Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hjhoekie View Post
    Hi, iI am on quickshot 3.1 for some time now. I tried them all. (wasser, finless, etc..) This rom is the only one I did not flash.
    Is it better /faster compared to QS 3.1?
    As a tv-android box...i think this rom is the best... I can live with some minor errors in apps, as long it's booting fast and system are steady...
    I haven't been all around the hole KK platform, but videoplayer and tv-software are working fine...
    On netflix u got the buffer-error...video are blured for the first 3-5 sec after that its playing fine, sometime you have to select the sub again... ill guess it's a netflix problem.
    I REALLY LOVE MY ANDROID TV BOX NOW...once again thanks to Hardwareguru, Gufone and Kar...no need to go X8my X7 is alive....and kicking...

And for the people with RK flashtool problem, remember you need the RKdrivers to make it work...otherwise the X7 wil not be recoginized correct.
    Last edited by TheDane; 11-22-2014, 15:22.

Comment

Any plans for an X7 Mini version?

Comment

Re: MINIX X7 KitKat 4.4.2 CE ( Community Edition 2.0.0 )

Originally posted by pennhaven View Post
        Any plans for an X7 Mini version?
        Yes, once we think it is stable enough a mini version will be created. No ETA.

Kar

Comment

Originally posted by KAR View Post
          Yes, once we think it is stable enough a mini version will be created. No ETA.
          Thanks.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if this rom works out of the box with the A2 remote button mapping?

What I'm REALLY looking for is that the play/pause button on the A2 works in the Netflix app. It's killing me everytime I pause/resume and have to do it with the air mouse pointer.

Or is that something that can be configured afterwards anyway?

Comment

That is a netflix app limitation.. Nothing we can do at as far as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by pantz View Post
                Can anyone confirm if this rom works out of the box with the A2 remote button mapping?

What I'm REALLY looking for is that the play/pause button on the A2 works in the Netflix app. It's killing me everytime I pause/resume and have to do it with the air mouse pointer.

Or is that something that can be configured afterwards anyway?
                I have no experience with a remote, i use a plain standard good quality wireless mouse and keyboard...
                Its easy... I dont like all the small buttons, and the flumsy touchpad...

Comment

stupid question time.... do i need to root before flashing this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by munky18t View Post
                    stupid question time.... do i need to root before flashing this rom?
                    There are no stupid questions . .. no root needed

Kar

Comment

I'm using quickshot 3.1 now..So, i just flash this rom like any other?

Comment

Originally posted by Van Zeppelin View Post
                        I'm using quickshot 3.1 now..So, i just flash this rom like any other?
                        Yes just flash like any other.

Comment

Switched from Wasser 1.0.4 to this ROM just now. I'm very impressed!

No problems with the transition itself (flash -> root -> Titanium Restore). The only thing I've noticed, and this was present in Wasser's ROM as well, is that when watching a movie with a multi-channel soundtrack using passthrough in XBMC (or SPMC), I sometimes lose all stereo sound afterwards. Nothing helps with this loss of sound short of a reboot.
                          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                            Switched from Wasser 1.0.4 to this ROM just now. I'm very impressed!

No problems with the transition itself (flash -> root -> Titanium Restore). The only thing I've noticed, and this was present in Wasser's ROM as well, is that when watching a movie with a multi-channel soundtrack using passthrough in XBMC (or SPMC), I sometimes lose all stereo sound afterwards. Nothing helps with this loss of sound short of a reboot.
                            Molle - When this happens on mine (Ugoos UT2 Wasser 1.04 and wasser XBMC) If I play another movie sound gets restored.

I also discovered returning to Android Home screen (yes leave XBMC running) put it in sleep mode then wake it will bring back audio. I guess someone forgot to init the sound device in the KK code...but what do I know, I'm a n00b
                            FLHT = Harley
                            HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Well, tried that, no luck.
                              The only way to goet the sound back is a reset.
                              This is a real dealbreaker for me, I have to go back to my 4.2.2 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                                Well, tried that, no luck.
                                The only way to goet the sound back is a reset.
                                This is a real dealbreaker for me, I have to go back to my 4.2.2 version.
                                Tried what ?

Comment

Working...
                                X