Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Install

Bob,

Just loaded up 2.2. I thought I'd got 2.1 from the link but when I ran the loader turns out it was 2.2 but hey ho. So far so very, very good.

Thanks for your hard work on this. Makes the tablet look and respond much better.

Cheers!

Comment

thanks bob

just wanna say thanks to bob for this , as u know ive had a g2 for maybe 7 months , this was me finally getting #root and its pretty damn awesome, (first flash) heh i can compile a kernel but thats me just got round to flashing a droid , only thing that threw me was that lock screen , i thought id grabbed the wrong screen rom , anyways all good big thanks to my old pals bob,damo and not forgetting the bold harold for achieving the imposible , kudos troops !! ill be sure to write a blog post on the experience in near future and of course i wil give credit where credit is due.
      Last edited by cirrus; 08-19-2012, 01:44.
      http://www.cirrusminor.info

Comment

A little help please.

Hello all,

As always big thanks for everyones work, Bob, Harold, Damo and Petrus. Have used your Roms through development and have found them all far superior to the stock stuff.

Couple of questions:

Will Skype work and can it be updated? Which version if specific?
        BBC iplayer, does it work and what flash version? Can I update flash, BBC iPlayer?

The real issue I have is all flash went smoothly, tried to set up V6 everything seemed to go as planned but when I run the clean at the end it switches off and doesn't come back on? I can turn the tablet on and it boots fine to 2.2, when I run V6 in SManager it say 0%? The only thing that didn't seem to be in instructions was when it asked me about additional calculater settings so I said no. Otherwise all went as per instructions!

I thought if it was the clean causing the problem maybe I should try as someone else did and use the CWM to do davlick clean but right now I am struggling to find and access recovery console, trying the button combo so far no joy and resisting using reset button in case of other issues already discussed in this forum.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

Regards,
        Adrian

Couldn't access CWM using button combo tried a reboot app but just booted back to system.
        I've since flashed again but couldn't use gplay due to some error in downloading.
        Flashed again and touchscreen was behaving oddly so reflashing again now....

I have also noticed that Bobs instructions say after flash should format and reboot, mine goes to recovery, I have each time run a factory reset and rebooted myself it has never done so of its own accord? I am at the stage now for fourth time, wish me luck!

Love the rom from the first flash when all but v6 worked looks great.
        Last edited by adrian4design; 08-19-2012, 14:11.

Comment

RE: skype

adrian skype will work see my blogpost http://cirrusminor.info/2012/01/30/a...a-10g2-review/ heres the proper build http://www.4shared.com/android/0CiIP..._33554479.html
          http://www.cirrusminor.info

Comment

Just so everyone's clear, I have not contributed anything to the code that we're all running --- all I did was send a properly written inquiry to the right person at Archos to coax the source code out. Otherwise, I'm just an Android flashaholic who will put just about anything on my device to see what it does.

All the genius and credit for writing code that makes these things fun to use go to folks like Damo who makes things look pretty, Petrus, who helps make them usable, and Finless, who makes them possible.

I just get to watch and have fun.
            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

cwm error

hey guys dont know why but after i flashed the pro rom the other day i got my new class 10 sd card and copied all my stuff from the old one to the new one i put it in the tab and went into cwm to do a backup now i keep getting error while making image of data everything else is fine . no other problems ive tried to make a backup like three times same thing not sure where to go with this lord knows i really dont want to have to reflash again . any ideas
              freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

I tested Adhoc for the first time today with this ROM. It worked perfectly. Thanks, Bob!!!!

I don't know exactly how I'm ever going to use it, maybe once or twice a year. It is nice to know it is available in a pinch.

Randy
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Hi, I installed 2.2a this week and up to this point, I'm very happy with it.
                  Big thanks for it!!

I noticed, that CPU Spy wouldn't work with this Rom though.
                  Is there a way to make the CPU states readable for the app?

Thanks again.
                  ajna

Comment

Originally posted by ajna View Post
                    Hi, I installed 2.2a this week and up to this point, I'm very happy with it.
                    Big thanks for it!!

I noticed, that CPU Spy wouldn't work with this Rom though.
                    Is there a way to make the CPU states readable for the app?

Thanks again.
                    ajna
                    Would need the kernel source to do that as it needs to be turn on when compiling the kernel and no kernel source is available yet

Comment

also x 10b G2 capacitive

eliminating the problems I found in 2.1 (bluetooth and 3G) will be possible to have the 2.2 for 10b G2 Capacitive?
                      thanks

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Great job Bob, fast, no bloat, works good.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I haven't got round to saying it yet Bob but this ROM is fantastic. Keep up the good work. :-)

Comment

Is possible to install bluetooth dongle on this firmware? If No is there a way to do so maybe with another version ?

Comment

Yes it can be done. I have the Fenice drivers for BT. I just have no way to test as I do not have a BT dongle.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

BBC Iplayer

Guys,

Can anyone answer my earlier question:

Will Skype work and can it be updated? Which version if specific?
                                BBC iplayer, does it work and what flash version? Can I update flash, BBC iPlayer?

I had a few issues with installation but now seem to have everything working fine just took me about 4 flashes. Rom seems fast and smooth but maybe having some glitches, I haven't really had a chance to properly play with it yet.

Thanks as always for the great work.

Comment

Working...
                                X