NEW - Minix X7 Mini - wasser firmware 1.0.4 - KiKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterkant View Post
    Just wondering how did you make the XBMC passthrough option to work... After enabling pass through in settings, stereo material is still fine but with any DTS or DD sound I just get random noise on my receiver.

I've just migrated from a Quickshot / Beyond XBMC 3.3 setup on my Minix, and DTS worked fine, so this is not a receiver config issue.

It looks like the libmedia.so in Kitkat is not patched, unless wasser used a custom version with the patch, but in the case the XBMC version should be aware and use that patched version too.

Aside from the DTS pass through issue, this FW / XBMC combination works great. 1080p plays with no issues, fluid interface, everything looks more responsive than my previous setup and no problems so far. Great work!

Anyone has successfully played DTS/DD material with pass through in XBMC 13.1 in kitkat? maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks!
    I haven't done anything other than the two essential steps to get passthrough (DTS & DD):
    1. Set in android (settings->sound->output device) to SPDIF Passthrough
    2. Set in XBMC 'audio passthrough'
    This works..
    Please note that I'm connected to my A/V receiver (ONKYO) via an Optical Cable, not HDMI

Comment

Very good rom for T428, thank you!
      T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by drjf View Post
        I haven't done anything other than the two essential steps to get passthrough (DTS & DD):
        1. Set in android (settings->sound->output device) to SPDIF Passthrough
        2. Set in XBMC 'audio passthrough'
        This works..
        Please note that I'm connected to my A/V receiver (ONKYO) via an Optical Cable, not HDMI
        Trying to replicate your settings with Optical instead of HDMI i scrolled down on the android settings by mistake and found the extra option -> HDMI Passthrough. It was the last option and with no scroll bars, I never figured it even existed...

I can confirm that XBMC works like a charm, DTS and DD are working as they should.

Thanks for the reply and thanks Wasser for your work!! This is by far the best combination of FW and XBMC on the Minix Mini I've ever tried. Awesome job.

Comment

Sound issue

One issue i found in Wasser XBMC (Wasser Kitkat ROM) is this:
          While playing a video from the external_sd, the audio gets cut intermittantly, like for a fraction of a second, while playing. video continues to play,but audio gets cut in between..
          This happens with both multi-channel (DD5.1) and Stereo (MP3 audio) audios in the video file.

When I played the same in MX Player, i had no issue.

Comment

Bluetooth Issue

I do really like the rom. Thank you very much.

There is only one Major problem for me, which may result in me switching back to other roms...
            My bluetooth mouse cannot be paired to the device, unfortunately this issue seems to be a KITKAT bug.

Problem is best shown in this video (note, this is not my video or device, but the problem is exactly the same)

Anyone got a solution?
            (I provided google with a bug report)

Comment

I have similar problem with a another stick, I have to turn off wifi then pair. I have no problem connecting after even with wifi on.
              T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
                I have similar problem with a another stick, I have to turn off wifi then pair. I have no problem connecting after even with wifi on.
                \

I am connected through Ethernet cable, so wifi is disabled by default. Will try disabling Ethernet, you'll never know. To be continued

Comment

Originally posted by mister_tb View Post
                  I do really like the rom. Thank you very much.

There is only one Major problem for me, which may result in me switching back to other roms...
                  My bluetooth mouse cannot be paired to the device, unfortunately this issue seems to be a KITKAT bug.

Problem is best shown in this video (note, this is not my video or device, but the problem is exactly the same)

Anyone got a solution?
                  (I provided google with a bug report)
                  I have the same problem !
                  Tried to explain it twice, but never got response. Good idea to show with video !

Comment

WiFi tether seams to not work

wasser, thank you for great ROM!
                    I found one bug with tethering. On the last rom WiFi tether doesn't work for me. I can create hotspot, but my devices can't find it. I tried different apps, but they all didn't work.

Comment

Thanks Wasser !

This ROM is so much better than QS 3.1. YouTube plays much better and the Cursor looks much much better... more i can´t test for now... but iam happy how fast this is... AMAZING Job
                      ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

Airmouse problem

Ok, now I found next problem: can't use airmouse. It switches sound output to airmouse every time I use it. In QS3 this problem was fixed.

Comment

I made a Wall ...

Thanks for this nice ROM
                          ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

The best rom!! and I tested all of them out there

Just wondering one thing, since I don't use the Minix like a Media Hub because the wifi it is the worst, only 5 mb in the best cases. Ethernet goes to 25mb-30mb, So for streaming with wifi the minix is not good for me.
                            So I change the minix for a mini pc in my office (good for playing even some video games like FIFA or PES), And I use the minix for email checking and some other office things.
                            My doubt is if I can use the minix with a 1440x900 LCD monitor, of course using a HDMI to DVI adapter.

Any one knows if that would work? and if I have to change anything to get that resolution?

and really thanks to Wasser for the rom, the best!

Comment

is there going to be 1.0.4 version for mini too?

Comment

wasser firmware 1.0.4 for minix x7 mini released

Hi all,

wasser firmware 1.0.4 for minix x7 mini is released. For more infos please take a look at the first post

Enjoy!

wasser
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Working...
                                X