No announcement yet.

Alternative to Stock Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old problem than Finless beta 2: horizontal lines in Netflix when display 100%

Antutu 5.5: 60890 wow! Weird messages : antutu network connection has been blocked by system or software .(My network is always on)

Antutu x v5.1: 31836
    Antutu x v4: 28123

Antutu video tester 2.2: 704
    14:38

I see horizontal lines in recent apps even though the display is under 100%, those lines don't exist in stock rom with 100% display
    Last edited by frhdt007; 12-23-2014, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      I also get these Horizontal lines.
      When I Click recent App icon
      You can see all these lines in the icons
      Any one else...?

In Latest Finless and 掘宝-CX-A99-A80-4.4-6335-20141219v1..
      Cheers
      While I never got lines in Netflix, I do see this issue on recent APPs. Some of them get lines on that screen. So this is not a hardware issue.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I just understand : 100% display in the stock rom =80% in this new rom 20141219v1.

When the display is set at 80%, no lines in Netflix nor recent app!
        At 90%, no lines in Netflix, but exists in recent app.

Somehow they improve antutu benchmark by 5000 points
        Last test 62315!!!!
        Last edited by frhdt007; 12-23-2014, 20:17.

Comment

Pretty much same here,
          Disable HW overlay in Developer Mode also removes lines
          and load Ghost log overlays text on screen while running Netflix and lines will disappear.

Are we having fun yet,

Cheers

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
          I just understand : 100% display in the stock rom =80% in this new rom 20141219v1.

When the display is set at 80%, no lines in Netflix nor recent app!
          At 90%, no lines in Netflix, but exists in recent app.

Somehow they improve antutu benchmark by 5000 points
          Last test 62315!!!!

I just changed font to huge and no lines in recent app with 100% display.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I also get these Horizontal lines.
            When I Click recent App icon
            You can see all these lines in the icons
            Any one else...?

In Latest Finless and 掘宝-CX-A99-A80-4.4-6335-20141219v1..
            Cheers
            I had suffered the same: lines in the icons on recent apps & the bottom "blurred" line while playing videos or streaming 1080p on Kodi, on both Draco Meta with stock FW dated Oct/24 and with the Telos with stock FW dated Nov/21 (two different productions batch, Telos 1 month later than Meta) , so does not looks like it´s a matter of defective batch, looks more like the way as Tronsmart had coded, set the options itself into the firmware; but it´s sure that all of these symptoms for the end users are anomalies or deficiencies into the FW, and Tronsmart it´s not reacting yet with fixes, they are extremenly slow to react, or not paying enough attention to the base firmware of Draco which is Android OS.

Comment

Some things Tronsmart cannot react to as it requires changes from ALLWinner's SDK.

Bob

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

Pretty much same here,
                Disable HW overlay in Developer Mode also removes lines
                and load Ghost log overlays text on screen while running Netflix and lines will disappear.

Are we having fun yet,

Cheers
                Great discovery !
                Disable HW overlays is the solution for me.
                Now 100% display , no horizontal lines anywhere !

Comment

Originally posted by fatbasket View Post
                  No this.
                  What ever you see there... I have no idea... but maybe my eyes too bad
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    What ever you see there... I have no idea... but maybe my eyes too bad
                    If you look at the botton theres a blured line to see, im still in stock and experiencing also this when playing files in xbmc/SPmc.

Comment

Have managed to stop the blurd lines at the bottom

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
                      If you look at the botton theres a blured line to see, im still in stock and experiencing also this when playing files in xbmc/SPmc.
                      nice rom Antutu ver 5.5 666i6

I noticed that the cpu had heat problems using an app core temp it reached 85 C running antutu
                      taking the thing apart it has a small heat sink attached which was cold.
                      between the cpu and heat sink was a 2mm thick thermal pad they are OK for ram or fets but not heat conductive enough for a cpu
                      and considering its 8 cores.
                      I managed to refit the heat sink using attic silver thermal past it was difficult as i needed to make a alloy spacer to stop the heat sink shorting out other components on the board.
                      now the heat sink gets hot and the cpu temp is more stable.
                      now it has no blur at the bottom and quite a considerable boost in performance has stopped crashing when playing games. antutu result is more constant is the unit is hot or cold.

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

Great discovery !
                        Disable HW overlays is the solution for me.
                        Now 100% display , no horizontal lines anywhere !
                        @trebor
                        Disable HW overlays is it a good or bad permanent solution ?

Comment

@trebor
                          Disable HW overlays is it a good or bad permanent solution ?
                          I guess we will both find out soon enough,
                          Someone with more knowledge on exactly what is going on.

Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

I guess we will both find out soon enough,
                            Someone with more knowledge on exactly what is going on.

Cheers
                            According to Wikimedia it's NOT a good permanent solution. On a not routed device , I don't have access to these developers options! So I choose to set display at 80% or 90% if I don't care about the lines on recent app.

Comment

According to Wikimedia it's NOT a good permanent solution. On a not routed device , I don't have access to these developers options! So I choose to set display at 80% or 90% if I don't care about the lines on recent app.
                              Yes you do. You need to turn on developer mode.
                              Go into settings>about>click on the version line (at the bottom) quickly about 6 times and it will turn on developer mode.

bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Some things Tronsmart cannot react to as it requires changes from ALLWinner's SDK.

Bob
                                Yes Bob, You are correct, I had forgotten those guys at Allwinner; They have the bigger liability of the abnormal performance of this SoC / TV boxes A80 based; They have already a "top" selling product on base of "on paper" specs, hopefully they support us, but quickly. The anomalies regarding multimedia (specially video) playback capabilities on Android are at least "bizarre". But Tronsmart, humm, They are entirely responsible for the USB 3 probs (power?), the lack of OTG, the unproper system "rooting", AV port not operative as advertised, the lack of common and very basic features on the original and only one official so far Firmware from them, after they had started to sell this TV Box and being aware of all of these deficiencies reported from here, and many deeply analyzed by you and other advanced users. Hopefully this will turn quickly to good, because until now it´s being quite bitter.
                                Merry x-mas to you Bob and your family and for Freaktab people; thanks for the space over here to interact.

Comment

Working...
                                X