Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oman View Post
    picture
    OK, I will do my best (without soldering all in/to one) ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
      Found an AV cable in one of my "magic" boxes. I must have gotten it as part of a toy package. It is a really cheap one so some of the symptoms that I have found could be contributed to the "cheapness". Connecting it to a small portable LCD TV I did get a surprisingly good quality video - in 480i SD though. The initial connection was very noisy but it settled after a few seconds. However, what I have found is that unplugging the white audio cable from the TV unsettles the video and would sometimes affect the wifi in so much that the network connection is lost. Sound comes through perfectly with all three cables connected.

I measured the cable and all screens are inter-connected and all screens on the TV are also inter-connected, so it is not as if the video requires one of the screens on the audio cable, but due to the "cheapness" there may be intermittent connection which my measurements are not picking up .

The connections on the AV cable's 3.5mm connector are as follow: (as seen from the tip)

Red, White, Yellow, Screen

Hope this helps
      So I just tried it, but there does not seem to be a way to get proper signal out of the box. Switching cables around did pretty much nothing, I get garbled output from each of them. Interestingly, the red cable seems to carry a hint of the video signal.

Connecting the cables properly and half-inserting the plug on the R89 seems to be the only way to get picture.

I might have to try another cable Since you were able to get sound and picture, it probably isn't the box itself

Comment

Still no sound from my receiver after the OTA

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
          Still no sound from my receiver after the OTA
          I confirm our Yamaha receiver,it can passthrough HDMI/SPDIF ..

OKey,can you confirm your receiver with other box?

Have you selected the right option in sound manager?
          Last edited by oman; 09-04-2014, 08:09.
          Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

AW: R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

I confirm our pioneer receiver,it can passthrough HDMI/SPDIF ..

OKey,can you confirm your receiver with other box?

Have you selected the right option in sound manager?
            Yes, my Minix X8-H works just fine, as did the Mk808 stick before it. I tried both "default output " and "HDMI bitstream" without success.

Any way I can provide some useful data for you?

Comment

I cannot either get xbmc passthrough to work after todays update. Get dolby 5.1 throug sdif with transcoding enabled. With hdmi transcoding not working proparly, dolby flashes all the time and get sound 0.1 seconds every 2 seconds. All options in soundmanager tested without succes. I get sound but it is not dolby 5.1, it is just stereo.
              Last edited by ssspacman; 09-03-2014, 18:35.

Comment

Harmon Kardon A/V receiver, no passthrough

I have not been able to get any audio output from HDMI through my Hardon Karmon A/V receiver, with either of the roms. My other android boxes, even Rockchip RK3188 boxes have no problem. The audio works just fine going straight into the TV. I have not tried the SPDIF port to my receiver.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  I have not been able to get any audio output from HDMI through my Hardon Karmon A/V receiver, with either of the roms. My other android boxes, even Rockchip RK3188 boxes have no problem. The audio works just fine going straight into the TV. I have not tried the SPDIF port to my receiver.
                  It's the same for my Onkyo receiver -- no audio through HDMI. It works through spdif, but no surround sound that way, just stereo.

Comment

Ok,somewhere is wrong ...Cause I test our receiver is fine...But all of you ..
                    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Ok,somewhere is wrong ...Cause I test our receiver is fine...But all of you ..
                      Lack of audio passthrough via HDMI is the last major problem with this box. All my other Android boxes pass through the audio via the HDMI with out a problem.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                        Yes, my Minix X8-H works just fine, as did the Mk808 stick before it. I tried both "default output " and "HDMI bitstream" without success.

Any way I can provide some useful data for you?
                        So only you cant get any sound out via AV receiver?

Pls dmesg and give it to me.

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                        I cannot either get xbmc passthrough to work after todays update. Get dolby 5.1 throug sdif with transcoding enabled. With hdmi transcoding not working proparly, dolby flashes all the time and get sound 0.1 seconds every 2 seconds. All options in soundmanager tested without succes. I get sound but it is not dolby 5.1, it is just stereo.
                        Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
                        It's the same for my Onkyo receiver -- no audio through HDMI. It works through spdif, but no surround sound that way, just stereo.
                        All 3 of you have sound via AV receiver,but no HDMI passthrough?

Comment

Yes, I get HDMI passthrough including surround sound in XBMC using an S89 and a Fire TV.

Comment

With Minix x8h surround is perfect.

Comment

Odp: R89-Hardware/Thermal/case issue feedback here

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                              With Minix x8h surround is perfect.
                              Same here.

Comment

I modify something...will upload the update.zip..

Here is my test result:

Firstly,you should select the right option:

For spdif passthrough,select the second one..
                                For HDMI passthrough,select the third one..

Select all this audio passthrough options.

Then,

If not passthrough way,no Dolby/DTS can sound out by stock rkvideoplayer

If spdif passthrough, stock rkvideoplayer cant decode DD+ sound..but with xbmc is fine..
                                If HDMI passthrough,all seem fine..

Pls check it...I dont want push to OTA,just a test zip..

Here to download->update.zip

Put the update.zip to sd card or eMMC via usb OTG..then it will find it..

BTW,the HDMI 2.0 3180*2160 50/60Hz is also added,Talas ,pls check this.

Comment

Working...
                                X