Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it'll be good if Ultimate_Xbmc could have a second release version which could be installed as a 2nd instance alongside Gotham and not using same configuration like /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ etc. and leaving them for the first smaller Gotham instance?

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
      it'll be good if Ultimate_Xbmc could have a second release version which could be installed as a 2nd instance alongside Gotham and not using same configuration like /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ etc. and leaving them for the first smaller Gotham instance?
      It does not matter what version of xbmc you use, such as this one
      Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

which is optimized for many Android devices inc Rockchip stuff, this version has a different default save path for the .xbmc folder - you just need to find it and replace it, the same way - works fine - just can't off the top of my head remember what God called it - but it is in the Android/data/ folder. That way you can run ultimate and a default Gotham version or run Beyond and do the same thing or run all 3 - there are more out - google is your friend.

Team UX
      Last edited by ultimatexbmc; 08-01-2014, 09:36.
      Team UX
      http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

That's not possible as your version as I said uses my current path for Gotham add-ons in /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/

Comment

That's not possible as your version as I said uses my current path for Gotham add-ons in /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/
          Delete this whole folder org.xbmc.xbmc then re-run Gotham and you will have a shiny new basic version of Gotham installed, then install God's stuff as linked above and you will now have 2 xbmc's to play with - then re-read what we posted above

UX team
          Team UX

Comment

But I want to keep my current Gotham version and its add-ons as I said which is the whole point of having yours as a second version.

Comment

But I want to keep my current Gotham version and its add-ons as I said which is the whole point of having yours as a second version.
              So install Gods and copy our .xbmc to the location it creates (re-read other posts to you), you will then have two seperate desktop icons so to speak, one running UX and your original will still remain untouched. If you think you can merge xbmc setups, then that's just not how it works. You can still run yours and ours and even have both running in different windows so to speak, but if I am reading your intentions right (not sure I am), you want to merge your setup and ours, which does not work.

If you really know what you're doing and are prepared to put in some RnD time then you might be able to accomplish sort of what you want using the profile settings, but you would have to figure it all out yourself. This team is tired and after a skype war last night, it is hard to see us getting much more work done on this right this minute, sorry to say. Some comments made here set some at loggerheads.

Team UX
              Team UX

Comment

No I don't want to merge them. I said few times would be nice to have two versions concurrently, keeping both. I already have two concurrent instances installed with two desktop icons.

But installing yours needs the default add-ons location & looks like will be overwriting my current Gotham addons. Also I know how to launch as many instances as I want with su commands but desktop icons for multiple instances would be more convenient.

As for your Skype debates, I didn't ask you guys to do it today or this week or month. It was a question if it's possible not to overwrite my current Gotham instance & it's default add-ons folder and if not maybe to think about it.

If it's already possible, then a guide online would be good on how to install yours alongside current Gotham instance with two desktop icons. But frankly your current solo installation guide says just download & install this file, then it goes into a hyperlinked circular labyrinth of numerous pages of instructions for installation. So a multi instance guide would probably be less clear than those pages or this discussion or mud. Anyway take it easy. I'll just hack about.

Comment

[QUOTE=washere;210326]No I don't want to merge them. I said few times would be nice to have two versions concurrently, keeping both. I already have two concurrent instances installed with two desktop icons.

But installing yours needs the default add-ons location & looks like will be overwriting my current Gotham addons. Also I know how to launch as many instances as I want with su commands but desktop icons for multiple instances would be more convenient.

That would be more problematic than I think you realize (at least from our end), have you installed this version?
                  Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

If not, then why not give it a go the "default add-ons location" is saved in a totally different folder created by this version of xbmc.

The folder location created by Gotham is - Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ I know what your thinking so I will try again.

Once you install the version of XBMC linked above (I am assuming you're doing this on Android)

The save path for this other version of xbmc is totally different to Gotham, it is still xbmc (read the linked site).
                  I just wish I could remember the folder name, sorry, his version will do absolutely nothing to alter your current setup at all.

When I said two windows open I meant both Gotham and the one I think you should try above. Just try what I am saying and you should see, that you can literally have both your Gotham build and UX running side by side in different windows and they will not interfere with each other at all. You just need to install the one linked above - and the jigsaw piece I think you might not be seeing may fall into place. Once you install the one above you will have 2 desktop icons, 1 called XBMC and the other called SMPC (I think), you can run them side by side and see what I mean the 2 do not interfere with each other.

UX team
                  Team UX

Comment

How many times do I have to say it?

I want to keep my current Gotham & it's default paths for add-ons etc.

I don't want to install that other one you keep linking plus your one or another.

I said I already have two concurrent instances!

If you read my posts properly you see I can do Numerous instances with SU commands so:
                    the generalities you keep repeating or things you make up like merging or irrelevant scenarios like your other link are Complete nonsense wrt my initial simple question.

You must be the guy writing the labyrinthine numerous installation pages on your site after saying no instruction is necessary!

There should only be 1 installation guide page.

The best thing you can do for your team is to ask someone else to re-write that website.

As I said forget about it. Your help is like cement boots to a swimmer.

Have a good day.

Comment

Hi,
                      If you desire to test ultimate..
                      You can just rename your current .xbmc folder to .xbmc1
                      Then extract the zip.. aka .xbmc contents
                      -if you are done testing.. delete .xbmc again... and rename .xbmc1 to .xbmc
                      Its SO easy..

About ultimate.. after a day testing
                      It has a bunch of diverse addons..
                      -some only work if you are in.. germany, uk or us
                      -it also includes adult content
                      For a VPN user.. like me..the contents is quite enjoyable.. lots of addons.. i have never seen or heard-off

Improvemends..suggestions
                      -at passw on adult content ( not on start-up)
                      -enable video sync with screen
                      -set sound to max quality
                      -pic change for home and music (home looks warped.. music pic to dark)
                      -addon kiss-anime.. updates while watching a vid? ( 3times allready)
                      -disable rss feed

Errors.. (using spmc 13.3 and ultimate)
                      Ultimate/tvshow (orange letters)/ (any link)
                      -it opens the vid-stream with audio-player
                      ( result: static sound max vol.. stop button doesnt respond..reboot req to fix)

Anyway..
                      Its looking good..
                      Last edited by mitchell4you; 08-01-2014, 14:43.

Comment

Let me try to help you or explain why it may be not possible at the moment.

org.xbmc.xbmc is Android package name which is used across source tree related to android. So, if you want to have 2 separate instances, author of one instance must change xbmc package name.

On the other hand, you can try creating another profile and that will create another subfolder inside .xbmc. I did not toy with it, but I believe that in that second profile you can have different addons etc. And when starting xbmc you can choose which profile to use (Login screen must be enabled).
                        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks mitchell4you and stane1983

Team UX

Comment

@mitchell4you

If I can use SU commands to launch 4 or 5 xbmc instances concurrently, I can rename the folder to test which is what I regularly do anyway.

Also I regularly backup my add-on folder to sd-card too.

BUT I wasn't asking about temporary testing, or merging, or a million other things?

@stane1983

You make 3 points:

1- I know it's not possible with their current version. Which is why I asked them to make a second version in my ONLY & ORIGINAL & SIMPLE QUESTION!

2- I KNOW. THAT IS HOW MY SECOND XBMC INSTANCE WAS MADE & probably the one he keeps linking as I said & WHY I ASKED IF THEY COULD MAKE A SECOND VERSION. HOW DID YOU THINK MY CURRENT 2 XBMC DESKTOP ICONS LAUNCH? That's what I asked for in my ONLY & SIMPLE QUESTION!

3-
                            That is probably one way of doing it if they did not want making a second propriety pathed version. WHICH IS MUCH SIMPLER THAN YOUR THEORETICAL SUGGESTION. Your idea is theoretical unlike the version I asked for in my question as in my 2nd running instance which is DONE BY OTHER PROPRIETY PATHED RELEASES. I suggest you create this theoretical idea for your Linux xbmc if you can. Your users will like it.

But even if they do a Propriety Pathed Version, it will be a mess just like their website. I'm not interested in downloading nearly a gig from them anymore.

Comment

@mitchell4you

If I can use SU commands to launch 4 or 5 xbmc instances concurrently, I can rename the folder to test which is what I regularly do anyway.

Also I regularly backup my add-on folder to sd-card too.

BUT I wasn't asking about temporary testing, or merging, or a million other things?

@stane1983

You make 3 points:

1- I know it's not possible with their current version. Which is why I asked them to make a second version in my ONLY & ORIGINAL & SIMPLE QUESTION!

2- I KNOW. THAT IS HOW MY SECOND XBMC INSTANCE WAS MADE & probably the one he keeps linking as I said & WHY I ASKED IF THEY COULD MAKE A SECOND VERSION. HOW DID YOU THINK MY CURRENT 2 XBMC DESKTOP ICONS LAUNCH? That's what I asked for in my ONLY & SIMPLE QUESTION!

3-
                              That is probably one way of doing it if they did not want making a second propriety pathed version. WHICH IS MUCH SIMPLER THAN YOUR THEORETICAL SUGGESTION. Your idea is theoretical unlike the version I asked for in my question as in my 2nd running instance which is DONE BY OTHER PROPRIETY PATHED RELEASES. I suggest you create this theoretical idea for your Linux xbmc if you can. Your users will like it.

But even if they do a Propriety Pathed Version, it will be a mess just like their website. I'm not interested in downloading nearly a gig from them anymore.
                              Please keep going, I haven't laughed this much in ages. I know nothing about xbmc but you seem to know it all
                              To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                                I haven't laughed this much in ages. I know nothing about xbmc

To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC
                                People physically around you might not tell you but believe me they know: YOU are the joke, like your avatar & such merely personal attack posts on forums.

I tested your tweaked version of Beyond XBMC for a while and found out as many have said everywhere online it keeps crashing on numerous add-ons frequently and is basically rubbish and waste of time and devoid of any value or content just like your post. They all say it's because you don't even understand the basics and your tweaks have basically ruined koyings's Beyond.

I recommend people install Gotham or Stane's Linux version, not joke versions, back to the sheeps boyo.

Comment

Working...
                                X