Neomode Custom Rom Minix X5 mini Android 4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neomode Custom Rom Minix X5 mini Android 4.4

Running against the Wall. Don't understand where I should look.
    Ethernet Works WiFi not. Or WiFi Works and no Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Right now donĀ“t think of it.
      Hard enough to get KitKat to run.

Neomode
      I have gather what we need to make this happen
      Just need 1-2 weeks work including F&P

Comment

Hey guys anyone knows the x5 mini remote control gpio?
        this RK30_PIN6_PA1 doesnt work

Comment

I have one of these x5 minis and also have an mxq. Aside from wifi not working on the custom rom on the x5 mini does it make the x5 run any better than on 4.2? the mxq on 4.4.2 seems a bit easier to navigate with the remote than the x5 with 4.2.
          "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
            Running against the Wall. Don't understand where I should look.
            Ethernet Works WiFi not. Or WiFi Works and no Ethernet

Weird chip? The box runs fast on network. Would be good to have WiFi but still gives kitcat option ray so thanks for your hard work on this.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Wifi is fixed (works on first boot- dont try to disable it though) kernel is fully updated to latest upstream and remote ir module works now but... I cant make minix remote to work

Comment

Do you guys need any other driver? I use it now with microsoft ir receiver with an RC6 compatible Media Center remote

Comment

So.. after no response here is the new kernel as it is, enjoy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                    I've been following this thread for quiet a while and finally decided to update my Minix Neo X5 Mini yesterday. I mainly use my box for live tv via xbmc, but now the pre-installed xbmc crashes all the time and my IR remote (came with the box) doesn't work. I knew about the remote issues, but since demetris asked if anyone needed drivers...
                    Mainly my questions are as followed:
                    - what can i do about the xbmc (gotham 13.2) issue? update to kodi?
                    - is there anything i can do to fix live-tv bufferproblems, or is this box just to slow?

thx a lot!

Comment

I use the box streaming 1080p without your reported issues.

Comment

thanks for the reply.
                        do you use gotham or kodi? and did you change the advancedsettings?

Comment

Kodi dont remember if i change anything tbh

Comment

ok, i'll try that. just streamed a fotball match in 1080p and gotham crashed about 10 times in addition to some buffer issues here and there. i also tried streaming it with my pc and had no problems. hope to fix it by updating to kodi! i'll keep you informed. thx

Comment

Hmm i think is better to open a new thread with my firmware as i really dont have any issues at all. In fact is the first time i manage to stream 1080p with wifi without a glitch

Comment

Well do it Demetri!

Originally posted by demetris View Post
                                Hmm i think is better to open a new thread with my firmware as i really dont have any issues at all. In fact is the first time i manage to stream 1080p with wifi without a glitch
                                You are free to open up that thread man...
                                We are waiting for it megale!

Comment

Working...
                                X