The Freakbox by Freaktab.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Yes the Wifi is Dual Band 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz.
    Also, we use the RK3188 CPU because it is the most Stable out there, with the right Firmware from us you will get that what you need. A Working Firmware in 1080p with good Video Playback and Power.
    Also, we Plan to Support Linux in Future.
    For the CPU it is a Real RK3188 CPU no T Model. This is the main Problem, you can get a lot of Boxes for cheap, but all with the RK3188-T Model.

Neomode

Comment

This is just a rebranded Ugoos Ut2, isn't it?

In my opinion, there are tons of rk3188 with good support. If you want make the difference, you should make it running with Linux, using omegamoon's kernel or newest 3.10 source by Rockchip. Radxa Rock is a good example.

If not, I don't see much difference with other boxes. Custom firmware and custom kernels have already being made for other devices, compiling from scratch with RKSDK.

I am not sure, but this project reminds to the JXD 7800 pwnage project that came to nothing.

Good luck with the project in any case.

Comment

This Project has nothing to do with the Pwnage Project. That was a complete different Project.
        Why it fails, we don´t know. The only we are made for this was the Firmware.
        For the Freakbox it is different, we run the Project now for about 5 Weeks and have done good Progress
        I think. In 4 Weeks we are ready for Sale. We make our own Firmware from SDK and the Kernel also.
        First, we Support Android after this there will be Linux. A running Linux Kernel we have.

Neomode

Comment

Good idea, is it worth the price

I would like to know where your going to purchase this through, perhaps Amazon? I also hope to see local US shipping from US warehouse.

I'm concerned the price is quite high, I know perhaps your paying for the support, but this is an old chipset and it's easy to find around 100.00 price point or under for a very comparable system.

I will watch as I have two family members that want a new Android TV box or stick and if they release this with a bit of a sale price closer to 100.00 then I will have them go with it over say Minix X7, or newer X8.

Thanks for the great new choice.
          Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Good idea but soon we will see box with hdmi 2.0, gigabyte ethernet, 802.11ac like Ugoos UT3. Why not affiliate with radxa for next gen tv-box since radxa team is realy pushing hard on linux instead of android, so you could take developpement for android on that hardware?
            T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Excellent.
              When will you be selling?

Comment

Very good Idea but I'm not sure about the hardware...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                  Very good Idea but I'm not sure about the hardware...
                  Agree. Especially the Mali 400 GPU seems to be a serious bottleneck.

Comment

I hope you guys do worldwide delivery.

Comment

I truly support this initiative! A non-commercial, cummunity-maintained device is almost too good to be true. A big THANK YOU to the devs.
                      Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
                      Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
                      Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
                      Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
                      Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

How will this rk3188 boxvary from the devices we have been working w for the past year? Do youhave further access to hardware as programmers you were limited from before? You all have my support

Comment

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
                          How will this rk3188 boxvary from the devices we have been working w for the past year? Do youhave further access to hardware as programmers you were limited from before? You all have my support
                          My guess is that the devs will try to incorporate all the pros of the currently available devices into the Freakbox and leave out all the cons as much as possible. And they will have full control of the hardware, otherwise it would be a not so usefull experiment.
                          Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
                          Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
                          Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
                          Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
                          Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

Ugoos UT2... BUT with a freaktab FW
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Is this available for delivery yet?

The site says availability in stock but then further down it states that it is expected to be Ready on around mid-Sept.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                                Is this available for delivery yet?

The site says availability in stock but then further down it states that it is expected to be Ready on around mid-Sept.
                                They are just taking preorders for it currently...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X