No announcement yet.

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry it came across as offensive. As someone who has been in this business long enough I know the detail answer, just asking owners thoughts.

As for buying one, indeed I may go ahead and do that and post my experience with it, since it seems no one here shares my use-case set. I have a dumb 4k TV + chromcaset and I need to make sure couple of core things before pulling the trigger: 4k native interface support (so I can see my pictures, etc. in 4k). Also, good BT and market support so that I can watch Hulu/Netflix/etc. on BT headphones and not bother other folks in the room.

BTW, I have already asked blue times on about this on ****.

Comment

Lots of choices beelink. Trans mart. Ricomagic. Tons of choices I am even having same debate on what new one to treat myself to a80 or the adt1😅
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Any of these supporting 4k on the native interface and being sub $100?
        Suggestions are very welcome!

Comment

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

As part if my homework before posting, I have looked at most of these brands and their core chips, ie Amlogic and realtek, and it seems that the rockchip based ones fare better overall, none of the others support HDMI 2.0. and they are at best Cortex A15 based, which is as good as A12/17 (or the other way around, the latter has theoretically lower power consumption).
          USB 3.0, gigabit Ethernet and SATA are all nice to have, but I just do not think my application is worth more than $100.

Comment

Be carefull only box that I know supports 2.0 is Minix 8 H China boxes have extended truths lol.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks! Rk3382 supports HDMI 2.0 though, so I think it is not hard to believe...

Comment

Yes support it but none display 4 k at 60 htz yet pretty sure they 1.4 only.

Comment

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

MINIX website says 8H only supports HDMI 1.4...

Comment

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Yes support it but none display 4 k at 60 htz yet pretty sure they 1.4 only.
                    That is why I am asking folks. I know other chips do not even mention 2.0 in their spec.

Comment

Tech Connect ist bei Facebook. Tritt Facebook bei, um dich mit Tech Connect und anderen Nutzern, die du kennst, zu vernetzen. Facebook gibt Menschen die Möglichkeit, Inhalte zu teilen und die Welt...

Check out the drako a80 review.

Comment

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Thanks! I actually found this guy on YouTube and he has reviewed all the leading boxes. They are all expensive though for what I want. The performance on both a80 and minix-8h neo are pretty good (if they do not cheat on AnTuTu).
                        The bluetimes device I posted (directly from bluetimes on ****) costs almost half of these boxes. That is why I am inclined to this one.

Comment

Be carefull only box that I know supports 2.0 is Minix 8 H China boxes have extended truths lol.
                          Sorry, but you are wrong, s802 / s812 only supports 1.4b

A80 also only supports 1.4...

Also not all rk3288 devices support 2.0... especially all the boxes with HDMI-IN only supports 1.4 at out...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by kefayati View Post
                            ... The performance on both a80 and minix-8h neo are pretty good (if they do not cheat on AnTuTu). ...
                            Uncheated
                            S802 ~22K
                            RK3288 ~35K
                            A80 ~37K

Originally posted by kefayati View Post
                            :
                            The bluetimes device I posted (directly from bluetimes on ****) costs almost half of these boxes. That is why I am inclined to this one.
                            If 2/8GB is ok for you, you should take a Tromsmart/UBOX/Beelink with netxeon pcb and well support (also here at the forum)....
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              Sorry, but you are wrong, s802 / s812 only supports 1.4b

A80 also only supports 1.4...

Also not all rk3288 devices support 2.0... especially all the boxes with HDMI-IN only supports 1.4 at out...
                              That's why I said be carefull as the minix 8 H is one of the only one that supports 4 k@60 all of them advertise as 2.0 but I haven't seen one yet that does.

In any other place it would be safe to take what's advertised as that's what your getting bluetimes. Beelink. Sun ( and alot more) all have it on thier boxes as 2.0 yet none support it.

Comment

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

That's why I said be carefull as the minix 8 H is one of the only one that supports 4 k@60 all of them advertise as 2.0 but I haven't seen one yet that does.

In any other place it would be safe to take what's advertised as that's what your getting bluetimes. Beelink. Sun ( and alot more) all have it on thier boxes as 2.0 yet none support it.
                                Do we have anyone here in the forum that actually has tested any of these against a 2.0 display?

Comment

Working...
                                X