjzY successfully brushing third-party recovery, then issued before the big root A paper copy of the root file into memory sdcard, then enter recovery mode (vol + and power button) can perform root of zip .... Note: This only applies firmware version 112, the other version does not apply"

Sorry for the poor translation, it was chinese.

Comment

Working...
                                X