Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Originally posted by kokoui View Post
    Are there any oc kernels available for this firmware? Also can someone who used wassers and this rom to provide any comparison? Thanks in advance
    No there are no oc kernels for this firmware. Also as we are pushing OTA soon it every update will replace your kernel. Second.. Our kernel and framework are not standard so putting an oc kernel from another firmware in it will render some features unusable. Oc kernels will not be provided also. Hope this awnsers your questions.

Comparing is just a matter of taste and needs. Its a very personal thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedur View Post
      Can you make 720p kernel too?
      Maybe as a seporate patch soon.. But might not be maintained as every update we make includes kernel changes. And an ota update will bring it back to 1080p again. We probably dont want to maintain different branches such as an 720 kernel with every release. Time will tell.

Comment

Btw.. Thanks molle for helping out on some questions.. Verry much appreciated

Comment

hi
          can have a kernel that is compatible with my thochscreen capacitive (goodix gt9113 gt802) USB I tried all versions but without success.
          I have an advice of those who can help me

Comment

Hulu crashes it.

Tried the Hulu app. When show started to load then bam! black screen of death. had to pull power to reboot but just hung at load screen. re-flashed several times to get it to work again. gave Hulu another shot and bam! well you can guess the rest.

Comment

quick question

i finally! was able to get my minix x7 into flash mode. i had to take the board out of the box to make sure the usb was getting proper connection. but i'm excited to try a new ROM finally. quick quesitons tho before i continue. . .

i'm on finless 1.8 the disclaimer at the beginning about going back to 4.2 has me a lil concerned.

first. the new rkflashtool provided in the rom download doesn't seem to have an erase nand button like the old rkflash tool did. Thoughts?

do i run this as an update?

just makin sure since i don't see anyway to do a back up

Comment

Use the "restore" button to flash

Comment

To downgrade your box you will have to hold the power button in through yhe first have of the process. I had to do it twice to get it to work.

Comment

After some thought I decided to give this firmware another try and I couldn't be happier. Aside from the Hulu crash (my tv has hulu so no big whoop) and the rare xbmc crash, this has been the most stable firmware I have ever used and I have one of those crappie x7s that never worked right out of the box. I have just been hoping that someone would make a firmware like this to fix it.
                    So thank you to all the developers of this firmware.

Comment

Update: It worked! finally enjoying 4.4.2 on my x7. thank you to all the devs indeed!!!

Edit/Update2: So far this rom is blazing fast. Much smoother performance than i had on finless 1.8. Netflix, HBO Go, Crackle, everything streaming fine over WiFi. Haven't tried LAN yet. One small quirk i noticed; I can't get anything to play in youtube above 720. I have my screen settings at 1920-1080-60. and i'm using a 1080 monitor. is this kernel related? I've installed the latest youtube apk 6.0.1.3 or w/e it is and i'm watching videos that my phone has no problem watching in 1080

the root update worked like a charm
                      xposed installed fine
                      and my modules all seem to be working

also can't seem to change the wallpaper. w/e i choose it stays the same
                      EDIT: this was fixed after a reboot

im sure i'll play around and figure something out. might change the launcher and see if that helps overall great experience so far with this ROM!

I've tried a few different launchers (Nova, GNL, and TSF) all seem to be working quite well. However, I'm unable to change a particular Wallpaper setting. Normally in android when i set a wallpaper i'm presented with a Crop Photo screen, and usually a setting for (stretched, tile, or center) modes. All my backgrounds appear to be zoomed way in on the center. With no way to change it makes quite a few of the backgrounds unpleasent to look at.
                      anyone else run into this problem? maybe someone did and has possible workaround?
                      Last edited by unlo; 12-09-2014, 17:38.

Comment

hello everybody,

i was with qs3.1 and wanted to test this one; a good rom and fast rom to stay with.

im using an apk named "TV d'orange" for french tv. This apk is ok with différents phone or tablet even my old modded mk808 but all under jelly bean; but under kitkat i have a black screen and error code from apk (this code = not functionning in fact).

if anyone is using this apk, thanks for help or idea.

Comment

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
                          hello everybody,

i was with qs3.1 and wanted to test this one; a good rom and fast rom to stay with.

im using an apk named "TV d'orange" for french tv. This apk is ok with différents phone or tablet even my old modded mk808 but all under jelly bean; but under kitkat i have a black screen and error code from apk (this code = not functionning in fact).

if anyone is using this apk, thanks for help or idea.
                          Possibly an HLS streaming issue if you're receiving a black screen, a few apps that use HLS for their streaming method don't work with this Rom.

Have reported this issue a few times along with others and asked for any updates from the devs, unfortunately falls on deaf ears.

I know they're always very busy so maybe you'll have better luck asking in the official minix forum for help on this matter.

I believe they're releasing a new OTA Rom update sometime soon so maybe it'll resolve these issues.

Comment

There will be an update soon. But not much regarding hls for that release. It will include a lot of other fixes though (audio/wifidisplay/sensors/rkexplorer/vpn/bt/networking/etc)..

Comment

Originally posted by HardwareGuru View Post
                              There will be an update soon. But not much regarding hls for that release. It will include a lot of other fixes though (audio/wifidisplay/sensors/rkexplorer/vpn/bt/networking/etc)..
                              Looks like you're making great progress with the fixes and features, brilliant! Well done.

With regards to HLS, if its of any help in the future if you have time, the 4.4.2 Kitkat Rom in the following link below works fine with plently of HLS based apps I have tried like Hulu Plus etc etc.

I so far havent found any kitkat rom the works properly, if at all apart from this one which is for a rk3066 dual core MTK chipset device but maybe it can be dissected for a fix/solution.

I've also been following these links with regards to the screen blackout issues with HLS and Kitkat 4.4.2 which is obvioulsy a known issue with the base rom.

The HLS streams do not play video, but they do play audio. Device information: Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.2 / Build KOT49H Chrome 36.0.1985.131 HLS Streams that play on other An...

Can anyone shed light on the following problem? The android native mediaplayer seems to now use the PTS (Presentation Time Stamp) values in the transport stream to determine playback in the stream,

If I find anything further or a possible fix to this issue, I'll share here and the minix forum.

Thanks

Comment

Seems like I might have to try out this ROM. Only thing, I use my X7 for some gaming, N64 emulator etc. with Sixaxis app, and the rest is XBMC etc.. Anyone tried connecting a PS3 controller?

Currently on finless 1.8 and I don't want to loose the gaming properties of it

Comment

Working...
                                X