Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
    Cool, any + or - that you can see?
    Granted we're talking about incremental, not dramatic, gains, I'm liking it more than any of the others I've sampled - even though I don't care for the stock Kit-Kat font.

It seems to run faster.

You can get it from me if the Pan Baidu site is slow.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Re : Alternative to Stock Rom

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
      Granted we're talking about incremental, not dramatic, gains, I'm liking it more than any of the others I've sampled - even though I don't care for the stock Kit-Kat font.

It seems to run faster.

https://mega.co.nz/#!odk3nDAS!KPgbpZ...2OelfgW7cb7NAM
      Whow much do you get with Antutu benchmark???

Comment

It seems to run faster.

Thanks Zahir, I will try it.
        I wonder if it runs live wallpapers (not that I am so hysterically keen on them, but it's one indication that it is at least different from what we've had before) and if the ext keyboard works properly after being on standby...
        later today...
        Out: USB audio, HDMI
        In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Thanks Zahir, I will try it.
          I wonder if it runs live wallpapers (not that I am so hysterically keen on them, but it's one indication that it is at least different from what we've had before) and if the ext keyboard works properly after being on standby...
          later today...
          I've had no general trouble with my Logitech 400r. Works fine after coming out of standby. Make sure you've turned hardware keyboard ON under Settings/Language and Input.

Best 1080p video results in XBMC obtained with libstagefright OFF and audio offset set to 75ms ahead.

Antutu is pretty damn good:

Attached Files
          Last edited by Zahir; 12-12-2014, 15:24.

Comment

Hmm...Interesting...Amazon saids.."Up to HDMI 2.0"

Comment

Granted we're talking about incremental, not dramatic, gains, I'm liking it more than any of the others I've sampled
              ooo dear.
              the font is SOOO frigging tiny, even when set to HUGE!!!!
              I cannot use this rom at all like this... i did a bit of searching and see the build.prop file needs to be modded... but does changing the ro.sf.lcd_density value change the ability of the device to play 1080p properly, or just the resolution of the home screen?

Actually, I dont see a ro.sf.lcd entry, only a persist.sys.disp to change density from 160...
              Is that what I should change, and if so, to a lower value? When I change it to 130 and save, I get an Error occurred when trying to save file, it will not be saved...

Thanks,
              Mark.
              Last edited by fredphoesh; 12-12-2014, 20:11. Reason: correction

Comment

ooo dear.
                I cannot use this rom at all like this... i did a bit of searching and see the build.prop file needs to be modded... but does changing the ro.sf.lcd_density value change the ability of the device to play 1080p properly, or just the resolution of the home screen?
                tx
                Mark.

Yes - the font is tiny and not pretty. Do the DPI change in build.prop.

Changing it to 240 does not affect 1080p playback.

Comment

Yes - the font is tiny and not pretty. Do the DPI change in build.prop.

Changing it to 240 does not affect 1080p playback.
                  how is 1080p video in xbmc on this rom? better then stock rom?

Comment

Change DPI

1. Open ES File Explorer

2 Under Tools, turn "Root Explorer" ON. Grant SU permission when asked.

3. Click on "Root Explorer" again. Check RW for "System".

3. Reboot

4. Open ES File, go to the root directory, then "System".

5. Open build.prop and turn on "edit" from the top right corner

6. Scroll about 2/3rds down and find the density entry: it will be 160. Change that to 240, taking care not to change anything else.

7. Back out of Edit mode, when asked, 'Save' the change.

Reboot and you have done it.
                    Last edited by Zahir; 12-12-2014, 21:31.

Comment

ooo dear.

Actually, I dont see a ro.sf.lcd entry, only a persist.sys.disp to change density from 160...
                      Is that what I should change, and if so, to a lower value? When I change it to 130 and save, I get an Error occurred when trying to save file, it will not be saved...

Thanks,
                      Mark.
                      Mark - see my guide above

Comment

It seems to run faster.

Would it be the best rom??? Even better than Finless?

Comment

1. Open ES File Explorer
                          Excellent! Thanks!
                          Much better, but still the font is very crappy...

BBC iPlayer is not playing, app opens but as video is about to play, it backs out to the previous screen

Kodi seems good, I will test more tomorrow. WRT what you'd said, Zahir, about it being very slow between pages, I am not finding that. I went to Genesis/Oscar Winners and the first page took about 5 seconds, and going to the next also took about 5 seconds. It felt like the delay was in getting the list rather than the box being slow in displaying it. But I have never seen a second page of downloaded data appearing any faster on any device, so it's pretty normal IMO?

Live wallpaper - do not work at all (says "App Isn't installed" and when you try to load them you get some spammy adverts that cover the process of setting the wallpaper up)

More testing tomorrow...

Mark.

Comment

Yes - I'm planning to keep this rom on until we get Tronsmart V2. Will try to find a way to change the default font. The usual Playstore font changers don't work.

Yes, page speeds here are noticeably faster. No real complaints. XBMC generally does well here.

A lutta continua!

Comment

Dolphin Browser crashes on me when attempting to connect to web site..using the latest version....

Comment

Yes - I'm planning to keep this rom on until we get Tronsmart V2. Will try to find a way to change the default font. The usual Playstore font changers don't work.

Yes, page speeds here are noticeably faster. No real complaints. XBMC generally does well here.

A lutta continua!
                                So far, I'm happy with the stock rom, just for video streaming.
                                I've learned that there's no such perfect rom,it depends only on what you want to do with it. If you can do everything you want , that would be perfect rom!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X