• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enviro8
    replied
    Some Ideas

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
    Thanks for that. I just managed to get the rom flashed.

With that I am having a few issues.

I want to flash the 6gb parameter file. Can anyone give me a hand with that?

Finless's tool simply refuses to see the device and the RKbatch tool doesn't have a spot for the parameter file.
    I had a number of problems with connection too. I found that you have to activate Developer Options, the with the dongle connected to both a PC and TV and the PC connected via the USB OTC AND USB power. With RK BatchTool opened, plug in everthing and go to Settings -> USB and make sure there is a tick next to Connect to PC. The unit always reboots with no tick.

You should hear a noise from your PC to indicate a connection and the RK BatchTool will confirm connection.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied

Finless's tool simply refuses to see the device and the RKbatch tool doesn't have a spot for the parameter file.
    Don't know about the parameter file, haven't looked at the partitions for that purpose. KK is different, of course.

Use Rockchip Batch Tool 2.1 linked here in this thread.

The ROM has all the necessary components for Netflix HD that we know of, API level 19, DRM components, etc. Users report a max bitrate of 1750, same maximum as any other RK ROM at this point. My guess is it's up to Netflix to flip the HD switch, but that's for another thread and not really ROM specific.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon72
    replied
    Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
    It is not HD and it is not even 720p

Leave a comment:

• gopichandpai
    replied
    So what's the consensus on the Netflix app? Is it HD or not?
    It is not HD and it is not even 720p

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    No problem. Be sure to enter the wifi settings > advanced and disable the battery saving optimizations to ensure best wireless performance.

Leave a comment:

• jukiveins
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    My main wifi attains speeds of 100Mbps (actual speed not just wifi link) and other routers max their connection just as well.

Mine isn't in the same room as my router. Not even close. As far as micro-stutter, I'm very perceptive when it comes to video and I haven't had any micro-stutter on any of my RK3066 devices for at least a year. That's pretty much a solved issue, I think. No stutter at all on this ROM, and that's with the included stock kernel being 1080p w/ overlay.
    Thank you, Shomari. Now I'm gonna definitely try it out.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    My main wifi attains speeds of 100Mbps (actual speed not just wifi link) and other routers max their connection just as well.

Mine isn't in the same room as my router. Not even close. As far as micro-stutter, I'm very perceptive when it comes to video and I haven't had any micro-stutter on any of my RK3066 devices for at least a year. That's pretty much a solved issue, I think. No stutter at all on this ROM, and that's with the included stock kernel being 1080p w/ overlay.

Leave a comment:

• jukiveins
    replied
    Does this ROM suffer from microstuttering on every video? I'm trying to find a solution to this problem ever since I own a RK3066 device. How is the Wi-Fi on this ROM - what speeds are you reaching? I can't try it right now, so I'm gathering opinions before flash.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon72
    replied
    So what's the consensus on the Netflix app? Is it HD or not?

Wifi dropping out seems to be fixed but the slow speed is still a factor.

The 3D benchmarks are low but what about the games? anyone play any? Anyone compared to the 4.1 to the 4.2 to the 4.4?

And BT has been a pain for me and I think it is the Mx1's metal case. I may rip mine apart and put a heatsink and fan on it and load up the OC rom

And last but not least any app incompatibility? Anyone having issues with an app that simply wont install/run?

and an FYI I will be putting this rom on and testing to see if I can get my 750gig USB harddrive to be my NAND like I have setup right now on the 4.1 rom. So awesome to have 30+ LARGE games installed and still have 157 gigs availible for installation of more apps. Because I agree 8 gigs is not enough and especially when they cut that down to 2gig VIA the partition.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by gekubo View Post
    Ok, thanks! I will give another try when I'll get some free time. Thanks for posting this rom, it is working perfectly and I don't really care about BT cause I don't use it really use often (wifi direct it's doing its job) and about location, I'm not used to move my TV

Thank up!
    ..ha!

Leave a comment:

• gekubo
    replied
    Ok

I don't know how your build prop is in chinese; it's in english in the ROM. It's also not necessary to swap the bluetooth files, that's why your bluetooth is not functioning.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the thread but you should read the first post once again and backtrack the procedure carefully before proceeding again. Best of luck and sorry if things weren't/aren't as clear as they should be.

Ok, thanks! I will give another try when I'll get some free time. Thanks for posting this rom, it is working perfectly and I don't really care about BT cause I don't use it really use often (wifi direct it's doing its job) and about location, I'm not used to move my TV

Thank up!

Leave a comment:

• enviro8
    replied
    Then rooted my device, and after that placed the fused location apk and bluetooth files inside their respective folders. What else can I do?
    I had a lot of trouble turning on Location even following #130 but I finally worked out how.

After copying FusedLocation.apk to /system/app, changing the permissions and rebooting as per post #130, go into Settings -> Location

If it is greyed out, click and hold down on the upper right corner of the screen around near where the time is displayed and a white line will display around 1/3 of a screen width. (I used a wireless mouse)

While still holding down move over the white line and drag it down.

A box will form with 6 panels, panel 6 is Locations and will be greyed out.

Release the mouse and click and hold down on the Location box for several seconds and the logo will change to bright indicating that Location in now on.

When the button is released you will find that Location is now on

Leave a comment:

• sauruou
    replied
    help me!!!

pls, xbmc 13.1 doesn't passthrouth DTS via HDMI in Imito mx1 RK3066. How i can passthrouth dts same MX player in xbmc?

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

I've read and done all the procedures mentioned in the thread. That's why I posted my question. As I said I cannot do anything in my build prop cause is in chinese.

I installed this with rockchip batchtool:

Factory download link ↓:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3wj19r02k...4.4_140617.rar

Then rooted my device, and after that placed the fused location apk and bluetooth files inside their respective folders. What else can I do?
    I don't know how your build prop is in chinese; it's in english in the ROM. It's also not necessary to swap the bluetooth files, that's why your bluetooth is not functioning.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the thread but you should read the first post once again and backtrack the procedure carefully before proceeding again. Best of luck and sorry if things weren't/aren't as clear as they should be.

Leave a comment:

• gekubo
    replied
    Checked

The kernel is already 1080p; it uses overlay which can be disabled in the build prop. That and how to enable location settings is all covered in this thread. Refer to the first post for all the relevant links (or read the thread straight out)

I've read and done all the procedures mentioned in the thread. That's why I posted my question. As I said I cannot do anything in my build prop cause is in chinese.

I installed this with rockchip batchtool:

Factory download link ↓:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3wj19r02k...4.4_140617.rar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X