R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holli73 View Post
    does that mean your box can handle now 4k@50hz?

thanks
    holli
    HDMI 2.0 3180*2160 50/60Hz:

Tested 9 files and confirmed WORKING slight judder but only slightly and rechecking some files to see if its the encoding rather than anything else.Great news indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Talas View Post
      HDMI 2.0 3180*2160 50/60Hz:Tested 9 files and confirmed WORKING slight judder but only slightly and rechecking some files to see if its the encoding rather than anything else.Great news indeed.
      Okay,thank you..Hear about you go to IFA, what do you think about smart watch,if we design one ...
      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
        I modify something...will upload the update.zip..

Here is my test result:

Firstly,you should select the right option:

For spdif passthrough,select the second one..
        For HDMI passthrough,select the third one..

Select all this audio passthrough options.

Then,

If not passthrough way,no Dolby/DTS can sound out by stock rkvideoplayer

If spdif passthrough, stock rkvideoplayer cant decode DD+ sound..but with xbmc is fine..
        If HDMI passthrough,all seem fine..

Pls check it...I dont want push to OTA,just a test zip..

Here to download->update.zip

Put the update.zip to sd card or eMMC via usb OTG..then it will find it..

BTW,the HDMI 2.0 3180*2160 50/60Hz is also added,Talas ,pls check this.

For HDMI passthrough issue...because I tested with the same FW/HW..it's almost ok..

Hope everyone of 20 who have the AV receiver can test it and give me a little more info..

1. I upload an AC3 videos,pls test this:
        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

2.About the FW version,pls update the latest 108k4 by OTA,then update another zip:update.zip

3.And the Settings to be proper..
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

I will test that file later today. Is it a new update.zip or the same file from last week?
          Last edited by ssspacman; 09-10-2014, 12:22.

Comment

Okay,thank you..Hear about you go to IFA, what do you think about smart watch,if we design one ...
            Yes it was watch heaven at IFA..some on the floor and behind the scenes my advice would be to go for an oblong design which commands all finger sizes..i love the Moto 360 but its fairly small to handle as most round watches are and if you are going for a workable device that can do more..more..bigger is better Apple seem to have a perfect size in the Apple watch as for being convined my self about having a watch replace a smartphone im very much unconvinced by current and forthcoming tech..Smartwatch just isnt ready yet or needed for that matter.

Comment

For HDMI passthrough issue...because I tested with the same FW/HW..it's almost ok..

Hope everyone of 20 who have the AV receiver can test it and give me a little more info..

1. I upload an AC3 videos,pls test this:
              MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

2.About the FW version,pls update the latest 108k4 by OTA,then update another zip:update.zip

3.And the Settings to be proper..

I wish I had better news, but audio is still dead on my receiver. Just to make sure there's no miscommunication, this is what I did:

- I downloaded the update.zip
              - Moved it to the root of the internal sd-card
              - Rebooted
              - I was prompted with a dialog that an update was ready, so I chose to install it
              - When it was done installing, I opened the Gallery app and played the video you linked ( Sound Setting : Bitsream) --> No Sound
              - I switched the setting to default and tried again ->still no sound.

The front panel of my receiver usually shows the current audio setup (ie. the channels it's receiving) and that part is completely blank when the R89 is active. This is probably to be expected given the nature of the problem, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway

Comment

I'll test it later this evening.

Comment

Tested file. No improvement, same results as before. XBMC HDMI transcoding sound 0.1 seconds every 1 seconds. In SPMC hissing sound. Transcoding through sdif optical perfect 5.1 dolby.

Uploaded on youtube. Notice surround system should only say dolby a few seconds.
                  First SPMC hdmi arc.
                  Second XBMC hdmi arc.
                  Third XBMC connected with optical.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MO3UFgVzNM&list=UU_dcS6NEUCKQ2l1ubTv6Alw
                  Last edited by ssspacman; 09-10-2014, 14:52.

Comment

I just tested everything with XBMC as well (with the setup in the screenshots above), just to see if there's any difference.... nothing but complete silence

Comment

回复: R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                      I will test that file later today. Is it a new update.zip or the same file from last week?
                      The same file as last week

来自我的 GT-I9300 上的 Tapatalk

Comment

... If they communicate to fail,then the BOX will output DVI,you can see it from LOG,that'll be no sound to come out.
                        Regarding the "silence" over HDMI when using an AV receiver; is it possible only newer receivers query the TV for it's capabilities? Perhaps older HDMI capable receivers (or entry-level models) don't have this feature, thereby not passing the info to the Media-box; resulting in only "DVI" output (no audio). Is it also a possibility that bi-directional communication has to be configured in the receiver first (similar to enabling CEC capability)?

Is there a name for this query/configure feature in HDMI? Can the firmware of the R89 be configured to "force" a setup without receiving the configuration of the TV via the receiver?

Or, is this no longer an issue? (Too late to the party?)
                        Last edited by Tybalt39; 09-11-2014, 00:03.
                        Tablet History:
                        Pipo M8 Pro (current)
                        NextBook W8.1 (sold)
                        Asus TF300 (sold)
                        Hyundai A7 (sold)
                        Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

The same as others for me. The test Dolby file plays in 5.1 surround over spdif using the stock media player, but is knocked down to stereo over HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
                            The same as others for me. The test Dolby file plays in 5.1 surround over spdif using the stock media player, but is knocked down to stereo over HDMI.
                            What brand and moldel is your receiver?
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
                              SPDIF is only stereo. (I should say unless it's DTS or Dolby encoded soundtracks. That's a constant point of confusion for some)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                                What brand and moldel is your receiver?
                                I'm using an Onkyo TX-SR606. I can get both DTS and Dolby D audio in files that have that using spdif and the two stock video players.

On XBMC, there is no Dolby D or DTS using passthrough settings on the same files. It folds it down to stereo.

Comment

Working...
                                X