Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

After the Pre-release we are proud to announce the official release of the;

MINIX Forum "Community Edition" Kitkat 4.4.2

Changelog;
    - recovery/OTA fix
    - static ip bug fix
    - video player/hls fixes
    - security vulnarability fixes
    - init.d support
    - camera brightness fix
    - freeze after uninstall app fix
    - HDMI patch for DRM apps
    - DDR optimalisation ( not overclock )
    - Multi user support ( not fully working yet )
    - Dual input devices frees/crash fix.
    - new kernel logo
    - etc.

Our team has been working hard to make it an awsome rom.
    The work was mostly based on stability and bugfixing.

Download link:

MD5 checksum: 5FF7874FBE1CE8F1B9576467B63F06FC
    WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! NOT EASY TO GO BACK TO 4.2!!
    (You need to use RK flashtool, do not try to flash it like an OTA update.zip !)

Available Updates:

X7 CE v2.0.0 - root update
    X7 CE v2.0.0 - unroot update
    X7 CE v2.0.0 - VPN Fix

To install rename the downloaded file to update.zip and place at the internal flash drive root or USB stick root, android will find the update and request you to install.

From the MINIX Forum Developers Team;
    @gufone
    @KAR
    @HardwareGuru

Support and updates on the MINIX Forum:

I installed yesterday, and after one day, the ROM is fantastic

Comment

Best Minix X7 KK ROM up to now. Unfortunately with same old kernel as the others.
      Last edited by Ico747; 11-17-2014, 18:46.

Comment

Wow, after reading all the reviews in the Minix forum this ROM sounds great!

I am currently running wasser's V1.04 KK ROM on my Ugoos UT2 and it works fine but because of it being for Minix my UT2's stock remote control is pretty much useless. Is there ANY hope for us UT2 owner's seeing a version of this ROM available for the UT2???? Please???

BTW - There was an offer made here of a 1000.00USD award for the best ROM, I don't know if it still stands but might be worth checking out!
        FLHT = Harley
        HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Sorry .. It will not be ported to another device. Even if they put a price on it

Comment

RJ45 Network interface problem

Hi, Just installed the new CE rom. Looks good, nice boot animation Having trouble getting the network interface (RJ45) to work, it won't pick up an address from the DHCP server nor will it function with a static address.

The wireless interface and bluetooth seem to function properly. Any thoughts..

Thanks in advance. Ynot

Comment

Try another cable ... Fw downloaded 1500 + times an no such error reported. Using ethernet all the time myself .

Kar

Comment

Network issue

Originally posted by KAR View Post
                Try another cable ... Fw downloaded 1500 + times an no such error reported. Using ethernet all the time myself .

Kar
                Solved, looks like it was a conflict between the network adapter and the wireless mouse Minix A2. Unplugged the A2 USB dongle, a reboot and all is good. Didn't do any further testing as my A2 isn't working well anyway.

Comment

Rom is fantastic it even beats wassers rom

Good work

Comment

Anyone been brave enough to try it on a Ugoos UT2?
                    FLHT = Harley
                    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                      Anyone been brave enough to try it on a Ugoos UT2?
                      On Toucan Stick G4 (k3188/8Gb/2Gb/wifi AP6330) works normally but to flash this ROM, it is necessary to make changes to a file parameter, according to the device.

Comment

comparing

how does this compare to finless rom 1.9 , just bought another neo7 was looking for new
                        thanks

Comment

This rom, beats the Finless Bob 1.9...now i love my X7

I loads fast, play smooth, Use it for netflix and online web-tv...in Denmark.
                          How ever, can't make the kalender work, seems to be a problem with the account log in...pehaps its a KK problem...
                          I haven't tried the wireless internet connection...I always use cable...and it works...dammm fine...

I'vd have tried 8lot of ROM's for the X7... this is the best Rom, if u use u X7 as a TV-box...

Big Thanks from denmark...

Comment

Should I install?

Originally posted by TheDane View Post
                            I loads fast, play smooth, Use it for netflix and online web-tv...in Denmark.
                            How ever, can't make the kalender work, seems to be a problem with the account log in...pehaps its a KK problem...
                            I haven't tried the wireless internet connection...I always use cable...and it works...dammm fine...

I'vd have tried 8lot of ROM's for the X7... this is the best Rom, if u use u X7 as a TV-box...

Big Thanks from denmark...
                            Hi, iI am on quickshot 3.1 for some time now. I tried them all. (wasser, finless, etc..) This rom is the only one I did not flash.
                            Is it better /faster compared to QS 3.1?

Comment

Re: MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Try it and you will see

Comment

Working...
                              X