Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Freakbox by Freaktab.com

Hello Community,

The Time has come we have Build our own Android TV Box for you.
    Here are the Technical Specs of our Box.

Processor — Rockchip RK3188 (4x Cortex-A9 cores @ 1.6GHz) with 533MHz Mali 400 MP4 GPU

RAM — 2GB DDR3 SDRAM

Flash:
    Internal — 8/16 GB NAND flash
    Expansion — SD card slot (supports up to 32GB)

Network:
    WiFi — 2.4/5GHz dual-band 802.11 b/g/n; external antenna (supplied)
    LAN — 10/100 Ethernet Base-T (RJ-45)
    Bluetooth 4.0
    USB — 3x USB Host ports

A/V ports:
    HDMI v1.4 — full HD; 1080p@30fps
    A/V output — 3.5mm jack
    S/PDIF out

Multimedia compatibility:
    Video decoding — MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC 1920x1080p@60fps
    Video encoding — H.264, VP8, MVC@1080p
    Audio containers — MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A,
    Images — JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, JFIF; up to 8192 x 8192 resolution
    Streaming protocols — DLNA, Wimo

Power:
    5V DC @2A wall plug-in power supply (included)
    Consumption (measured) — 3-4W active; 2W idle; 1W standby
    Dimensions (measured) — 160 x 117 x 26mm (6.3 x 4.6 x 1.0 inches)
    Operating system — Android 4.4 Custom Version by Freaktab.com included Custom Kernel and System

The Android Kernel and the System will be Build from Source means no Modded Firmware.
    Also, you will get Community Support from Freaktab.com and also Firmware Updates.
    This we will Guaranty for min. Of 2 years!

Ray

Question

Whats the price point going to be...Why not 3288?
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

The Price will be 149 USD incl. shipping for the 32GB Version.
      The RK3288 is not ready for Market yet.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P7-L10

Comment

Re: The Freakbox by Freaktab.com

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        The Price will be 149 USD incl. shipping for the 32GB Version.
        The RK3288 is not ready for Market yet.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P7-L10
        ...the 32GB version? Do you mean the 16GB version or will there actually be a 32GB model for $149?

Comment

Q
          Where to buy?
          Will there be EU warehouse selling this unit?

The unit looks like a Ugoos UT2 32gb box... can you confirm this?
          -if yes.. for those how allready own a box.. can the buy in... to get 2y support/custom fw ect?

What makes your firmware/unit unique?
          This box.. has a real rk3188 chip? ( not a rk3188t)

Will it..
          Have a real 1080p kernel?
          A custom made xbmc?
          Netfix, hulu plus, iplayer,... hd support?
          Dolby/dts passthrough ?
          Vpn ?

What pre-installed app will it have?
          Will the unit be.. user/newbie friendly? (Fully working out-off the box)

Can you post a review.. (preferable.. youtube vid)

Anyway.. looking good

Comment

Linux? Decent video drivers / hardware decoding?

Comment

2yrs is actually a very long support cycle. I commend your ambition. But, there will be clones, copies and bootleggers - along with almost certain interruptions in supply (asian market getting better but not there yet) and availability of materials.

Will the devices and software adhere to closed source, proprietary software principles or remain true to the collaborative spirit and intent of the pre-commercialized Freaktab?

I'm asking because I admire your vision and ambition with this project, and would like some guidance regarding the future direction of the forum with relation to this new venture.

If it's not open, stable and consistent, then the vision will ultimately fail due to market redundancy. There's one true thing that sets Freaktab apart, and that's the collaboration and sharing. If that sentiment remains intact going forward, I'm in 100%.

Very good news overall and best of luck to all the brave members behind this venture!

Comment

Lilputing

Nice....
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  2yrs is actually a very long support cycle.
                  The 2 years starts from today, not from the day you buy it.
                  j/k

Comment

...well, I can guarantee they'd be the only ones supporting anything RK3188 two years out from now. That can be a good or bad thing. Depends if you're looking at it from a business or consumer's perspective.

RK3188 will be obsolete in two years.

Comment

I can see all sides of the potential upsides and downsides of a project such as this.

However, when you look through the forums, there are copious requests for this and that feature and functionality for all the boxes and sticks out there, with lots of updates that add this and fix that.

What this does is give rise to the opportunity for people to be able to buy something that out of the box will just do what they want it too, without the need to pick out things that are just not to their liking or expectation.

With the collaboration of people that have created this box, their knowledge and expertise fine tuned to give us end users the benefit of their work and creativity, there is likely more chance of an immediate success rate.

We all want to buy things that just work.

Yes, the 3188 will almost certainly be considered old tech in two years compared to what will have come along but that doesn't mean that it won't be able to continue to do what most people actually want.

There are millions out there still happily using what we might see as old tech.

The key to it's success at the time of release is the implementation of all the features that are often requested and stability.

Without these things, there could be a danger of things falling down.

This we will have to see but on the basis that so many of us come on here week after week, reaping the rewards of the efforts of the devs etc, I would suggest that there is great trust in the people providing these things.

Somebody asked earlier on about shipping in the EU etc, which does beg the question of what the distribution strategy is and the availability of the numbers of boxes to cope with anticipated demand.

Perhaps this is opportunity to kickstart just one of a range of boxes that the team can provide for the next generations of tech and develop a viable business in one hand, whilst still giving time and effort free with the other.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

As I said earlier in another thread, I enjoy seeing such an ambitious venture and have a very positive outlook on it, actually.

Consistency, don't forget about consistency. Not just philosophical consistency, but materials and build rate consistency. That's one of the reasons I was shocked to see RK3188 chosen. It's been speculated (though not confirmed) that the spate of RK3188T chips had arisen due to a lapse in RK3188 availability. Really all these questions I pose are just me thinking out loud in a sense; but this place is and has been a goldmine as far as R&D for tv sticks and boxes go so I know the Freakbox baseline will be well above anything else available on the market, at least initially. What happens when the first clones hit the market short after release is another issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                          As I said earlier in another thread, I enjoy seeing such an ambitious venture and have a very positive outlook on it, actually.

Consistency, don't forget about consistency. Not just philosophical consistency, but materials and build rate consistency. That's one of the reasons I was shocked to see RK3188 chosen. It's been speculated (though not confirmed) that the spate of RK3188T chips had arisen due to a lapse in RK3188 availability. Really all these questions I pose are just me thinking out loud in a sense; but this place is and has been a goldmine as far as R&D for tv sticks and boxes go so I know the Freakbox baseline will be well above anything else available on the market, at least initially. What happens when the first clones hit the market short after release is another issue.
                          Absolutely and I wasn't in any way trying to dismiss your concerns because there are potential business pitfalls there and as I said, I can see both sides of the debate.

I would guess that the reason for the choice of RK3188 is because that is an area where much focus and knowledge has been attained by the support given and from an overall standpoint, that is perhaps what the devs are most comfortable with.

The Amlogic S802 etc is relatively new and perhaps has more pitfalls at this point in time in terms of providing the closest thing to a perfect box.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

...I'm still using RK3066 and utterly refuse to 'upgrade' to RK3188. I just had a back and forth the other day with a fellow 'freaker' on google+ about the poor relative performance of RK3188 compared to RK3066. It's crazy ... my ancient MK808B gets 15.5K in antutu and runs perfectly stable, same with another RK3066 that's even running Kit Kat. RK3188 in my case would make zero sense. Still, no way they could have gone with something like s802 and still keep the golden freaktab touch so I certainly see the wisdom in their choice.

Besides, this is first run to market. Imagine what comes next.

Comment

About the specs one detail.
                              i really hope that the wifi being 2,4/5Ghz. Don't connect to n wifi only at 65 because only one antena is logic that the wifi only capture one stream for each band
                              I help with 4GD663269M466950W
                              And you ????
                              --
                              My devices:
                              Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
                              Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Working...
                              X