No announcement yet.

Neomode Custom Rom Minix X5 mini Android 4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got red box in flash tool god I've bricked one already. Damn.

Any one know what pins short for mask on x5 mini??? Seems I've screwed flash so won't take rom.

Edit finally got into mask mode. Minix rom loading now that was fun lol.
    Last edited by scooter2014; 10-13-2014, 18:02.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      I working on it to get Wifi to Work. Now I have some Work free Time.
      Neomode

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P7-L10
      Master Neo,

What about wifi update? Any news? I'm completely expecting your "magic" rom

Thanks and thanks a lot

Comment

Ok I have one box that seems to have a issue with the kitkat, its strange because it looks like the file format is kinda funky. It will load but get the no connection issue google. when flashing noticed file size was not 1024 but some other number 1009 i think nand is corruped. i think only way to correct would be short the pins and hope for the best? maybe nand blown or chip defective? ive re flashed few times and put back to stock it works but also seems slower and not working as well as the other box i have like its off somehow?
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Neomode anything for testing would love to see this with WiFi working.

Comment

Remote and SPDIF

Hi Neomode/all

I flashed the ROM from the first post, which solved my netflix dilemma so that the current version works with High Def (yay!), but...

My box doesn't respond to the remote - no real big drama, I use a mouse anyway.

SPDIF doesn't work and doesn't show up as an option in the sound manager in settings - that's the big issue for me as I use this box with an older amp that only has optical in.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Just when i thought people were forgetting us mini users....

This for me is very exciting news neomode!

I absolutely thought people were ditching support for this device, but it is still my day to day device and works like a charm, i hope to see this rom work smoothly (wifi and other bugs fixed) one day.

I will be certainly flashing it to my mini.

Comment

Could you make the same rom for X5 (NOT mini) ?

Could you please make the same rom for X5 (NOT mini) ?
                I'm aware that there is a rom from Karel, but it doesn't support head phones jake...

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                Hello all,

I know a lot of the Users of the X5
                mini want Android KitKat. Here it is the first Beta of KitKat fit for the mini.

What Work?

Lan
                USB
                Spif
                SD card

What not work?

WIFI

I am Working on it only Ethernet works.

What comes with the ROM?

Android 4.4
                Custom Kernel 1080p
                XBMC
                Rooted

I have tested the Rom all Work Smooth.

Download:

Regards
                Neomode

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P7-L10

Comment

Need WiFi is all.

Comment

Hi Neomode

Any luck with the WiFi any kernels to check?
                    Have one box that just won't take the update without WiFi.

Comment

How can i install this?this is not iso

Comment

congrats to neomode

very good try from neomode and many thanks to him..i have a minix neo x5 mini also between many others tv boxes and i found that rom is very good..despite the fact that wifi doesnt work and playstore is no problem for me as i use it only with xbmc..the only thing i want to know is how i can use kodi 14 with this as i can download it but there is no filemanager or es downloader so i can install it to my box,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Just got red box in flash tool god I've bricked one already. Damn.

Any one know what pins short for mask on x5 mini??? Seems I've screwed flash so won't take rom.

Edit finally got into mask mode. Minix rom loading now that was fun lol.
                          If you tell me what you did to unbrick x5 mini i"ll try to help with android development, i just have to have a way to unbrick this baby.(just got it for free)

Comment

Hello,
                            The easy way is to do a Nand reset. Open the Box and search for the Nand Chip. Then Brick pin 7 and 8 in it and turn it on. Now your Computer should find the device in Mask ROM Mode.
                            Now you can reflash it.

Comment

Are you guys interested in a 14.04 ubuntu with mali hw acceleration?

Comment

Originally posted by demetris View Post
                                Are you guys interested in a 14.04 ubuntu with mali hw acceleration?

everything that keep me occupied ass a tester im up for ;D

nice work to neomode, so fast and nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X