CS918 - help to find the right Firmware, Kernel vyx_cs918 v2_1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow - 4.4 works good and looks good.

but i have the same stutter in xmbc (wasser, spmc) but i think the CPU is on 1008 MHZ. My last configuration was the lewy Q7 without WLAN - and it was stutterfree on 1400 MHZ.

I think we need a tweak to loose the handbreak with 1008 Mhz in the stuckfirmware.

the Benchmark is great:
    4.4 = 19452
    Stock 4.2 = 14982
    Q7 4.2 = 12000 (but best playback)

very strange

important ist the Display Setting 720p @ 50hz
    all Other stutter much more
    Edit 2:
    After 48h Testing - 4.4 ist Great for the box and Performance. But the stutter and jitter Playback is still the Same. I dont Know where ist the WORM. My old Apple TV (256mb t
    ram) Play all hd streams smooth. The Internet (LAN) Connection is Not the Problem. The Streaming Source too. I have do all Setups xbmc but i think the Hardware (accelerator) is two low and Slow.
    Edit 3:
    I give up After 3 month of try firmwares, Flashing, patching debugging. The cyx V2.1 Board is nothing for me. I Look the next Days for an Working alternative, Coast arround 100$? Any idea?
    Last edited by GabberG; 09-11-2014, 17:16.

Comment

or is it an Setup error in xbmc? i have so much tryed.

the jitter or Framedrops are - example_ when the camera go slow from left to right, few seconds are good. then 100(0)ms stand still, pulsate an then go flawless a few seconds. I will check the xbmc setting befor i throw the box out of the window. or is rk3188T so lame? i think the kitkat kernel is working good now.

Comment

Originally posted by GabberG View Post
        or is it an Setup error in xbmc? i have so much tryed.

the jitter or Framedrops are - example_ when the camera go slow from left to right, few seconds are good. then 100(0)ms stand still, pulsate an then go flawless a few seconds. I will check the xbmc setting befor i throw the box out of the window. or is rk3188T so lame? i think the kitkat kernel is working good now.
        Yes this Box sucks. Not enough memory and too slow.

Are you are running cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723au_4.4_140802_8G2G stock firmware ??

With the 13.1 XBMC already installed, it shows 3x the FPS speed compared to Wasser XBMC.

Average 75 FPS which I think makes for slightly smoother display if its accurate.

I am running Wasser version now and also get jerky panning shots a lot.

I tried 60Hz vs 50Hz and decides 60Hz was better for most of my videos are shot at 24fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Creaturebis View Post
          Excuse me for long silence! Yes, certainly. Check, it seems, this archive: https://yadi.sk/d/_W5MqcRzbL6KH
          KitKat 4.4 + Root, CYX CS918.
          Any chance of a 1080p kernel

Comment

Originally posted by dmarkey View Post
            Any chance of a 1080p kernel

I though that the Version of Wasser posted by Albertus was 1080P.

Frame rate dropped to less than 20FPS However so I left the display at 720P to keep the frame rate high.

This box is too slow for smooth 1080P.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonT View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post213544

give it a Version from this as 720 Kernel? i think this then is xbmc fluid.

Comment

Frame rate dropped to less than 20FPS However so I left the display at 720P to keep the frame rate high.

Would an overclocked cpu/gpu help?

Comment

I have wasser FW and no problems if u play FullHD movie not exceeded overall bitrate of 20 Mbps. I don't think this box parameters is so bad, only problem it is FW adjustment. Maybe I am wrong

Comment

We Need a wasser firmware With 720. the firmware from wasser has an 1080 kernel Inside. Postet from albertus. I have Write hin a PM but no answer Today.

Comment

Hi all,

Which 720p ROM version is stable for 1080p playback (I don't really need 1080p ROM)? I have the CYX CS918 v2_1 version and it stutter badly playing 1080p on 4.2.2 ROM.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwind View Post
                        Hi all,

Which 720p ROM version is stable for 1080p playback (I don't really need 1080p ROM)? I have the CYX CS918 v2_1 version and it stutter badly playing 1080p on 4.2.2 ROM.

Thanks

HELP ANYONE!

Comment

I had problems with video stuttering in xbmc/kodi on my CS918 (2GB/8GB).
                          After I installed SPMC (non official version of XBMC on PlayStore) everything works just fine. No stuttering any more.
                          There is some issue with RK3188 proc and regular XBMC/KODI.
                          In SPMC is implemented some fix for RK3188 proc.
                          I dont know what type of change is made (I'm beginer in this tv-box world) but it worked OK for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kolibri View Post
                            I had problems with video stuttering in xbmc/kodi on my CS918 (2GB/8GB).
                            After I installed SPMC (non official version of XBMC on PlayStore) everything works just fine. No stuttering any more.
                            There is some issue with RK3188 proc and regular XBMC/KODI.
                            In SPMC is implemented some fix for RK3188 proc.
                            I dont know what type of change is made (I'm beginer in this tv-box world) but it worked OK for me.

Thanks,
                            I will try SPMC. I must admit that I had not heard of SPMC before

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwind View Post
                              Thanks,
                              I will try SPMC. I must admit that I had not heard of SPMC before
                              Hi again,

I just tried SPMC but did not notice any improvements when playing 1080p videos. The quad-core 2GB/8GB box should be more than sufficient to handle 1080p stuff. Very disappointed with the ARM processor boxes.

Comment

Not ARM processor boxes, but 'bad' boxes using cheap eMMC/NAND and RAM and last but not least the crap** rk3188T instead of the good old rk3188 (without T)...
                                And don't forget the bad fw support at these 'bad' boxes (also no or no good 1080p support at the kernel)...

I know it doesn't help, but my good old 1. generation box with rk3188 and good mod fw is able to handle a lot of 1080p (also high bit rate) content (very) well...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X