The Freakbox by Freaktab.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

I'll put it up on hotukdeals as a deal to promote it more as I see that one of the shipping bases is in the UK, so may well go down well.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Done.

Update: Scratch that for now. The site has decided to remove the deal citing 'We may occasionally remove deals if we feel the merchant in question does not have adequate contact and/or registration details or is newly registered or otherwise considered unsuitable. Generally speaking we only allow established UK based companies, although allowances on the above will always be made for merchants who have a strong reputation with our members.'

I've asked them to reconsider based upon the reputation of Freaktab itself, so hopefully they will restore it.

Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-22-2014, 05:31.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

MVC-3D

I'm looking for a new mediaplayer that can play uncompressed full 3D Movies (MVC-3D, frame packed). Is this possible with the Freakbox? The specs. say MTC 1080@60 Hz, does this meen it does?

Thanks!

Comment

What is the diffrent between this and the minix x7 in hardware?

Comment

(re-posted here as it appears more appropriate)

OK it's a bit late but some thoughts about the freakbox project......

Maybe there is a slightly different tack that could be taken as apposed in future to designing/building a completely 'new' tv box?

An obvious observation from the world of the web is that new improving hardware is being produced all the time by established and new creators, here's some examples of 'interesting hardware' being developed or already out their for customisation: -

Basic power but customised : Raspberry Pi Slice

Powerful but in need of customisation+case : Odroid XU3

Powerful and cased but software customisation required (IMHO) : CuBox-i4Pro

Probably the next generation/designed M8's : Zoomtak M8

Yeah, yeah, I can already here the doubters, the idea I'm trying to describe is the use of already available SBC's and the creation of something more than the SBC but an evolved 'designed' boxed device that has multiple options of use - this way you don't corner yourselves into a 'niche' market that is already crowded. Small enough to be a small set-top-box but powerfull enough to be a tv box / linux / android computer - effectively a solid state NUC.

Anyway, that would be my holy grail ...........

For those still reading this post - two hopefully helpful suggestions I would make specifically for this and other freaktab tv boxes would be: -

1. Improved air flow.

From past experience (using an M8) either the inclusion of a silent slow running heatsink fan and air vent holes on the top (could be creative and encircle your freakbox round top logo with round air vents) or just air vents on the top - yeah people say these sorts of things shouldn't be needed and any instability is software/firmware related - with 25yrs of IT experience this argument doesn't stack up 100% of the time IMHO

2. A selectable country specific PSU at order point.

i.e. US 2-pin, EU 2-pin and UK 3-pin PSU's - please don't cheapen your unit buy shipping UK buyers 2-pin PSU's with 3-pin adapters or offer to supply the units without PSU's.

From the original price point discussed here, I see from your deicated website that the price point for the inital freakbox has dropped to 77 euros or more if storage increased to 32GB - great news!

The inital freakbox looks like a really great design with the above caveats.

Can I order from this website but have a specific UK 3-pin PSU please ...................... after all if you're shipping stock from the UK it couldn't be that difficult to swap out the 2-pin PSU pictured for a UK specific 3-pin version surely?

Comment

No news for three month? Is this project dead already?

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                No news for three month? Is this project dead already?
                Oh yes, there's news. On October 23rd the team announced on their Facebook page that the Rom is finally ready and that the boxes will be on their way.
                Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
                Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
                Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
                Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
                Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

Is this available to buy now?

Comment

Whats the status of the Freakbox? When will shipping begin?

Comment

My Questions about the FreakBox before I buy

Oh guys I am really happy to read that!

But before I buy my questions:
                      -Why not more power? You have 3 USB + 1 USB OTG Port on that device!
                      I relly don't like the 5V 2A Adapter.
                      I think the power consumtion could be BRAKE your device. (Hope you know what I mean, just reboot if to much power from usb is sucked)

-What is about DTS/DD/AC3 Passthrough?
                      Does it work. Also with real 5.1 sound and also over toslink?

-Did you think about HDMI-CEC (control the device with remote from the tv itself)
                      That works really good with the raspbery pi and openelec.
                      You can give than a discount of some bugs for buyers if they not choose an remote.
                      OR
                      -Did the device have a ir-sender
                      So I you can't provide HDMI-CEC you can just build an app to learn from existing remotes.
                      You can give than a discount of some bugs for buyers if they not choose an remote.

-Can I flash uboot and openelec
                      as secend os or other secend, maybe third os'ses?

-What is about a real Android L or Android-TV os

Think android-tv would be nice for android-tv or?
                      Or is that possible cos you need the rockchip sdk?

-3D (e.g. SideBySide) over HDMI
                      Can I use my 3D functions with that device?
                      Also in 1080p.

-Wake up over HDMI
                      Can I wake up the device over HDMI or only over own remote?

-Startup time
                      Can you give some facts?

-LTS Firmware Updates
                      I would really like if you can put some bugs of the money you get from buyers, directly into the development. I think the developer from oneplusone give cyanogen 7$.
                      I don't really know how we could make this possible, but it would be great if we can create kind of "spending money for new firmware" method. If you see all thoose mobilephones and all thoose android tv boxex. They build once a firmware, perhaps one or two updates and then you can throw the box into the garbage. This is really sad. In my opinion ROM's don't must be free availible. Spending some bugs to get free access for example (later) to a new android6 rom.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
                      -Where can I buy FreakBox?
                      Perhaps CyberMonday-Deal would be nice!

Greetings by DuHaudegenDu
                      I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
                      Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330
                      PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328
                      More Info and photos of pcb here.
                      Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
                      But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                        [...]
                        Also, you will get Community Support from Freaktab.com and also Firmware Updates.
                        This we will Guaranty for min. Of 2 years! [...]
                        Wow. Nice support so far. No answers to questions in the official forum, no answers to questions on the facebook page. Last update: "Now all is done and you get your Boxes" is almost 6 weeks back and no signs of anybody that actually received a box. Even chinese sellers give better support nowadays...
                        Really great work guys

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                          Wow. Nice support so far. No answers to questions in the official forum, no answers to questions on the facebook page. Last update: "Now all is done and you get your Boxes" is almost 6 weeks back and no signs of anybody that acutally received a box. Even chinese sellers give better support nowadays...
                          Really great work guys

Sorry for that. Of course we will give Support for our Boxes.
                          Please do understand we all do it here free of Charge.
                          Also i will answer the Questions, later that Day.

Regards
                          Ray Trunk a.k.a Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                            Please do understand we all do it here free of Charge.
                            Oh, i really thought you make some money with these boxes. If this is not the case i have to apologize for my previous sarcasm .

But nevertheless i believe you should give a short update on the status of the box.

Comment

Would be still happy about some answears:

Greetings by DuHaudegenDu
                              I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
                              Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330
                              PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328
                              More Info and photos of pcb here.
                              Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
                              But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

Wheres the box? Free? Like the "free" Android app authors who get rich from their free apps? Like XBMC addon authors who get big bucks from their addons? (every wonder why apps & addons must "update" daily, sometimes more than daily & you see no changes?. Have you heard of data mining? Maybe "update" means the author is pulling an update from you?)

Wheres the box?

Comment

Working...
                                X