No announcement yet.

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed the screen protector and grainy effect disappears (white 16Gb model).

I replaced the screen protector and grainy affect come back again! (another chinese low quality screen protector too, it's not a bad issue though)
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by Tarts View Post
      Hi, just today recieved my Talk 9x, so far considering what I paid for it, I am VERY pleased with it The first thing I did was flashing this ROM (well okay, I tried the stock rom for a few minutes)
      Just got some questions, any apps/mods to tweak the sound quality?
      Any other performance tweaks/tips you guys could suggest, like disabling some startup items as mentioned (but which ones?) and other tips?
      About the screen, if I hadnt read about the "grainy" issue, I wouldnt have noticed anything, but mine is 16GB white version and it seems a bit grainy, but I strongly belive its the protector thats causing it (havnt removed the protector yet, should I remove it and maybe order something better for replacement?). But dont get me wrong, im definately NOT complaining about the screen
      did u flash d rom without rooting?

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by Tarts View Post
        About the screen, if I hadnt read about the "grainy" issue, I wouldnt have noticed anything, but mine is 16GB white version and it seems a bit grainy, but I strongly belive its the protector thats causing it (havnt removed the protector yet, should I remove it and maybe order something better for replacement?). But dont get me wrong, im definately NOT complaining about the screen
        It is the protector, they are cheap rubbish. I took mine off yesterday and screen was clear. I just wanted to see if it was the glass or the protector that was causing it.
        I was given a spare that came with it and put it back on today (don't want to scratch the glass). Same cheap protector so I have a grainy screen again.
        Going to look for a better one to swap it with.
        The speakers are rubbish on this tab. Don't know if an app can cure that.

Comment

Originally posted by ciruelete View Post
          Hi pennred,
          I've uploaded the edited apk into dropbox here.
          Let me know if you can access and download the file from there since dropbox and myself are not best friends and not sure if I'm doing things as I'm supposed to.
          One thing I've noticed with this edited version is that the navigation is not as smooth but the black squares are gone!
          Thanks m8 had no problems downloading from your dropbox. As you said navigation is not as smooth as before but at last the black squares are gone. BTW feedly on my phone just get updated to new ver. Sadly didn't test it on my Cube.

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by priyanga View Post
            Is there a way to increase volume?. The volume of the cube is very low compared to other tabs.

Thanks
            You need root for the following.
            Install MTK Engineering Mode from the Playstore. Go to Engineer Mode, then swipe right to hardware
            testing. Choose Audio, there u can find several profiles to make changes. I suggest to write down default settings.

Maybe someone can share his/her experiences here as I don't see any major differences.

sent with my Cube Talk 9x U65GT

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
              You need root for the following.
              Install MTK Engineering Mode from the Playstore. Go to Engineer Mode, then swipe right to hardware
              testing. Choose Audio, there u can find several profiles to make changes. I suggest to write down default settings.

Maybe someone can share his/her experiences here as I don't see any major differences.

sent with my Cube Talk 9x U65GT
              hi
              i already adjusted in mtk engineering mode.there is no any effect.you dont need to install. it is already inside only need root
              dial
              *#*#3646633#*#* mtk engineering mode only for mtk devices
              Last edited by priyanga; 11-05-2014, 05:03.

Comment

installa viper4android, it could help to increase volume on the tablet

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  installa viper4android, it could help to increase volume on the tablet
                  you mean viper 4 android fx? is this only supports jelly bean? did you tried this?

thanks
                  Last edited by priyanga; 11-05-2014, 08:17.

Comment

location settings problem

Brian, great job with this ROM.

I am having problem obtaining location fix in Google maps . With high accuracy it obtains a fix under clear skies. But when changed to battery saving, mobile network or WiFi can't give a location fix. Any suggestions on solving this?

Comment

Originally posted by hijack View Post
                      All boxes need to be ticked, including preloader ( ignore what the guy said on the other site about preloader ).
                      Just need to select EBR 1 and EBR 2 of same size (I used 6gb on my 32gb version) and select which recovery to flash (you can get TWRP from the lepi thread, there is also a great boot animation there that you can easily intall using TWRP/CWM).
                      After you have recovery, use it to wipe data and cache and that's it, done
                      thanks

Comment

Weird symlink in /lib/modules?

In system/lib/modules I see the following symlink
                        wlan.ko -> wlan_mtk_connsys_mt6592.ko
                        The destination does not exist.
                        Any idea why this link is there, anyone? A leftover from previous (MT6592?) development perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by priyanga View Post
                          you mean viper 4 android fx? is this only supports jelly bean? did you tried this?

thanks
                          It worked fine on my ex tablet (pipo m6pro), on cube for me is not necessary: sound volume is really good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                            It worked fine on my ex tablet (pipo m6pro), on cube for me is not necessary: sound volume is really good for me.
                            viper4android increased the sound.confirmed thanks

Comment

Proximity sensor

Hi 900supersport
                              Thanks for good work, I like this rom and I am using it for a while. Everything is working nicely.
                              The only problem it seems that proximity sensor is not working well. Calibration failed in engeneering mode.
                              is it hardware problem?

Comment

My Cube Talk 9x arrived today, but i have a problem with it and wonder if this rom will fix it or it's hardware issue!
                                The OS on it is 4.4.2 chinese rom
                                The problem is with the touch screen, it goes crazy suddenly and wrongly response to touches, apps running by any touch...etc
                                Is this hardware of software issue that can be fixed with this rom?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X