No announcement yet.

R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are solder points for an unused USB port to the left of the microphone at the front of the board. Feel free to solder a cable on and connect a webcam. Only needs a whole in the case.

I wasn't aware this was a microphone, I assumed it to be the IR receiver. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
      There are solder points for an unused USB port to the left of the microphone at the front of the board. Feel free to solder a cable on and connect a webcam. Only needs a whole in the case.
      I wondered if that USB port is active, maybe oman could tell.

Comment

Downloaded Vega S89 Profile to my Harmony Remote , IR reception is terrible !

Due to interesting design of the Top Casing IR LED blocked almost 60-70% !!!

Board should be mounted Lower if possible or a Bigger IR Window is essential...

TBH I don't like the Casing at all cos back I/O part also is very problematic , its quite hard to insert HDMI cable etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post

TBH I don't like the Casing at all cos back I/O part also is very problematic , its quite hard to insert HDMI cable etc.
          Harmony has the S89 in their data base? I used the learning mode to teach each button from my Tronsmart S89H remote to my Harmony remote.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            Harmony has the S89 in their data base? I used the learning mode to teach each button from my Tronsmart S89H remote to my Harmony remote.
            Yes !

They probably get that from your profile if you've synched your remote

Comment

I can confirm that. The spdif cable is not "in" all the way too due to the design.

Comment

Originally posted by ENDRJUPL View Post
                I can confirm that. The spdif cable is not "in" all the way too due to the design.

Yep just needed some trimming that flap surprised this was missed.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  ... but the kernel doesn't determine the CPU temperature... always at 2°C... a really cool device...
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7726[/ATTACH]
                  Yep the most thermally stable android box/chipset ive tested.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                    The real Debug port:
                    such as Easter
                    which kind of cable or which way do you use to connect to this really small tiny spots at back of the pcb?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

... but the kernel doesn't determine the CPU temperature... always at 2°C... a really cool device...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7726[/ATTACH]
                      The temperature can show by

cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp0_input

I test it running CPU Prime Benchmark,after several mins,then:

root@rk3288:/ # cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp0_input
                      cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp0_input

But still running...

Maybe it seams so, this kernel/SoC also know thermal throttling?
                      Because after ~15 minutes at 100% cpu usage, it begins to throttle, BUT we talk about "after ~15 minutes" and not about ~1 minute like the s802 AND not so often happens (also not after one more 10 minutes)
                      Unbelievable!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7727[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7728[/ATTACH]

The case, especially at the bottom, gets really warm/hot.
                      At the middle of the second picture you can see what ?maybe? happens if I lift a little bit up the case: less thermal throttling
                      So I think you really should use more space to the surface (I place the box at a glass table)...

BTW:
                      At my stress tests at s802 (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Test-Scenario) I had the problem, if I switch between the apps, they may crash (e.g. 'StabilityTest (ROOT optional)' => classic test) or reset the GUI (e.g. 'System Tuner Pro' => monitoring) so I have to know how to handle it (at which moment switch to which app)...
                      BUT not at the RK3288 (ok, the curves may pause BUT no crashes)...
                      Tom,could you do the Stress test Scenario for R89?
                      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                        For in case you are not aware of this feature. After opening the unit (only the two Philips screws at the back) I noticed the microphone in the cover. So I tested it with Ask Google, Sound recording and Skype, and it works nice and clear. Now just to populate the camera sensor that could go with it.
                        Just have the camera connector populated on it...but no place to hold it for the camera on the case.

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                        I wondered if that USB port is active, maybe oman could tell.
                        Yes ,it's alive...but there are 3 usb ports already.

Originally posted by ENDRJUPL View Post
                        Okey,so the back IO is a little hard to insert...but if you connect to success,just leave it...We'll take care about it.THX.
                        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

such as Easter
                          which kind of cable or which way do you use to connect to this really small tiny spots at back of the pcb?
                          It's a UART2USB device to connect to PC for debug message..

Comment

... Tom,could you do the Stress test Scenario for R89?
                            I could, but why should I?

I have done it for ~2 hour and everything is fine (instead of the s802 ) and the result is the same as my quick shot I had posted, so I have no idea what I should write instead of "Unbelievable!"

OK, I will see what I can do
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It's a UART2USB device to connect to PC for debug message..
                              Yes, of cause something like 'CP210x' or 'PL2303', but my question was "how" and "which kind of really thin cable" to solder at it
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Yes, of cause something like 'CP210x' or 'PL2303', but my question was "how" and "which kind of really thin cable" to solder at it

Comment

Working...
                                X