This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    My firmware is based off this firmware. Why do you think otherwise?

Damn... I missed a little edit in build.prop. No biggy. I will fix next update.

As for the sound thing. Just because JB added the ability to use them in menus etc, doesnt mean every driver is there to support every different sound device. I can add drivers etc but I would need them. So if you know where info is on getting them for those devices I can sure try and see what I can do!

Bob
    BIG THX!!!!!!

Comment

CPU clock still locked to 1008 Mhz, not a simple energy management. Still bunch of crap. The very first firmware had 12xx MHz clock...

Comment

Originally posted by Krinyo View Post
        CPU clock still locked to 1008 Mhz, not a simple energy management. Still bunch of crap. The very first firmware had 12xx MHz clock...
        If you flash with the provided older kernel you will have 12xx. It is in the ROM kit and you have a choice.

However many of us running that speed had heat problems! Which is probably why they dropped it to 1008.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for putting together this ROM ... you're awesome !

Unfortunately I'm finding the link does not work. I've tried a bunch of different browsers with no luck.
          try private mode in firefox.works for me.
          tools->start private browsing.

Comment

old kernel remains 1024*768, right?
            I can not flash mine anymore. nand flash is dieing
            If you flash with the provided older kernel you will have 12xx. It is in the ROM kit and you have a choice.

However many of us running that speed had heat problems! Which is probably why they dropped it to 1008.

Bob

Comment

Yes the older kernels will have the 672 resolution.

Nand dieing? Wow I have flashed probably 100 times now and no issues. Nand chips are rated for over 10,000 flashes!

Bob

Comment

Bob
                Heating? Not wonder, CPU is running 1 GHz ALWAYS!!! Not an ondemand CPU scaling in the kernel, which help heat dissipation too!

This thing have many venting holes, heatsinks, so what is the problem with 1,6 GHz CPU clock??? set it to on-demand, and most of the time it will run at 2xx MHz! This thing advertised as a revised, improved product over UG802, and it's not. Possibly somebody not able to compile a GOOD kernel for it.

It's false advertising, I buy MK808 for promises (more memory, heatsink -> faster CPU, new WiFi, dual antennas, etc.) and there is a whole crap for the money.

Older kernel: wrong screen ratio, no go.
                This new firmware is unstable, I have FC a lot.

Comment

Bob!

There is some problem with the governors, or related settings. With SetCPU I was able to "overclock" the CPU up to 1416 Mhz. This led to spin the thing 55 Mflops multithread performace to over 90 Mflops! Antutu score went to 7328!!! The whole system much snappier now.

On demand, and other governor settings simply not working, the system not scaling dinamically, and if, stopping at 1008 Mhz. Can we fix this somehow?

Comment

Bob, can you make a clean ROM? Because there are also many people that use this kind of mini pc just for some basic functions like browsing, playing youtube videos, chating or playing simple games and maybe they don't know how to remove the unwanted and unnecessary apps. Would be very nice if you could remove all the chinesse apps (wich, by the way, have chinesse menus and nobody understands them) and post a simple and clean ROM. I belive that you do this allready for having a clean starting point before adding the "pro" apps and funtions.

So, if you can, please post two versions of each ROM revision (a clean one and a "PRO" one).

Also, a SOFT SHUTDOWN working button will be great! Also, rising the apps storage space from 1,5 to 2GB it's a very good decision!

I really apreciate your work!

Thanks!

Comment

Cristian, am I missing something here?
                      Did you read the read me or flash this ROM?

I already removed all the junk apps!!!! AND..... I already added a reboot APP etc! It's all in my description! Again am I missing something here or is reading NOT fundamental????

Krinyo, no can do... ALL that stuff is in the kernel... So no way can it be changed without a new kernel.

Bob

Comment

Novita' mk808

salve a tutti scusate...se non mi sono presentato.Il mio nome e' Dilio e scrivo dall'italia.ho acquistato da poco tv box mk808, dal primo giorno ho avuto problemi con wifi, e mi sono messo a ricercare su internet qualche rom per poter riparare il problema .Ho fleshato tre volte.... 1.con:update_mk808_pad_204j1.img.... 2.con Vostro firmware mk808_finless14_rom(molto buono e bello,migliora di poco wifi).....3.con altro firmware uscito ieri dal costruttore :rooted_jb_update_3(27/10)......ma niente di niente.
                        Pero' posso dire che il problema wifi...ragazzi e' conflitto di periferica collegata al tv box...ne sono sicuro,se state usando mouse o tastiera con dongle wirelless(questa fa conflitto secondo me, molto vicina al modulo wifi del tv box)allontanare con una prolunga usb e risolvete il problema.Sara apposto il wifi con qualsiasi rom e/o firmware installato su tv box.
                        Spero che sia vero provate e fatemi sapere....se speranze che ho descritto sono vere....io sto ancora provando spero bene.Per essere completa questa tv box manca cosi' solo swhicth on off poi e' ok!

ciao saluto....scusate per italiano....ma con google traslete oramai non c'e' problema .Bob: CHEERS

Comment

Originally posted by alberto View Post
                          salve a tutti scusate...se non mi sono presentato.Il mio nome e' Dilio e scrivo dall'italia.ho acquistato da poco tv box mk808, dal primo giorno ho avuto problemi con wifi, e mi sono messo a ricercare su internet qualche rom per poter riparare il problema .Ho fleshato tre volte.... 1.con:update_mk808_pad_204j1.img.... 2.con Vostro firmware mk808_finless14_rom(molto buono e bello,migliora di poco wifi).....3.con altro firmware uscito ieri dal costruttore :rooted_jb_update_3(27/10)......ma niente di niente.
                          Pero' posso dire che il problema wifi...ragazzi e' conflitto di periferica collegata al tv box...ne sono sicuro,se state usando mouse o tastiera con dongle wirelless(questa fa conflitto secondo me, molto vicina al modulo wifi del tv box)allontanare con una prolunga usb e risolvete il problema.Sara apposto il wifi con qualsiasi rom e/o firmware installato su tv box.
                          Spero che sia vero provate e fatemi sapere....se speranze che ho descritto sono vere....io sto ancora provando spero bene.Per essere completa questa tv box manca cosi' solo swhicth on off poi e' ok!

ciao saluto....scusate per italiano....ma con google traslete oramai non c'e' problema .Bob: CHEERS

Alberto is saying that the Wifi issues are likely due to a usb wireless keyboard\mouse dongle being close to the wifi antenna and maybe we should try connect the the dongle with a usb cable and report back if that fixes it.

Ciao,

Enzo

Comment

Finless......cosa ne dici????

Comment

Hi, I've installed the new ROM and it's great. Screen is no longer streached. Everything works nicely. Wifi speed is still a problem, but I hope it will be fixed in next updates

Comment

Ciao alberto visto che sono italiano anche io volevo sapere se per flashare questa rom hai usato lo stesso metodo per flashare quelle originali . Volevo provare questa perche con quelle originali non vanno sul mio tv
                                Originally posted by alberto View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X