This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kjalsing View Post
    Can you use an USB stick with fat32 to do th upgrad instead of an SDcard ?
    /Kenneth
    That's possible. Did it myself a few times.

Comment

Originally Posted by Genem
      Can someone check the working temp please (with CPU temp from the playstore), when playing an movie? Mines got a bit high (to 83c). And you can feel with your hand the box runs hot.
      On both my 8-h systems.
      Checked my X8, core 2 100% usage, core 1 30% and cores 3 & 4 idle, went to settings, advanced and changed usb remote off, checked and now core 2 idle but core 3 at 100%, changed settings back and core 2 showing 100%. had to turn unit off the other nite as it was cooking?
      My Tronsmart showing cores 1 & 3 at 30%, 2 & 4 idle in standby

Comment

You are correct!

Originally posted by Genem View Post
        Problem with high temperature is probably caused by an ir. module wich is included in the new fw.2. As soon there is no airmouse connected the system keeps intensive scanning for the missing signal. Thats why the core2 stays almost 100% all the time and the temp rises to high. As soon as the airmouse is connected, the tempo stay normal.
        hope they fix it before the ota update.
        is it something Finless can fix too?.
        I salute you good sir. Plugged in the air mouse. Which I hate. CPU droppedback to normal and in turn so did the heat.
        Now if someone can find a fix that would be appreciated.

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
          Problem with high temperature is probably caused by an ir. module wich is included in the new fw.2. As soon there is no airmouse connected the system keeps intensive scanning for the missing signal. Thats why the core2 stays almost 100% all the time and the temp rises to high. As soon as the airmouse is connected, the tempo stay normal.
          hope they fix it before the ota update.
          is it something Finless can fix too?.
          Thanks Genem. I caught the post by MINIX - Ken about plugging in an airmouse earlier, but have not had time to flash v2 again in order to test...
          Cheers,
          R

Comment

Very good job ! Thanks Bob for your time you're spending with us. Let me add few notes here, maybe can help to others.

There is a Dreambox DM500HD device connected to my LAN. It is a HD satellite receiver with 2TB disk that is attached via eSata port. Receiver records a video into ".ts" files in MPEG4 format with several audio streams.

To access a content from Dreambox I use two ways
            - "Dreamdroid" android application for browsing through the content - sattelite TV stations and recorder videos
            - "ES File manager" to connect a Dreambox disk to my Minix

Important is, that any content (online TV streams or recorded video) I play with KODI with no problem, no stuttering. Any other player like BSPlayer and so on is not needed. What is great :-). Resolution is 1080i.

Thanks again
            Last edited by rmkk; 12-11-2014, 20:17.

Comment

I need help installing Rom Finless Minix 2.0 X8-H, please!!!

Hi !! I'm determined to spend this rom, but I have a small doubt about installation, in the first post indicated that the steps are:
              1. Unzip the downloaded zip.
              2. Copy the contents to the sd card formatted in fat32, root directory.
              3. Insert the SD in the TV-Box off.
              4. With the TV-Box off let down the reset button (on the bottom) and switch.
              5. The TV-Box will start updating.

My problem is that when I decompress the ZIP, copy it to the sd, I get 3 or 4 other folders + zip + ....
              If you could aclarame which files should I copy to SD are .... and what not ....
              Thank you very much !!!

Comment

E: failed to verify whole-file signature

I just got the X8-h.... but when i try to upgrade to finless 2.0 i get this problem...
                E: failed to verify whole-file signature

I tried diffrent sd cards....i checked its fat32...

Comment

Bad download, dl it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nukipipa View Post
                    Hi !! I'm determined to spend this rom, but I have a small doubt about installation, in the first post indicated that the steps are:
                    1. Unzip the downloaded zip.
                    2. Copy the contents to the sd card formatted in fat32, root directory.
                    3. Insert the SD in the TV-Box off.
                    4. With the TV-Box off let down the reset button (on the bottom) and switch.
                    5. The TV-Box will start updating.

My problem is that when I decompress the ZIP, copy it to the sd, I get 3 or 4 other folders + zip + ....
                    If you could aclarame which files should I copy to SD are .... and what not ....
                    Thank you very much !!!
                    instructions are in the readme file of the downloaded zip

you only need
                    factory_update_param.aml
                    neox8_finless_2_0.zip

on your SD card

Comment

YouTube in 1080p

YouTube is showing 720 P max in Minix X8-H. Is there any way to get 1080p or more than that with this rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by palky View Post
                        YouTube is showing 720 P max in Minix X8-H. Is there any way to get 1080p or more than that with this rom ?
                        I saw a cat playing the piano on youtube, can this ROM make it play Beethoven's 5th? ... sorry couldn't resist. Do you really think the manufacturer and all the retailers would lie about the specs? lol, of course it does 1080p, right out of the box

Comment

minix neo x8h

I did the finless 2.0 and have much buffering. QUOTE=Moulin1980;254543]Thanks bob for the new ROM, few, tests ;

Film 720p in ( sd card & USB ) with video player :

- MX Player v1.7.34 = stutter
                          - BsPlayer = perfect
                          - Player natif = perfect
                          - kodi-14.0-Helix_rc1-armeabi-v7a = perfect ... DTS 5.1 ( OK )
                          - wasser-kodi-1.0 = perfect ... DTS 5.1 ( OK )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Film 720p via streaming web with player :

- kodi-14.0-Helix_rc1-armeabi-v7a = perfect ... DTS 5.1 ( OK )
                          - wasser-kodi-1.0 = perfect ... no DTS 5.1
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the rest, all seems fine functioned, it's really, a great ROM.

thank you very much, for your work ( cheers ).[/QUOTE]

Comment

[QUOTE=raulrestrepo;258188]I did the finless 2.0 and have much buffering.

Comment

Minix 002 vs finless 002

Can anyone tell me the benifits of finless 002
                              please

Comment

Originally posted by Tommya2004 View Post
                                Can anyone tell me the benifits of finless 002
                                please
                                try reading the 1st post in the thread...........

Comment

Working...
                                X