X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
    Ok, i've been all day using the MK809II with the 5.1V 2.1A and have been working flawless!

I haven't flashed the OC Kernel, but i did place the FusedLocation.apk after that Play Store worked again (wasn't working after root).

Everything worked great now.

On Netflix "Example Short 23,976" works max at 1750 kbs 480p, still... i'm behind a router as repeater because of weak wifi hardware and that reduce speed... Also i don't have "el fuerte" test on my country

Anyway... Just to enjoy Kit Kat now...

By the way wich xbmc, because the original gotham does not works good :/

Thanks for everything Shomari!

...aja, lla viste? Le faltaba jugo para beber ..

Some people swear by BeyondXBMC but that's just a rip of Koying's optimizations for Rockchip; I prefer the official XBMC versions myself which develop along the lines of android and mediacodec in general (as opposed to rockchip specific which is not bad either)

So I'd suggest the XBMC 14.0 alpha nightlies, that's what I use now. But the choice is yours and they all suit different tastes. Be careful with the OC kernel, it will test that 2.1a charger for sure, so make sure the stick is stable and keep backups when/if you do flash an OC kernel.

Here's my device's kernel, different from one in OP: (only for those wanting bleeding edge 4.4.2 RK3066 performance in 1080p as you can see from the scores I really push it) http://ge.tt/9II67Wn1/v/0?c

I'd imagine this thing would absolutely fly with a 720 kernel. I tested my stick so far and it passed all my stability macros (I don't just rely on benchmarks) so I'm hoping this holds me over for a while.
    Last edited by Shomari; 07-07-2014, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• gatorojo
    replied
    Ok, i've been all day using the MK809II with the 5.1V 2.1A and have been working flawless!

I haven't flashed the OC Kernel, but i did place the FusedLocation.apk after that Play Store worked again (wasn't working after root).

Everything worked great now.

On Netflix "Example Short 23,976" works max at 1750 kbs 480p, still... i'm behind a router as repeater because of weak wifi hardware and that reduce speed... Also i don't have "el fuerte" test on my country

Anyway... Just to enjoy Kit Kat now...

By the way wich xbmc, because the original gotham does not works good :/

Thanks for everything Shomari!

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    I'm about done tweaking and digging in this ROM. For being one of the first RK3066 KK devices I'd say it runs pretty well.

It's now my daily driver, has all the features I need and good stability. Happy tweaking everyone and good luck.

Even antutu scores are good for a 1080p kernel using 720 overlay. Sorry for those that jumped on the RK3188 bandwagon..

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    ....your phones must not be MTK devices. . . .

Leave a comment:

• optimummind
    replied
    Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    ...yeah you've had mighty terrible luck so far. Hopefully another ROM comes along that somehow works with your device. It's crazy none of the two worked properly
    Yea, I know, right? One of them, everything works except WiFi. The other, the TV keeps on blacking out. With phones, it's so much easier, LOL~

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    ...yeah you've had mighty terrible luck so far. Hopefully another ROM comes along that somehow works with your device. It's crazy none of the two worked properly

Leave a comment:

• optimummind
    replied

...swap the .ko files in /system/lib/modules - grab the rkwifi and mt5931.ko modules and put them in the other ROM. Worth a try but it's a long shot. Only seen I work maybe once
    Still no go. Copied over the modules into the Ugoos 4.4.2 ROM, rebuilt ROM, then flashed. The flash was successful, the UG007-II booted up just fine, no black screen freeze, but no WiFi. This has been so frustrating. 😡

I'm gonna give up now and just wait until Ugoos releases their official non-beta 4.4.2 update.

Thank you for your tips & suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    CWM Flashable OC Kernel

This kernel is overclocked, up from 1512/240/396 ↑ 1608/400/600

Same as OC kernel in first post, made CWM flashable for easy testing as some users don't know how/are unable to flash with RK Tools.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Any chance of getting ported to the x5 and x5 mini from minix ?

Leave a comment:

• optimummind
    replied

...swap the .ko files in /system/lib/modules - grab the rkwifi and mt5931.ko modules and put them in the other ROM. Worth a try but it's a long shot. Only seen I work maybe once
    Alright, thx~ Will report back again.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied

Originally posted by optimummind View Post
    Where are the .so files located at? I'll give it another shot.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Leave a comment:

• optimummind
    replied

Maybe you can try pulling the .so files for the wifi from the ROM here and placing them in the Ugoos ROM. You can use Sergio Poverony's tool for that in Windows and rebuild/flash.
    Where are the .so files located at? I'll give it another shot.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Maybe you can try pulling the .so files for the wifi from the ROM here and placing them in the Ugoos ROM. You can use Sergio Poverony's tool for that in Windows and rebuild/flash.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Usb debugging doesn't affect flashing, hat happens in another layer.

They both have the proper 2.XX loader for KK. I guess something about this kernel disagrees with your device. Unsure what wihout at least a dmesg from a running system

Leave a comment:

• optimummind
    replied

This ROM is better overall but the other has transparent bars as the low ram flag is not enforced in the build properties as it is in this one. I think location services might be enabled in the other one without modding as well.
    I tried 2 ways and both have resulted in fail. 😌

(1) Using Batchtool v2.1, I ran first the Erase routine and flashed the Ugoos 4.4.2 update.img file. My UG007-II booted up fine. In Settings, as expected, I couldn't toggle on the WiFi. It says "Turning on WiFi" indefinitely.

I rebooted into mask mode and using Batchtools v2.1, I flashed just the kernel from your 4.4.2 ROM. Batchtools said the flash was successful but my UG007-II boot loops at the black screen with a giant green Android robot.

In addition to the kernel, am I supposed to flash something else at the same time? Like Loader or something?

(2) Using Sergio's RK3XXX Firmware tool, I built my own custom ROM. After extracting the firmware from the Ugoos 4.4.2, I replaced just the kernel with your 4.4.2 kernel.

After rebuilding the ROM and renaming the img file to update.img, I flashed the rebuilt ROM using Batchtools v2.1, again running the Erase function first.

The UG007-II just boot loops constantly into mask ROM mode.

What else can I try at this point? Does the USB Debugging option have to be on or off before each flash?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X