Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: polaroid ptab8000 8" ics tablet. got su, but cant get market on it

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    Heya AP. So as you can tell by the recent posts, I'm trying to figure out if your guys' tablets get into FEL mode (like all the other Polaroid tablets do). The instructions for ( a seemingly similar) PMID800 failed, so I'm re-thinking whether this is indeed the 'sister' model to the PTAB8000. At any rate, that was the approach I was taking. If you can get to the mode where Live Suite can load/flash an .img file then I'd be in business.

To be clear, I would only look at a modified ROM on your device(s). I want to be especially careful with this device, as it's the *only* Polaroid device that is 'restored' by loading a zip file onto the SD card. Makes me concerned when even Polaroid hasn't allowed it to be flashed the 'standard' way as the other tablets...
    A modified stock ROM would still be very nice.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    AndroidPizza

Comment

Originally posted by AndroidPizza View Post
      A modified stock ROM would still be very nice.

ok, sir enough. get crack-a-lacking on it. i need you to find a way to get me into an upgrade mode to flash a live suite image. maybe email Polaroid....?
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

ok, sir enough. get crack-a-lacking on it. i need you to find a way to get me into an upgrade mode to flash a live suite image. maybe email Polaroid....?
        Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't LiveSuite just for Allwinner A10 based devices?

The PTAB8000 is an AMLogic 8726 based tablet...

Comment

Originally posted by mbellot View Post
          Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't LiveSuite just for Allwinner A10 based devices?

The PTAB8000 is an AMLogic 8726 based tablet...
          Correction noted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-A9_MPCore.

Check the bottom of the page-it's an A9, so conceivably, it should work, assuming they built that functionality in.

UPDATE: Hmm...once again, now I'm now beginning to wonder if mbellot's correct...

Comment

Ah. Sure thing. I once asked a customer service for another tablet to give me a ROM, even though they insisted the week before that a stock ROM didn't exist (which I knew was a lie). All I had to do was play dumb and make up lies about getting a virus(and make sure I didn't use the "r" word). Now, what lies can I make up for the folks at Southern Telecom? Hmm...

AndroidPizza

Comment

Ah. Sure thing. I once asked a customer service for another tablet to give me a ROM, even though they insisted the week before that a stock ROM didn't exist (which I knew was a lie). All I had to do was play dumb and make up lies about getting a virus(and make sure I didn't use the "r" word). Now, what lies can I make up for the folks at Southern Telecom? Hmm...

Hmmm...maybe say for whatever reason you don't own an SD card and that you would like to update via the computer instead?

Comment

Hmmm...maybe say for whatever reason you don't own an SD card and that you would like to update via the computer instead?
                Sounds believable. Writing an email right now.

AndroidPizza

Comment

Okay, how does this sound?
                  "Hello,
                  I need to upgrade the firmware on my tablet, but I do not currently own an SD card. Can you please tell me how to get my tablet into upgrade/download mode, so I can install the upgrade from my computer using the LiveSuite program?"

Edit: Sent.

AndroidPizza

Comment

Okay, how does this sound?
                    "Hello,
                    I need to upgrade the firmware on my tablet, but I do not currently own an SD card. Can you please tell me how to get my tablet into upgrade/download mode, so I can install the upgrade from my computer using the LiveSuite program?"

Edit: Sent.

Now hopefully we'll know for sure if it's flashable via live suite...

Comment

Now hopefully we'll know for sure if it's flashable via live suite...
                      Polaroid never replied to me. Anyone else wanna shoot them an email?
                      AndroidPizza

Comment

Bump

AndroidPizza

Comment

I stumbled across this thread while researching a development issue for a similar tablet.

Do you guys still need help with rooting or making custom ROMs for this tablet? It's an Amlogic tablet right?

The methods I use to make custom recoveries, flashable root packages and ROMs for the Amlogic Nextbooks should work on ANY amlogic tablet.

Let me know if you need some work on this model.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                            I stumbled across this thread while researching a development issue for a similar tablet.

Do you guys still need help with rooting or making custom ROMs for this tablet? It's an Amlogic tablet right?

The methods I use to make custom recoveries, flashable root packages and ROMs for the Amlogic Nextbooks should work on ANY amlogic tablet.

Let me know if you need some work on this model.

ShaunMT
                            Hey Shaun. I'm pretty sure SOMEONE with this tablet on here would be extremely grateful if you made a custom ROM for this device. I know it's not Allwinner, and I honestly haven't had time with all the other devices I'm working on to delve into this beast. Since it sounds like you're already used to it, I'll speak for the community of PTAB8000 device owners and say "yes, please make a ROM"

Comment

Hey Shaun. I'm pretty sure SOMEONE with this tablet on here would be extremely grateful if you made a custom ROM for this device. I know it's not Allwinner, and I honestly haven't had time with all the other devices I'm working on to delve into this beast. Since it sounds like you're already used to it, I'll speak for the community of PTAB8000 device owners and say "yes, please make a ROM"
                              I managed to find the stock ROM, which is complete. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. It shouldn't take much effort to get a modified 3e recovery together. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it could boot one of my Nextbook recoveries, I just need a volunteer to do some testing. It should definitely be able to use the same root and gapps packages as the Amlogic Nextbooks.
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                                I managed to find the stock ROM, which is complete. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. It shouldn't take much effort to get a modified 3e recovery together. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it could boot one of my Nextbook recoveries, I just need a volunteer to do some testing. It should definitely be able to use the same root and gapps packages as the Amlogic Nextbooks.
                                I don't have one...maybe I can find one cheap on **** hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X