Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    To fix it, simply go to application info, clear data and relaunch play store.
    Tried that. But did not work..
    Can i only install the play store apk, or do i need to install the other services to?
    Last edited by pedorie; 09-16-2014, 23:02.

Comment

...do you mean HDMI audio to your receiver or just tv?
      Just the tv. The measy b4s did not gave hdmi sound. Not even normal stereo.

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by pedorie View Post
        Can i only install the play store apk, or do i need to install the other services to?
        It should all be installed already. Did you uninstall them?

Comment

It should all be installed already. Did you uninstall them?
          No, i did not. Will try again tomorrow... need to sleep now...

Comment

Currently in another battle with Bluetimes over this issue here:

This one can get ugly before it's all over, and leaves me very disappointed I've done business with them and recommended their products. Still hoping for a good resolution to the issue but it can go any direction at this point.

Comment

What exactly is the problem. If I read the other thread correctly it is an advantage if the box is capable of HEVC hardware decoding. It would appear that it uses much less CPU capacity i.e. 13.3 - 23.3% (amc) vs 79 -85% (ff).

I can't understand the issue with this so could you elaborate please?
              Last edited by OZReddog; 09-17-2014, 04:38.

Comment

The problem is the mainline xbmc/kodi project has not found a way to incorporate hardware decoding of HEVC in android & RK3288.

The factory modded XBMC build is hacked to enable hardware accelerated HEVC playback and the factory is illegally distributing the software in violation of the GPL public license.

XBMC/Kodi is distributed under an open source license agreement. The problem is not that they modded XBMC, it's that they modded XBMC and subsequently distributed their modded XBMC version without releasing the source code for their modded XBMC to allow the advances in HEVC hardware accelerated playback to be merged into the XBMC mainline project.

This issue exemplifies all that is wrong with chinese software houses in relation to open source software.

Comment

So, if I understand this correctly, it is an issue with open source nature, and accessibility to the source code used, rather than one of operation/functionality. Correct?

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
                    So, if I understand this correctly, it is an issue with open source nature, and accessibility to the source code used, rather than one of operation/functionality. Correct?
                    Exactly. Advances concerning open source software are good, but they're even better when they are returned back to the community for all to benefit. If you click through to the XBMC forums and read the reactions from the official XBMC/Kodi team members, you'll see the reaction was less than positive

Comment

B4S

I did flash this firmware in the B4S and it looks good.
                      finally HDMI audio!
                      But no google play store anymore.

I tried to install google play, but it gives the message that it has stopped.
                      Googled it and found this description: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547054
                      Does someone have a better description for this RK3288?

Kind regards,
                      Pedorie
                      The same problem with my Measy B4S.

Comment

Originally posted by yric37 View Post
                        The same problem with my Measy B4S.
                        Do you mean the hdmi audio or play store?
                        Did you managed to install the pay store?

Kind regards,
                        Pedorie

Comment

Do you mean the hdmi audio or play store?
                          Did you managed to install the pay store?

Kind regards,
                          Pedorie
                          I mean Play store. What kind of FW : 20.08.2014 or 27.08.2014 ? I use last one

I received it from Measy support.
                          The problem was on Shomari FW. I camt back on stock 27.08.2014
                          Last edited by yric37; 09-17-2014, 11:32. Reason: added

Comment

I had the 20 08 2014. Now installed the latest bluetimes qpro from Shomari.
                            No google play. But hdmi sound works. Hopefully i have some time this evening to try again.

Regards,
                            Perer

Comment

Hi,
                              I tried to download it.. but i can not make an account with QQ...??
                              Can you try a different fileshare?

Thank you Yric!

Kind regards,
                              Pedorie

Comment

I had the 20 08 2014. Now installed the latest bluetimes qpro from Shomari.
                                No google play. But hdmi sound works. Hopefully i have some time this evening to try again.

Regards,
                                Perer
                                I also tested bluetimes qpro from Shomari. Play store did not work and there was a problem with colour. I reinstalled Play store. The result was the same and I came back to stock 27.08.2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X