CS918 - help to find the right Firmware, Kernel vyx_cs918 v2_1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    You have a 'fake' device with only 1GB of RAM advertised as 2GB.
    Lots of the TV Boxes are like that, it's faked in the stock ROM by the manufacturer and as soon as you flash a custom ROM the manufacturer's modifications are lost.
    You shocked me!!! But thanx for your answer. There is any chip of ram located on pcb? ehh...

Comment

Originally posted by Deivs View Post
      You shocked me!!! But thanx for your answer. There is any chip of ram located on pcb? ehh...
      There can be 4 rectangular chips of 256MB or 2 of 512MB, instead of 4 of 512mb(real 2GB).
      My TV Box CS918 was also fake 2GB RAM and also a Mediatek Star Cellphone I bought.
      The phone was 2GB RAM(real 1 GB), 1.7Ghz Octa-Core(real 1.3 Ghz Quad), HD Screen(real QHD), luckily the seller gave me a discount after I told him it was fake.

Better to only buy reputable brands and from known companies, instead of from **** or aliexpress.
      Geekbuying is going to offer lots of RK3288 TV Boxes very soon.

Comment

KK + YouTube = troubles...

I downloaded an KitKat 4.4 FW. This FW is quite good: playback through a network improved and additionally appeared superfluous 1Gb of RAM Funny: when I bought it was specified 1Gb, and now 2Gb. But there is a problem - youtube at video playback shows only black screen! At all so? At the moment I don't know what to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Creaturebis View Post
          I downloaded an KitKat 4.4 FW. This FW is quite good: playback through a network improved and additionally appeared superfluous 1Gb of RAM Funny: when I bought it was specified 1Gb, and now 2Gb. But there is a problem - youtube at video playback shows only black screen! At all so? At the moment I don't know what to do with it
          Hi. Interesting. Which FW? cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723au_4.4_140802_8G2G.rar ?

Comment

You got manufacturer modified 'fake' firmware.
            The manufacturers modify their firmware to make it appear as if there is 2GB of RAM but the actual hardware is still 1GB RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              You got manufacturer modified 'fake' firmware.
              The manufacturers modify their firmware to make it appear as if there is 2GB of RAM but the actual hardware is still 1GB RAM.
              Yet is funny that this Fake 2GB firmware is more stable than all the others I have tried.

What happens if running apps try to use more than the actual 1GB of ram installed.

Does the system crash ??

Hasn't happened to me yet but the 1GB kernals crash all the time. Ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Deivs View Post
                Hi. Interesting. Which FW? cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723au_4.4_140802_8G2G.rar ?
                Yes it is! If YouTube works for you, share please that version which you downloaded. On an baidu spread some versions with a difference in few days, I download, it seems, the last.

Thx mo123 for explanations.

Comment

Yes it is! If YouTube works for you, share please that version which you downloaded. On an baidu spread some versions with a difference in few days, I download, it seems, the last.

Thx mo123 for explanations.
                  Same problem with youtube.apk, dark screen, not possible to set location and not working google account calendar and favourites synchronization on stock browser. And yes, 2 Gb of RAM Will test later newest FW from Baidu. IF any tested, how much ram it shows
                  [
                  cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_140814_8G2G_14年hdmi_ic.rar]

Comment

Where it is possible to download this last version? Give me a link please

Comment

Where it is possible to download this last version? Give me a link please
                      http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?...698826&third=0 last firmware [
                      cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_140814_8G2G_14年hdmi_ic.rar]
                      with cpu working on frequency from 300-to 1400MHz, but I tested 1 gb ram version not 2 gb

Comment

FW cyxtech_rk31_cs918V6_8723_140829_4.4_8g2g, Total ram available: 1024MB, scr. resolution 1024x672, CPU clock speed dinamically changing from 312 to 1416MHz. For other options testing...
                        After testing: youtube.apk working well, WLan, Lan speed is ok, bluetooth working good. I don't see any problems with that firmware. I have cyx_cs918 v_2.3
                        Last edited by Deivs; 08-31-2014, 18:48. Reason: After testing

Comment

Yeah! ...Except bluetooth & wlan! Wi-Fi turns on, sees networks, can be connected, but speed is wery-wery-wery small. The same with bluetooth. Probably, there was some new version of a board (in the name of the file it is specified - v6) therefore doesn't work normally! I build a certain hybrid from two KitKat firmwares: from one kernel and boot, from other image of system. Also I added root. Now everything works normally: youtube and a wireless, but is a pity that there is no dynamic change of CPU frequency...
                          Last edited by Creaturebis; 08-31-2014, 10:42.

Comment

Would you share your modified firmwares with us?

Comment

Excuse me for long silence! Yes, certainly. Check, it seems, this archive: https://yadi.sk/d/_W5MqcRzbL6KH
                              KitKat 4.4 + Root, CYX CS918.
                              Last edited by Creaturebis; 09-09-2014, 20:45.

Comment

Excuse me for long silence! Yes, certainly. Check, it seems, this archive: https://yadi.sk/d/_W5MqcRzbL6KH
                                KitKat 4.4 + Root, CYX CS918.
                                Thank you brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X