Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with drivers

Originally posted by f1c View Post
    Which Windows version do you have? Windows 8 usually has more troubles installing the drivers than Windows 7 for example.

Hi, thanks for reply..
    I have Windows 7 home premium

I try install PdaNet but dont solve the problems with drivers...

Any idea?

António Graça

Comment

As I have no idea what the PDANet drivers are, I could only suggest using the drivers I used and which worked for me:

Download MediaTek Smartphone Driver Auto Installer v1.1236.00 from here , here or here . This application will install USB com po...

Basically, I installed my phone drivers and the tablet just works with it since they are both MTK devices.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonioGraca View Post
        Hi, thanks for reply..
        I have Windows 7 home premium

I try install PdaNet but dont solve the problems with drivers...

Any idea?

António Graça
        I wrote this guide that seems to solve the problems for a lot of people. It is based on Win 7 EE. Follow all the steps carefully - even small changes can make a big difference.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
          I wrote this guide that seems to solve the problems for a lot of people. It is based on Win 7 EE. Follow all the steps carefully - even small changes can make a big difference.

Good luck
          Thanks, ac0935p
          Your guide solve the problems with drivers. Now I can isntall the new room. But, I have problem the tablet switch on and ask me the pin of card 3G and apear the falowing message: unfortunaly, the process com.android.phone has stopped. No options in message on OK and return again...

Ideas?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by AntonioGraca View Post
            Thanks, ac0935p
            Your guide solve the problems with drivers. Now I can isntall the new room. But, I have problem the tablet switch on and ask me the pin of card 3G and apear the falowing message: unfortunaly, the process com.android.phone has stopped. No options in message on OK and return again...

Ideas?

Thanks for your help
            Glad to have got you one more step along the road. I am not an expert like lepi or Brian on the ROM and it's installation, so I hope others can help you with that.

Good luck...

Comment

Please can anyone answer me this question: After flashing 900supersport's ROM do you have write access to external_SD (micro_sd)?

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by gdp77 View Post
                Please can anyone answer me this question: After flashing 900supersport's ROM do you have write access to external_SD (micro_sd)?
                I flashed supersports 1.8 ROM as well as lepi's 2.0 version and both gave me instant write access to the external SD without further intervention.

Comment

Has anyone had problems with gps after flashing 2.0. Mine came with 2.0 preinstalled and gps did not work. GeekBuying has recommended me to flash an earlier version, but I dont want to do that.

Are there any tips to get gps up and running?

Cheers,
                  J

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                    Has anyone had problems with gps after flashing 2.0. Mine came with 2.0 preinstalled and gps did not work. GeekBuying has recommended me to flash an earlier version, but I dont want to do that.

Are there any tips to get gps up and running?
                    I'm using 2.0. At first, I thought that my GPS was not working because the well-known "GPS Test" app did not "see" any satellite signals. But, oddly, Google maps seems to report position perfectly accurately!
                    Are you getting approximate position on google maps from cell data (3G)? This may be necessary to help GPS get initial fix.

Comment

Originally posted by fasty View Post
                      I'm using 2.0. At first, I thought that my GPS was not working because the well-known "GPS Test" app did not "see" any satellite signals. But, oddly, Google maps seems to report position perfectly accurately!
                      Are you getting approximate position on google maps from cell data (3G)? This may be necessary to help GPS get initial fix.
                      I have not tried it with a sim card. Google maps works when I have "high precision" enabled, but that is because it uses other means of positioning than gps (such as wifi). With only gps set up no position will be available in any app.

I dont really see the connection between 3G and GPS, there is no apparant connection between the two in any of my other devices.

Cheers,
                      J

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                        I have not tried it with a sim card. Google maps works when I have "high precision" enabled, but that is because it uses other means of positioning than gps (such as wifi). With only gps set up no position will be available in any app.

I dont really see the connection between 3G and GPS, there is no apparant connection between the two in any of my other devices.

Cheers,
                        J
                        Maybe GPS is A-GPS and needs 3G to work. I don't know for sure, since I am still waiting for my device....

Comment

It's not unusual for GPS (in general) to struggle to initialise from "cold start".
                          Assisted GPS speeds this up greatly using
                          * downloaded satellite almanac,
                          * very accurate time,
                          * your approximate position.
                          The last 2 can be obtained from 3G network. I bet inserting a SIM will help get a fix!

Comment

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by fasty View Post
                            It's not unusual for GPS (in general) to struggle to initialise from "cold start".
                            Assisted GPS speeds this up greatly using
                            * downloaded satellite almanac,
                            * very accurate time,
                            * your approximate position.
                            The last 2 can be obtained from 3G network. I bet inserting a SIM will help get a fix!
                            Struggle usually means takes longer time, but in my case no amount of time helps. I have updated agps data through more than one app in playstore, does not help.

When I am using high precision I can get semi accurate position in maps, but that is because WiFi help localize my device, if I change to GPS only after that then I'm back to no position

/J

Comment

brian cwm recovery download

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                              Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 6 August 2014

Here's a lightly reworked ROM based on Cube's U65GT V1.8 firmware of 3 Sept 2014, yet another update from cube versioned 1.8

ROM Download update from 3 September

So what do you get?
                              • UK English by default
                              • Root
                              • Removal of Chinese apps
                              • init.d support with busybox integration
                              • libMali.so fix as found by dmc0306
                              • option of CWM recovery built with rua1's MTK Droid Root Tool, if you want stock recovery I've included this too (look for 'orig')
                              • auto install feature:- if you create an autoinstall folder on your sdcard containing any default apks they will install on first boot. I tend to be sparing in this just loading my preferred file browser, terminal emulator and titanium backup.
                              • adjusted EBR files for increased space for apps. Default is 4Gb with options of 6Gb and the stock 2Gb. Please ensure to chose a matched pair of EBR files.

I've included instructions within the download for flashing both the full ROM (required if you are changing from Cube's earlier firmware) or flashing just logo, boot and system (ANDROID). Hope this is of some use.

I strongly recommend that before flashing you backup anything important and either factory reset from a stock ROM or if you have a custom recovery boot into recovery and clear/format cache and data

Brian

CWM zip for 6 Gig apps space

PS Lepi pointed out to me that its easy to boot into recovery as follows. First power off the U65GT, it vibrates when shut down completes. Press and hold power for about a second then press and hold vol+ until a menu displays (its small in white). Scroll through the menu options with vol+ and select with vol-

Lepi's brightness patch can be found in this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post217270.

I've noticed while preparing a post on modifying MTK ROMs that I've broken the init.d functionality. I'll sort a patch for this to be flashed from cwm for those that need it.
                              where I could download it?

Comment

Recovery issue

I flashed the rom and all the fixes (increased the app partition too).... but when I enter the recovery i got this:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150101_201612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	435785
                                and i'm unable to flash other recovery (twrp), it said installation aborted.I flashed again the same recovery with flash tools, it succeed but it doesn't change anything.
                                The tablet works fine but i have to figure it out, please help.
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X