Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you can!

use scatter file included with 900supersport roms and flash TWRP recovery (ONLY) with SP_flashtool.
    Then from TWRP you can easily install lepi's ROM.
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

changing recovery

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
      yes you can!

use scatter file included with 900supersport roms and flash TWRP recovery (ONLY) with SP_flashtool.
      Then from TWRP you can easily install lepi's ROM.
      Thanks, downloading 1.8SS now. (Very slow for some reason :-) )

Un saludo,
      Satbeginner
      Last edited by Satbeginner; 03-20-2015, 21:27. Reason: typo

Comment

Partition to 13GB or 10GB

Hi to all especially to @900supersport
        Please a little help if anyone can, I am not an expert.. I have a CUBE9X UT65 32GB Kitkat 4.4.2, MTK8392.
        I had read that 6592 is the same with 8392, the partition for user apps is less than 2GB. I tried corrected EBRs from you 900supersport for 6GB and it is working fine, But 6GB is not enough for me, the ideal was 13GB or 10GB
        Now I tried to flash the files from zopomobileshop.com E) for KItkat the "New Editing Primary Partition to 13,19Gb (max possible on octa core) for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6592 - 16-32gb)" and after "New Editing Primary Partition to 10Gb for KitKat O.S. (Mtk 6592 - 16-32gb)" I tried the first I wanted more and after the second. Both ended with a device unable to boot, stock at the first logo, with some chinese letters. I tried both ways through SPFlash Tool after extracting EBR1 EBR2 files from the zip, and after using recovery with the zip itself
        Am I done something wrong has anyone managed to make 13GB or 10GB space work on Cube 9X. 13GB is fine for the 32GB model
        Is it easy for you to make 13GB or 10GB working EBR1 and EBR2 for 32GB model?
        Thank you all for your effords.

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
          Thanks, downloading 1.8SS now. (Very slow for some reason :-) )

Un saludo,
          Satbeginner
          Ho Giouncino, it worked!

However, somehow I had to flash (with flashtool) a CWM recovery first, because when I tried to enter the little white menu after flashing TWRP, it would come up with "No command" when I choose "recovery"

But with first flashing CWM with flashtool, from there (CWM recovery) I could flash Lepi's TWRP 2.8.1.0 recovery, and from there I could flash Lepi's 2.0.9. ROM.
          So now I have TWRP 2.8.1.0 as well, I see if I can update this to 2.8.5.0
          Update: I was able to install TWRP 2850 Lepi (10Mb) by using Mobile Uncle Tools.

The way to get into the little boot-menu was a bit tricky for me:
          After the complete shutdown, press and hold power (do not let go), than, after one second, press and hold Volume+ too (next to the power).

This took me to this little white "boot-menu" , than I could release both buttons.
          From there I could select with Vol-, (eg. Recovery) and confirm my choice with Vol+.

Now the status is like this with my Cube:
          Pressing Power will boot the tablet;
          Pressing Vol- and Power will bring up a Chinese Diagnostic program; (can be left by going down one with vol-, than press-and-hold power.
          Pressing Vol+ and Power does not do anything; (anymore?)

To get into recovery I can only use the little white menu by the way described above.

Something else: after this installation, the tab would not 'mount' the remaining part of the internal storage.
          I could fix this in recovery, under 'Mount' I could select the internal SD. Now, with booting, it does mount this partition.

Thanks again, I will start testing, but it looks So Goooood!

Un saludo,

Satbeginner
          Last edited by Satbeginner; 03-21-2015, 12:03. Reason: add. info

Comment

LOOKING FOR SOME HELPAND ADVICE

Hello, this is my first post and am looking for some advice. I have spent the last couple of days reading the threads and videos etc Last October I bought two Cube 9x 16gb for my daughters.Serial number 1434 which has V1.8_20140806 and serial number 1439 V1.8_201440903. I am a newbie to this but have flashed android tv sticks and rockchip tablets previously so its not totally alien! but nearly!
            I would like to increase the app storage partition but would also like to have the FOTA ability but read that the FOTA does not seem to work? is this the case?

If I went with Brians 900supersport rom this would give me the app space and perhaps be simpler for me in as much just flashing the tablet leaving all the items checked on the sp tool ( instructions seem very easy to follow and detailed ) I presume I would have to root first.. can I do this using mmrrdd zip file for root? ( I seem to remember reading that this did not work for someone)

Obiviously if I went this route I would have to go back to the stock rom V2.0 via sd card if in the future we would be lucky enough to get a lollipop update say?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Missing Front Camera.

OK so I have a 32gb Black Cube Talk 9x with S/N U65GT32GB14362470118. Tried to use SKYPE a few weeks ago and was puzzled to find that I could not switch to the front camera.

When I load up device test apps (about 15 different ones from Google Play Store and the built-in MTK device test tool), the consistent result is:

• Light sensor found and works (located with front camera)
              • Proximity sensor found but never registers a reading
              • Front camera not found

I have tried loading alternative ROM including Lepi White 2.7. Results are the same after the alternative ROM is loaded.

I think that (like an idiot) I tried loading Google Camera soon after I got the Cube and I wonder if this messed around with drivers, something in NVRAM or just plain screwed up the hardware.

I guess if it were just the drivers, then installing a new ROM would fix the problem. So its probably a bit more serious than that.

I guess the most obvious explanation is just that the hardware is broke.

Anybody got any suggestions? Anyone else got the same problem?

Thanks!
              Last edited by ac0935p; 03-21-2015, 16:54. Reason: Clarify bullets a bit. Add comment about ROM

Comment

Originally posted by old newbie View Post
                Hello, this is my first post and am looking for some advice. I have spent the last couple of days reading the threads and videos etc Last October I bought two Cube 9x 16gb for my daughters.Serial number 1434 which has V1.8_20140806 and serial number 1439 V1.8_201440903. I am a newbie to this but have flashed android tv sticks and rockchip tablets previously so its not totally alien! but nearly!
                I would like to increase the app storage partition but would also like to have the FOTA ability but read that the FOTA does not seem to work? is this the case?

If I went with Brians 900supersport rom this would give me the app space and perhaps be simpler for me in as much just flashing the tablet leaving all the items checked on the sp tool ( instructions seem very easy to follow and detailed ) I presume I would have to root first.. can I do this using mmrrdd zip file for root? ( I seem to remember reading that this did not work for someone)

Obiviously if I went this route I would have to go back to the stock rom V2.0 via sd card if in the future we would be lucky enough to get a lollipop update say?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
                First of all: through zip file install V2.0 rom,
                then you just need to flash EBR1 & 2 of Supersport rom to increase app space (don't care they are for 1.8 ROM), no need to root first, you will not lose FOTA updates.
                In any case at the moment there are not reliable fota updates available for Talk 9x

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                  OK so I have a 32gb Black Cube Talk 9x with S/N U65GT32GB14362470118. Tried to use SKYPE a few weeks ago and was puzzled to find that I could not switch to the front camera.

When I load up device test apps (about 15 different ones from Google Play Store and the built-in MTK device test tool), the consistent result is:

• Light sensor found and works (located with front camera)
                  • Proximity sensor found but never registers a reading
                  • Front camera not found

I have tried loading alternative ROM including Lepi White 2.7. Results are the same after the alternative ROM is loaded.

I think that (like an idiot) I tried loading Google Camera soon after I got the Cube and I wonder if this messed around with drivers, something in NVRAM or just plain screwed up the hardware.

I guess if it were just the drivers, then installing a new ROM would fix the problem. So its probably a bit more serious than that.

I guess the most obvious explanation is just that the hardware is broke.

Anybody got any suggestions? Anyone else got the same problem?

Thanks!
                  I don't think it's a matter of drivers...

I think that there are 2 alternatives:

1 - front camera is broken
                  2 - front camera cable is disconnected

If I were in you I would try opening the tablet to verify if the cable is correctly installed.
                  On older Pipo tablet cable detachment was a really common problem...

Comment

Thankyou

then you just need to flash EBR1 & 2 of Supersport rom to increase app space (don't care they are for 1.8 ROM), no need to root first, you will not lose FOTA updates.
                    In any case at the moment there are not reliable fota updates available for Talk 9x
                    Thankyou for your promt reply.could you confirm the link for the rom is in the list of roms and mods November 20141115 OTA.

Thanks again

Comment

yes, this is (as written on relevant topic):

- V2.0 Rom (Android 4.4.2) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)
                      • November 20141111 (Flash via Flash Tool NO!)
                      • November 20141115 (OTA links: mega.co.nz, pan.paidu.com password: nxfk, yadi.sk)
                      • November 20141115 TP BACK NO!

Comment

yes, this is (as written on relevant topic):

- V2.0 Rom (Android 4.4.2) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)
                        • November 20141111 (Flash via Flash Tool NO!)
                        • November 20141115 (OTA links: mega.co.nz, pan.paidu.com password: nxfk, yadi.sk)
                        • November 20141115 TP BACK NO!

Thanks again, one final thing, I will back up data etc before I start but when I flash erb1 and erb2 etc will I loose all apps etc

Comment

you will not lose data, when I flashed ebr files on my tablet I only lose pictures and downloaded files, but not the apps

Comment

I don't think it's a matter of drivers...

I think that there are 2 alternatives:

1 - front camera is broken
                            2 - front camera cable is disconnected

If I were in you I would try opening the tablet to verify if the cable is correctly installed.
                            On older Pipo tablet cable detachment was a really common problem...
                            That's what I figured. I think I will tolerate the camera not working rather than try to open the beast. I'm good with software, ok with firmware, but I shrink from fiddling with hardware.

Skype works fine on my phone - Elephone P6000 - which is a great piece of kit.

Thanks, tho.
                            Last edited by ac0935p; 03-22-2015, 14:55. Reason: Add comment about EP6000

Comment

All gone a treat!

All gone to plan with no problems. I have a number of Chinese apps of which at the moment I have disabled, with the exception of one which is in has Chinese writing and the word root in. Having read the threads I installed titanium backup to remove apps tried to open it but its says it doesnt have root access?

Again thanks for the great advise, if you could pointt me in the right direction as to what to do with Chinese apps would be brilliant .

Comment

to use Titanium backup you need to root your tablet.
                                To do this:

flash TWRP recovery ONLY (you can find all here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-mods-etc-list) through SP_flashtool
                                then download supersu binaries from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053
                                and install the .zip file in TWRP recovery mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X